Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

IGL ladder team?

Post by prang » Wed May 29, 2013 3:57 pm

http://www.playigl.com/

I've been watching this site and the TF2 community's reaction to it over the past few weeks because I'm curious to see if it will take off or not. The website is still in beta but they are trying to set up easy to access ladder systems for various games. They intend to do 6v6 and highlander 9v9 for TF2 but so far HL is the only ladder running. I know many of the members here play in more organized highlander leagues and I wanted to see if there was any interest in getting a Villun team set up for this.

The appealing thing about IGL is your team can basically queue up for a ladder match every hour and if it can pair you up with another team it will provide a server and both teams can jump right in. Right now there are only 10 teams with enough registered players to compete but it is getting a lot of attention and I hope it continues to grow. For those of us with unpredictable schedules a ladder system is way more manageable than league play but hopefully just as much fun.

If you are interested or intrigued post here and let me know what you think. I have not seen any definite limits on team size but there are icon spots for up to 33 players. If we can get 20+ villuns on a team and just have 9 people queue up a match whenever there are enough people ready to play it might be a fun way to get into Highlander for more casual players and a great way to learn more about organized teamwork in TF2. Still no guarantees that IGL is going to grow into something that works well but it definitely looks like it could be a lot of fun.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: IGL ladder team?

Post by The Domer » Wed May 29, 2013 4:27 pm

So sort of like TF2lobby but you make a team beforehand and there is ranking system in place?

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Wed May 29, 2013 4:32 pm

The Domer wrote:So sort of like TF2lobby but you make a team beforehand and there is ranking system in place?
And there are people there who actually belong in a lobby?
  • The Ville Cup 2012 Champions - [SNES] Superflous Nipples Equals Success - Captain
    Dustbowl<3Warpath Champions- Team CDi- Captain

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Wed May 29, 2013 4:55 pm

TF2lobby is fun sometimes but playing with random people makes it hard to get anything out of it. I don't know what kind of skill level or competitiveness this will end up being like but the more teams that sign up the wider the range I guess. The nice thing about a ladder would be casual teams that just want to do something different once in a while can get matched up against similar teams. There needs to be more teams signed up than there is right now for that to be a reality though. On the other hand it could just end up being a poop pit full of people we mostly avoid by playing at the Ville :D

Cat Square
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cat Square » Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 pm

prang wrote:On the other hand it could just end up being a poop pit full of people we mostly avoid by playing at the Ville :D
One of my favorite aspects of The Ville is how unpoopy it is.

It's amazing what even the tiniest amount of competition can do to your every day run-of-the-mill non-villun

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed May 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Cat Square wrote:It's amazing what even the tiniest amount of competition can do to your every day run-of-the-mill non-villun
This is why I stopped signing myself up for events.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Bishop1342
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bishop1342 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:44 am

While normally, I would be all for this sort of thing. Hell, I was willing to do a much bigger commitment with Domer, Baron and several other villuns in UGC. I cannot help you guys out right now Prang, as I am in an epic stretch of work without end. If you are still looking for people in mid august, I might be free to join a villun team then.

In the mean time, I wish you all the best, and I will say that playing competitively really brought my game to a whole new level, and gave me a whole new respect for the talents of other villuns.

Bishop