Medics: You Already Must Know About This, Right?

A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Medics: You Already Must Know About This, Right?

Post by Plinko » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:21 am

I don't really like to pick forum fights as much as put out what I think is good information.

But, if you're curious you gave five points, of which I disagree with three and the other two are about what to do when you're not a medic which don't really need to be disagreed with.

Obviously I disagree with the job thing, then that healing players in the front lines comment . My points 2, 3 and 6 that primarily that is exactly what you shouldn't be doing most of the time. Sure, it's gonna happen but my experience is that most medics swing the wrong direction on that to the detriment of their team and leading them the other way would be very good for most readers.

Lastly, on the mic thing, mics are no more important for medics than any other class. If you want to be a field general there's nothing wrong with it but you can do very well without doing so (Soltan is a good example, I don't try to tell everyone what to do much, either).
Other players can fill that function just as well and it can work. As a med, I am trying to put my teammates in position to win, talking is helpful but not necessary.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by trilobite » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:58 am

Plinko, thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate your clarification and advice.

Please consider our "fight" concluded and have a nice day. :D

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:04 am

Done and done! :D
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up about that check box, I need to go back and double check that I have that enabled. I spend very little time healing with a Medi gun and usually prefer to drop a dispenser in a medium to forward location and let the players come to it to take the pressure off the medic.

I was not aware that the slider existed for the threshold. Will def check that out.

Great info Plinko, I am starting to re-think my heal priorities thanks to the math you injected into the equation.

Fraulein Arztin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fraulein Arztin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:03 pm

I have checked that checkbox a long time ago, and I actually forgot about that function. I actually thought it was integrated into the game, for I have gotten so used to it....

thanks for reminding me though :)
It really is a helpful function.

Hingle
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Hingle » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:33 pm

If you adjust the slider all the way, you can have a constant medic "radar" that will show you the general position of your teammates. However, the amount of dinging noises it creates can give you a bit of a headache.