prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: 'Do Not Harass' list

Post by prang » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Invite spam is easy to ignore as people said. If I feel like not being social or interacting with people I just close it and keep doing whatever else Im doing. I enjoy seeing the invites for the most part.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:
John Doe wrote:Isnt there a Ville Seed Team group? If you want to help seed get into that group, if your not in that group perhaps then dont spam invites?
The group really needs updated, or deleted and a new one started. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/thevilleseedteam
yeah I had no idea this existed...Tiz a good idea but the only problem I see with this is folks like me who don't know this exist and then get left out if they want to help seed.
The Domer wrote:It's easy to ignore invites. If you don't wany to be bothered, set your status to busy, away, or offline. Seems weird that people would be upset about it.
prang wrote:Invite spam is easy to ignore as people said. If I feel like not being social or interacting with people I just close it and keep doing whatever else Im doing. I enjoy seeing the invites for the most part.
Well some are...this isn't the place to be questioning those people or else they might not feel like voicing their opinions which was the whole point of this thread.
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:17 pm

I am a mummy wrote:people get mad over receiving invites to join a game?
I don't get mad about people inviting me to join a game, what bothers me is when I get six invites to that same game from six different people. Bonus points if i'm marked away, busy, or in a completely different game. I ignore them, but when they come in non-stop, they start to get pester-y.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:10 am

What bothers me about invites is when they come in *just* as an automated invite, without any kind of typing or explanation from the person sending it. "Soandso has invited you to play TF2" or "Soandso has invited you to play L4D2" is utterly meaningless to me. A typed message saying "We're trying to seed TV7 if you'd like to join us." or "We're starting an L4D2 campain lobby, want in?" are much more likely to get a response from me than a blind invite, which I'll almost automatically delete.

I can't and don't mind either way, because I am still on the Ville seed team, as it's a good way to make sure people can see if I'm online and access me for admin purposes if they don't have me on their friends list. Also, much of the time I'm shown as only "online" I'm actually playing Minecraft/Tekkit, which I don't run through the Steam interface, so I'm not actually available for non-admin calls (but I want to be online in case I'm needed for admin or to talk about something). Still - I'm more likely to reply to a personal message than an invite any day.
-Boss Llama

XxOtaruxX
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by XxOtaruxX » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:16 am

It's not that I mind them, but I seem to get a lot when I am away from my computer. I usually leave my computer on all the time, and leave steam open. So it's just a matter fo I get them, but don't see them till hours later.
I'm Saw-rry!

Moonray
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Moonray » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:02 am

XxOtaruxX wrote:It's not that I mind them, but I seem to get a lot when I am away from my computer. I usually leave my computer on all the time, and leave steam open. So it's just a matter fo I get them, but don't see them till hours later.
Yeah, that happens to me a lot too. But it probably wouldn't happen as much if I remembered to set my status to away.. :P
The Ville Cup 2012 - Commissar Crimson's Conscript Platoon
Dustbowl Loves Warpath 2013 - SOBAD
The Ville Cup 2013 - Group Of Drunks
The Ville Cup 2014 - Fox In Sox Team

Seventhorn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Seventhorn » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:13 am

I agree with domer it is easy to ignore seed request you shouldn't be letting it drag you down. If anything I'm doing schoolwork I get sad because I can't go play. It doesn't mean I don't want to see seeding requests though.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Seventhorn wrote:I agree with domer it is easy to ignore seed request you shouldn't be letting it drag you down. If anything I'm doing schoolwork I get sad because I can't go play. It doesn't mean I don't want to see seeding requests though.
Again Folks, NOT THE PLACE TO SAY THESE THINGS!!!!

It is a place so that IF YOU ARE bothered you can post here so that we don't bother you anymore. If you are not bothered, or find it weird that people are bothered THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR YOU!!! I apologize for getting annoyed with this, but I have posted this now like 4 times and people are still weighing in their "thoughts" on the matter.
Alizée Fan wrote:What bothers me about invites is when they come in *just* as an automated invite, without any kind of typing or explanation from the person sending it.
Which is why I always make it a point to say what we are seeding and NEVER send out just a generic game invite. :D
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Remember, just because you don't feel a certain way doesn't mean others don't. Don't belittle others' feelings or declare them invalid simply because they don't match your own.

I, for one, do get a little irritated by seeding invites when I'm focusing on working on something. It breaks my concentration to have that window pop up, and it will easily send my train of thought flying off the tracks, forcing me to spend extra minutes establishing where I was in my project.

Typically, unless it's the weekend, I'm probably occupied with something, regardless of whether my status says Busy or not (which I try to make it say as much as possible, but I don't always remember). Even then, if I want to join up to help seed a game, I watch the Shoutbox a lot, so I'll hop in if I see a seed attempt mentioned in there and I'm interested in playing.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Will T. wrote:Remember, just because you don't feel a certain way doesn't mean others don't. Don't belittle others' feelings or declare them invalid simply because they don't match your own.
Thank you Will, couldn't have said it better myself.

Okay, so now that there is a page and a half of gobbledy gook interfering with the purpose of this thread, there are two folks on the list that I can see so far:

Zork
Will T.

Keep em coming!

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Will T. wrote:I, for one, do get a little irritated by seeding invites when I'm focusing on working on something.
Tagged you for no invites. Thanks!
:D

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:03 pm

ADevilishPotato wrote:Okay, so now that there is a page and a half of gobbledy gook interfering with the purpose of this thread, there are two folks on the list that I can see so far:
Zork
Will T.
Maybe you should modify your original post at the top to include this list of names so it's readily accessible without having to scroll through multiple pages.