A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
SchruteFarms
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TV7 Refresh Take Two

Post by SchruteFarms » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:15 pm

Awesome!!! Thanks for the much needed update!
Beets & Potatoes & Peas can co-exist at:

Scorch
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Scorch » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 am

Has anyone played Snowplow? Apparently held back from the eotl update release.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:11 am

Scorch wrote:Has anyone played Snowplow? Apparently held back from the eotl update release.
From the map creator: "You will have noticed that the map is not part of the update page. This is because it is not officially part of the shipped update. On Novemeber 13th, YM and I found out that the map was cut from the update. The reason given was that Valve felt it was 'too confusing and challenging for new players.' What that exactly means, we have no idea."

Basically Valve has a weird double-standard when it comes to adding custom maps into TF2. Valve will add maps like Steel and Standin, and also create weird maps like Asteroid and the third stage of Cactus Canyon. But then they will call other maps "too confusing for new players." For example, there's a custom map probably only a few people have heard of called cp_glacier, but it's a custom A/D map exactly like Gravelpit. (Point C locked until Points A & B captured) Well, a few years back it was playtested by people at Valve and the map was rejected. The map's creator was told that the map was confusing and that it makes the team split up. Which is incredibly head-scratching because Gravelpit does the exact same thing.

/rant

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Sure, but Valve has all but abandoned plenty of it's official maps - they're just saying they won't repeat that mistake.

For some reason standin comes up in official QP servers, but most of the rest of the terror crew won't.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Plinko wrote:Sure, but Valve has all but abandoned plenty of it's official maps - they're just saying they won't repeat that mistake.
I don't know if I would go so far as calling those maps a mistake but I will agree that some maps aren't up to par. (*cough* cp_junction *cough*)
Nonetheless, I still find it disappointing that Valve won't add new unique maps because they're afraid they'll be "too confusing for new players."

I suppose this is the consequence of making TF2 F2P however many years ago.
A consequence to a veteran player like me and tons and tons of profit for Valve.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Now that my computer seems to be working better I'm back on tv7 more frequently. Last night in looking at the rotation I noticed that both doublecross and turbine were in the rotation. I can't recall us having more than one ctf in the past and was curious about the decision, or if it was just something I had missed in my absence.

Also, I was wondering if we could revisit adding coldfront back into the rotation? I know some concerns were mentioned about it on higher end computers, but it was pretty good for us in the VC a couple years ago, fits with the winter theme, and I can play bad sniper on it.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

LonelyTentacle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LonelyTentacle » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:18 pm

YoullNeverWalkAlone wrote:Now that my computer seems to be working better I'm back on tv7 more frequently. Last night in looking at the rotation I noticed that both doublecross and turbine were in the rotation. I can't recall us having more than one ctf in the past and was curious about the decision, or if it was just something I had missed in my absence.

Also, I was wondering if we could revisit adding coldfront back into the rotation? I know some concerns were mentioned about it on higher end computers, but it was pretty good for us in the VC a couple years ago, fits with the winter theme, and I can play bad sniper on it.
The map rotation was changed a couple months ago as Stevo wanted to make us happy! I too would like to see coldfront have its day back on the server. Maybe swapping out for Gravelpit.