INCLUDE
HP!!!
SPEED!!!
PRIMARY!!!
SECONDARY!!!
MELEE!!!
ANY EXTRAS!!! (like engi or spy)
A little extra include who would voice act this character
and what country is he/she (:O) are they from?
personality? (show-off like scout)(or smooth like spy)

DDYzErO
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Class #10?

Post by DDYzErO » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:39 pm

They could be talking about this.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Civilian

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Yes, there have been rumors about the Civilian since the game came out, since the game semi-included the class since day-one, but the class was never either complete or playable.

I'd love it if they'd put the civilian back into the game; hunted was an awesome TFC map!

BlackHawk_989
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlackHawk_989 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:46 pm

the whole point was so people could make up their own 10th class lol
I wanted to see what you guys could create in your creative little ville minds

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 am

...The cave story guy, Quote?
HP:175
Speed: 110%
Primary: Spur (Short range atk: 30-50) (Medium range atk: 50-75) (Long range atk: 1-30)
No ammo, but a reload time of 2 seconds. Shot is similar to the 1/3the size of a heavy.
Secondary: Bubbler (Short range atk: 1-5)
When used, it creates a bubble shield that protects projectiles, similar to the short circuit. Has 200 ammo, shoots out 5 bubbles per second surrounding him.
No primary :3
Extra: Recieves much bigger knock back if hit by anything at all. Quote never had a voice to begin with
...From Cave Story...bye now

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Class: Carpenter
Style: Medium Ranged Support, Builder
HP: 150
SPEED: Equal to Engi
PRIMARY: Nail-gun (TFC inspired, Ammo used in construction of melee weapon)
SECONDARY: Arc-Welder (medium ranged shock damage)
MELEE: Wooden Board (Also usable as a building material for making a Team Fortress, perhaps the Carpenter can hold 4 at a time and replenish with ammo boxes)

This class would make Team Fortress an even more literal term. All construction is subject to destruction, but is quick to build and can help block routes, or give access to previously unreachable locations. The class would not be as effective in damage as demo, solly, or heavy, but would be a more manueverable and effective than his cousin, the Engineer. Too much of the concept is from Engineer, but it would be really cool to see some engi weapons that could build Walls, planks, barriers, etc...

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:13 am

I'd like to see a class built around using a shield, more so than a demoknight.

The Phalanxton Hale class
HP - 175
Run speed - same as soldier

He's got a giant shield that works on a 180 degree basis like the spy backstab. If he's facing incoming damage it's reduced to 40% and crit bonus damage is negated by the shield.

Primary weapon is throwing spears, javelin, harpoon launcher, etc. It is a projectile weapon with damage similar to rockets, including distance fall-off. There is no splash but maybe some of his weapons can do piercing damage in a straight line.

Secondary weapon - This class would be unbeatable in hallways but super weak in open areas. I'd love to give it concussion grenades for mobility and open area group impact but that's just because it sounds really fun. More realistically a thrown weapon with some horizontal width would be ideal. A spinning sword, a boomerang, or a sonic boom style attack would help in open spaces against multiple enemies.

I think with narrow profiles on two projectile attacks and pretty slow run speed this class would be quite weak at a distance. Making the shield function as a melee weapon could make it stronger in close range to balance that. If you can click to fire your primary javelin and then right click to use shield bash instead of switching to melee it would be very formidable.

This would be a fun class to play. As a corridor killer it conflicts with the pyro though. It might be too much of a pyro killer except that both its primary and secondary can be reflected. Should facing a pyro with the shield prevent push-back from airblasts? It doesn't have much to do damage to a pyro other than melee but pyros are in the same boat with their flamethrower.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:15 pm

The Mummy Class
HP - 9001
Run speed - where we're going we don't need run speed.

Primary Weapon: Your amazing good looks
Secondary Weapon: your primary weapon is already pretty OP but we'll give you the engy pistol, too.
Melee weapon - The ability to annoy the overly sensitive

If you pick this class your name is permanently bound to "I am a mummy" and you aren't allowed to have fun anymore. You are insta-gibbed by players with the word "Maple" in their name who have the pan equipped. Any medics that attempt to heal you suddenly remember an important important meeting they need to attend and leave the game.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:29 pm

prang wrote:I'd like to see a class built around using a shield, more so than a demoknight.

The Phalanxton Hale class
HP - 175
Run speed - same as soldier

He's got a giant shield that works on a 180 degree basis like the spy backstab. If he's facing incoming damage it's reduced to 40% and crit bonus damage is negated by the shield.

Primary weapon is throwing spears, javelin, harpoon launcher, etc. It is a projectile weapon with damage similar to rockets, including distance fall-off. There is no splash but maybe some of his weapons can do piercing damage in a straight line.

Secondary weapon - This class would be unbeatable in hallways but super weak in open areas. I'd love to give it concussion grenades for mobility and open area group impact but that's just because it sounds really fun. More realistically a thrown weapon with some horizontal width would be ideal. A spinning sword, a boomerang, or a sonic boom style attack would help in open spaces against multiple enemies.

