Man In A Mask
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Feeling Nostalgic?

Post by Man In A Mask » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:21 am

This was well before my time, however I know many people have played TF2 from the get go. For anyone who hasnt heard, a group recently found a way to revert back to version 1.0, and there are a couple servers that are now running the original version. As a warning when I tried it earlier there tended to be many people reliving old glitches, be it map exploits or game exploits. The only thing that is different form these servers to TF2 on launch day is that the steam engine is updated.

If anyone wanted to check it out, the steam group for can be found herehttp://steamcommunity.com/groups/TeamNostalgia2

And one of the forum posts that shows either how to set up dedicated servers, or if you read through it has IPs of different servers running this version can be found here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=3224422

Rumps
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Feeling Nostalgic?

Post by Rumps » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:43 am

sounds good, may have to check it.

Anyone here every play fortress forever?

Refuel
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Refuel » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:49 pm

I miss syringe jumping. Jumping a team of heavies up onto the battlements on 2fort was classic. Also jumping a engie to build on top of gravel pit B before wrangler jumping was awesome.

eumoria
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Blizzard tag: eumoria#1944

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by eumoria » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Rumps wrote:Anyone here every play fortress forever?
Yesss they stopped updating the client because they got steam greenlight. I want to do an event here with it but I'm waiting for it to be released on steam, although it was greenlit a year ago there's a recent update on the site that they're "working on it."

The forum post says you require a physical copy of the orange box. Thaaaaat's not gonna happen for, like, 99% of people I think. I guess I could 'acquire it somewhere' considering I do own it.

LonelyTentacle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LonelyTentacle » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 am

eumoria wrote:
Rumps wrote:Anyone here every play fortress forever?
Yesss they stopped updating the client because they got steam greenlight. I want to do an event here with it but I'm waiting for it to be released on steam, although it was greenlit a year ago there's a recent update on the site that they're "working on it."

The forum post says you require a physical copy of the orange box. Thaaaaat's not gonna happen for, like, 99% of people I think. I guess I could 'acquire it somewhere' considering I do own it.
Greenlight process does take time, but its been in process forever. The game is beyond dead so even if it passes, I doubt anyone will really touch it. There was still a pretty active server for the game, but those who played there have pretty much given up as its dead almost 24/7. I was never too into the game, especially since league play never really existed (only a handful of clans formed at the start and died quickly). The game just made me want to load up real TFC. Fortunately some TFC servers still exist so I bounce on there ever now and again.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:27 am

I can't imagine going back to 1.0 unless they either find ways to make the necessary bug/exploit fixes or go the other direction and create a mod that makes reverts the balance changes and item/cosmetics. No small task, either way!
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:51 pm

You've always been able to play 1.0 of Team Fortress 2. Just had to load up The Orange Box on Xbox 360 and enjoy the experience of level three sentries underneath Dustbowl, Gravelpit, and more! Honestly though, the original TF2 is pretty bad in comparison and the current one is also bad. Take me back in time after the nine class updates but before the F2P update and I'll be a happy man.