black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Untitled

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Not sure what this is supposed to be about.

A poem of some kind?

CoyoteCreed
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CoyoteCreed » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Vale of mist
Synergy pervades
Fast compatriots
Harmony
Brave hope fulfilled
Banner by some other Villun

Warpath Cup '12 | Inner Children Unleashed | Champions
Villympics '12 | ACME Villympic Team (Captain) | Champions
VC '12 | Solis Tanquam
D<3W '13 | SOBAD
VC '13 | Ville Cuppin' Cakes (Captain)
VC '14 | Carpetbaggers | Champions

eVa

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Translated into english:
I'm sick of the stacked teams ruining my Dustbowl experience. Too many n00bs aren't playing for the team; their renegade style is ruining my hopes for TV6.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 pm

This thread is makes no sense, I know what to do. TIME TO DERAIL

Now I got it, anyone watch some GAME GRUMPS

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 pm

-Boss Llama

Pepsibottle1
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Pepsibottle1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Image
8)

"To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster." - Sterling Moss
Resident Motorsports Enthusiast and Sim Racer
Powered by AMD/ATI

trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by trilobite » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm

The Domer wrote:Translated into english:
I'm sick of the stacked teams ruining my Dustbowl experience. Too many n00bs aren't playing for the team; their renegade style is ruining my hopes for TV6.

Domer has made a cohesive interpretation of my poem which apparently DID make sense to HIM.
There are bits (but not all) of your interpretation that truly reflect my current sense of the situation. But I felt it crass and whiny to state my feelings outright. Incidentally, this has nothing to do with noobs.

I like CoyoteCreed's verse. Hopeful thoughts to my dreary dirge. Thank you, but my heart remains heavy.

It is unfortunate that ketchuo did not attempt his own interpretation, but instead, chose to hijack my thread -- a most unwelcome involvement.

But Domer's enthusiasm for bad haiku has me feeling gracious at the moment. So I give ketchuo a second chance.
Hence, I challenge you, ketchuo, to write a haiku that directly responds to mine. No references to little ponies allowed.
I eagerly await, but first I need another ale. brb

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Pepsibottle1 wrote:
Alizée Fan wrote:Image
8)
Is that lumpy, I LOVE LUMPY

As for this thread, I really don't see the purpose at all because people know this already. Not to mention a lot of new people will stack on the winning team.

In other words, it's pretty hard to stop new people from stacking but that's how I actually got good at tf2. Playing on the losing team and actually having to fight people that are better then me.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Teams uneven now
Helping weak to grow stronger
Balance restored

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 pm

What I have learned
Only play on 6
When it has regulars
Or else 'tis garbage
  • The Ville Cup 2012 Champions - [SNES] Superflous Nipples Equals Success - Captain
    Dustbowl<3Warpath Champions- Team CDi- Captain

trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by trilobite » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 am

ketchuo wrote:
As for this thread, I really don't see the purpose at all because people know this already. Not to mention a lot of new people will stack on the winning team.

In other words, it's pretty hard to stop new people from stacking but that's how I actually got good at tf2. Playing on the losing team and actually having to fight people that are better then me.
ketchuo, you did not reply with a haiku as I expected.
I said already that this is not about noobs. So, 10 points off for not reading before responding -- and because your response was not haiku as I had requested.

Regarding the "purpose" of this thread, I am dismayed that you consider it acceptable practice to hijack my humble little thread because you find no purpose in it. Can you not tell that I am in a delicate state? And you barge in with your "What's the purpose of this?" man talk. Frankly, it's a bit scary -- everything considered right now.

If you are not going to play along, then please excuse yourself and let the rest of us have fun with it. I understand there are games afoot.

But ketcho, dear boy, I still invite you to embrace your latent poet and contribute your bad haiku. Certainly the historied culture at the famous The Ville can indulge in a little literary exercise every so often.

Here is another...

Biting words
Edges nick
Ether interleaves
Pragmatic slave
Soothes not

See? CoyoteCreed, Inner and Crusty (a bit direct, but still acceptable) have grasped the joy of bad haiku. I invite others to reach down deep and express yourselves in bad haiku. Respond to mine or tell a story about your own experiences here.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:57 am

Do not give up hope.
Encouragement and teamwork
Yield positive things.

A few of us admins were on the server yesterday, during non-peak hours, helping keep things to a dull roar. There were hilariously blatent attempts to stack going on - a constant stream of players joining spec to force auto-balance, then switching teams. Inevitably, these were the top scorers on the team that was having some slight difficulty pushing, trying to jump ship. We would move them back, and tell them not to do that. The very next mini-round, the exact same thing would happen in reverse, people in the previously winning team were flocking in droves to spec to try and steal spots by forcing the auto-balance. We returned them to the appropriate teams with repeats of the same requests mentioned above.

The result? More whining than you can imagine. One of the players, after repeatedly ignoring us and trying to do this rather than help his team, stormed off crying about admin abuse for preventing him from switching to the winning team by this underhanded method. Several other players, including ones who hadn't been team-swapping, spent several rounds making snide remarks about our rules and generally being idiots. Sadly, in response to this, I can only say "The Internet."

Interestingly enough, the teams were almost perfectly balanced - neither could beat the other on offense, and both could hold a good defense at about the same point. The number of players who have no interest in a balanced game, however, is quite significant. We do our best to keep things evened out when we can, but it's a part of the TF2 "dynamic" (such as it is) that has emerged particularly forcefully since the F2P patch. As we can see by looking around here at the forums, if we nurture the good ones and maintain our principles, we can gain new friends and community members. As for the rest, it is frustrating, but we can't let them define our gaming experience.

Teamwork is infectious. If we tenaciously maintain positive teamwork positions, encouraging good play through polite interactions, crisp communication, and leading by example, the cream will rise to the top. When the jerks and blowhards see success coming from something other than their mouth and their ego, maybe, just maybe, they'll begin to get a clue and begin the conversion process from lamer to gamer.
-Boss Llama

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:01 am

You can always caberknight, best thing ever.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP