A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Scouts with cabers :3

Post by Maple Man » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:35 am

Caber does the same thing except it's on a scout. You die in 1 caber swing, but will instantly kill certain classes. :3
Viable weapon?

Fingolfin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Scouts with cabers :3

Post by Fingolfin » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:06 am

This brings back nightmares of Zerg Scourge crashing relentlessly into my beautiful Carriers. Potentially terrifying.
"...and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar. Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came."

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:56 am

Fingolfin wrote:This brings back nightmares of Zerg Scourge crashing relentlessly into my beautiful Carriers. Potentially terrifying.
You've not experienced true terror until you've seen a swarm of Banelings crash through your wall of buildings.

As for the weapon, unless it also slowed the Scout down, I'd say it'd be too strong. It's already easy for a Scout to get up in someone's face and bat their skull in. So giving them the ability to one-shot the light classes at the cost of dying themselves seems ridiculous. And not very fun to fight against. Or with, for that matter.

Now, if it were a Randomizer-generated loadout, then it'd just be silly.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Supreveio wrote:Now, if it were a Randomizer-generated loadout, then it'd just be silly.
The official Randomizer mod actually has a Scouts-with-Cabers round setting. It's freaking hillarious. All Scouts, Caber, random primary/secondary, but forced melee-only.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

HunterTheGypsyBard
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by HunterTheGypsyBard » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:36 pm

I'd say that a skilled scout already has the mobility to take out most classes with some fast footwork and well made swings, like look at the sandman. Toss a milk and then stun from a good distance, a scout can take out a good chunk of the heavies health and still keep hitting with some fancy footwork. My favorite thing about the Caber is being able to sticky jump into the air, land down on an unaware sniper who has been camping like a silly, then blasting him to gibs, along with myself. Bombnomicon is great for that. ;)

But the scouts mobility with the power of the caber would certainly be "Having your cake and eating it", or rather have your caber and beating (with) it.
Watch as I work my GYPSY MAGIC, eye of a newt and cinnamon. Watch as the matter turns to batter open the portal jump in.

~The Gypsy Bard

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 am

Viable? No.

The caber is already absurd and excessive. Putting it on a fast moving, multi-jumping, difficult to hit class would be the height of obnoxious.

That's not stopped Valve recently, though. They're welcome to break their game howsoever they like.
-Boss Llama

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 am

Alizée Fan wrote:Viable? No.

The caber is already absurd and excessive. Putting it on a fast moving, multi-jumping, difficult to hit class would be the height of obnoxious.

That's not stopped Valve recently, though. They're welcome to break their game howsoever they like.
So you are saying you love every time I get a caber kill during the cup?
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:52 am

Scouts are already highly effective medic assassins. This would just make it worse.

Daryldime
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Daryldime » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Scoot needs the katana. Just sayin
Warpath Cup 2011 Spy for Hades Babies - 2nd Place
Warpath Cup 2012 Spy for Inner Children Unleashed - Champions

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Daryldime wrote:Scoot needs the katana. Just sayin
Not as glamorous as you think. They're too fragile and katana swings are too slow.

However, if we're talking OP potential for scout, allow me to throw out the idea of the Third Degree or the Bushwhacka for Scout. Third Degree for the Medic killers, while you can combine Crit-a-Cola's speed and mini-crits with the Bushwhacka to do some serious damage.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:The caber is already absurd and excessive. Putting it on a fast moving, multi-jumping, difficult to hit class would be the height of obnoxious.
Like on a class that can explosive jump extremely fast and far? :P :mrgreen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1VFWEc9-Y0