black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Spectating to join the winners

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Ian_Suffix wrote:I've also observed an equal amount of people specifically choosing a team, but whether or not they're trying to teamstack or not is hard to say. I always pick random, so I purge my memory of useful teammates every time a new game starts. Makes Medicating more interesting.
When I join a game and both teams have the same number of players, I tend to have a look at the scoreboard and try to join whichever team is losing. That's specifically choosing a team, but definitely not stacking.

I choose random if the teams look more or less balanced or one team has more players than the other.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Random team chooser is still broken on dustbowl anyways.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:16 pm

I am a mummy wrote:Random team chooser is still broken on dustbowl anyways.
It's not intended to be random on attack/defend maps. It's supposed to put you on the attacking team unless there's more players on the attacking team, in which case it puts you on the defending team.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:16 pm

I am a mummy wrote:Random team chooser is still broken on dustbowl anyways.
How so?

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:20 pm

It always puts you on blu team if it is able to do so.

Alex
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Alex » Fri May 03, 2013 7:25 pm

There were a bunch of platinum league players doing this in tv6 today, they kept absolutely rolling. There were a few regulars stacking with them too, which was pretty sad. I'm probably just abit mad considering I just got out of the server, but it was pretty frustrating that nobody did anything about the extremely blatant stacking for the three hours I was there.
If this is your first Ville Cup, allow me to clarify that winning is way, way more fun than not winning.

prang
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by prang » Fri May 03, 2013 8:28 pm

When this thread popped up I thought about chiming in that some people play specifically to work together with their friends and that is something I can respect. I don't usually have a problem with players going spec to make sure they end up on a team with someone they specifically joined the server to play with and that seems a bit more pertinent to say now. Its different with regulars obviously but thats because we've built up expectations of each other. I was on the same team as Alex and I'm sorry I didn't clue in it was getting so frustrating for a few people. It felt like we could have won that final round but we never got it to click. We were facing off against 4 or 5 members of one of the top Highlander teams though, I didnt expect them to mix up the teams but I also didnt really expect to win while they were on red.

ggs this afternoon Alex and everyone else :?

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sun May 05, 2013 12:39 pm

prang wrote:When this thread popped up I thought about chiming in that some people play specifically to work together with their friends and that is something I can respect.
I'm pretty sure that deliberately playing on the same team as friends is generally OK as long as the following conditions are met:

1. We're only talking about 2-3 people, not large numbers.
2. It doesn't consistently result in a severe unbalance one way or the other.
3. If separated by autobalance, the autobance is respected and people play out the rest of the map on different teams.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Sun May 05, 2013 1:13 pm

If people are "stacking" because they want to play with their friends, I'm generally okay with that. But in the situation that Alex is referencing, those guys were most likely intentionally "pub-stomping" and should have been separated. I try to avoid letting pre-defined teams or clans stack, as they are probably using mumble or something and their coordination from having played together will almost certainly unbalance the teams, resulting in the aforementioned frustration.

Shoot one of us admins a message on steam; any of us are glad to stop in and help you out!