I think with narrow profiles on two projectile attacks and pretty slow run speed this class would be quite weak at a distance. Making the shield function as a melee weapon could make it stronger in close range to balance that. If you can click to fire your primary javelin and then right click to use shield bash instead of switching to melee it would be very formidable.

This would be a fun class to play. As a corridor killer it conflicts with the pyro though. It might be too much of a pyro killer except that both its primary and secondary can be reflected. Should facing a pyro with the shield prevent push-back from airblasts? It doesn't have much to do damage to a pyro other than melee but pyros are in the same boat with their flamethrower.
This is pretty cool. It may have been what you were thinking about when you conceptualized it, but this description immediately made me think of a Roman legionnaire, what with the large, testudo-esque shield, and the javelin. To offset the damage reduction from the front 180 degrees, I would suggest making the non-shielded side take extra damage. More than standard, but less than a mini-crit.

I think you would run into an issue wherein people become insanely good at quick-flipping their view to where damage is coming from, thus negating most damage, most of the time. An alternative to account for this would be to offer different shield-types. You can only equip one at a time, and they only block one type of damage (bullet, fire, explosive, etc.) but maybe they block it by as much as 60% or more.

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:50 pm

HP - 375
Run Speed - Same as demo

Primary - Blunderbuss. Very short range, very wide spread, no stored ammo. Must be loaded by holding down primary and running over things that would usually give ammo. The more ammo loaded the more damage done however movement speed slows as the gun is loaded. Damage drop-off causes gun to be almost ineffective past flamethrower range. Full capacity at around 3 large ammo packs leaving speed at 3/4 heavy speed and powerful enough to kill a full overheal heavy at point blank. Spread allows enemies multiple enemies to be killed in one shot.
Secondary - None
Melee - Fists (same damage as heavy)

Extra - Overheal by medigun is doubled i.e. stock heals to 200% qf heals to 150%

Super tanky but very short range class. Works well with medics, higher speed than heavy allows it to push forward easily and let other weak classes follow behind.

Vulnerable to snipers, spies, demos and heavies at mid to short range
Powerful against scouts (due to their low damage) pyros (because short range) heavies at long range (can tank bullets well)
Thanks Sparky!

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 pm

F13ND wrote:HP - 375
Run Speed - Same as demo

Primary - Blunderbuss. Very short range, very wide spread, no stored ammo. Must be loaded by holding down primary and running over things that would usually give ammo. The more ammo loaded the more damage done however movement speed slows as the gun is loaded. Damage drop-off causes gun to be almost ineffective past flamethrower range. Full capacity at around 3 large ammo packs leaving speed at 3/4 heavy speed and powerful enough to kill a full overheal heavy at point blank. Spread allows enemies multiple enemies to be killed in one shot.
Secondary - None

Extra - Overheal by medigun is doubled i.e. stock heals to 200% qf heals to 150%

Super tanky but very short range class. Works well with medics, higher speed than heavy allows it to push forward easily and let other weak classes follow behind.

Powerful against scouts (due to their low damage) pyros (because short range) heavies at long range (can tank bullets well)
I like that idea.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:49 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:
F13ND wrote:HP - 375
Run Speed - Same as demo

Secondary - None

I like that idea.
Yes! This is another great idea. Villun creativity ftw. My only concern is that it seems like you can't attack unless you run over metal? I'd suggest allowing for a weak shot somehow that doesn't require charging. Like, maybe you can shoot without charging but it only deals like half the damage of the standard shotgun or something.

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:20 am

The Domer wrote: Yes! This is another great idea. Villun creativity ftw. My only concern is that it seems like you can't attack unless you run over metal? I'd suggest allowing for a weak shot somehow that doesn't require charging. Like, maybe you can shoot without charging but it only deals like half the damage of the standard shotgun or something.

25 damage base, every medium sized ammo pack or weapon picked up doubles the damage up to a max of 200. Could you imagine sneaking in to get the drop on 5 or 6 people capping and getting a lucky crit?

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:04 pm

prang wrote:
The Domer wrote: Yes! This is another great idea. Villun creativity ftw. My only concern is that it seems like you can't attack unless you run over metal? I'd suggest allowing for a weak shot somehow that doesn't require charging. Like, maybe you can shoot without charging but it only deals like half the damage of the standard shotgun or something.

25 damage base, every medium sized ammo pack or weapon picked up doubles the damage up to a max of 200. Could you imagine sneaking in to get the drop on 5 or 6 people capping and getting a lucky crit?
Yeah I realised that restricting it to charging would make it an easy kill for faster classes as they could just stay out of melee range
Thanks Sparky!

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:46 pm

I am a mummy wrote:The Mummy Class
HP - 9001
Run speed - where we're going we don't need run speed.

Primary Weapon: Your amazing good looks
Secondary Weapon: your primary weapon is already pretty OP but we'll give you the engy pistol, too.
Melee weapon - The ability to annoy the overly sensitive

If you pick this class your name is permanently bound to "I am a mummy" and you aren't allowed to have fun anymore. You are insta-gibbed by players with the word "Maple" in their name who have the pan equipped. Any medics that attempt to heal you suddenly remember an important important meeting they need to attend and leave the game.
Best class if you're a Maple :D