TV8 Seeding Coordination

A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2

What weeknights would you be interested in coordinated seeding/playing Warpath?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Monday
23%
Tuesday
19%
Wednesday
15%
Thursday
31%
Just weekends for me/not interested
12%

Total votes: 26

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

TV8 Seeding Coordination

Post by Plinko » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Over the last month or so, we've successfully gotten Warpath going more frequently than since the MvM update was released, which is nice, but we've noticed that while some weeknights the server gets going nicely, other nights the server seems to languish at 5 or 6 for a long while before folks give up. I'm personally very appreciative of the many diehard Warpathers out there that have put in a lot of time seeding or working to keep the game going as long as possible.

So, we're considering coordinating seeding nights/times to try and help boost the server back to a more consistent and stable population - by getting us together at once and, I hope, reducing the frequency of failed seeding attempts.
The poll up above has only weeknights; weekends have been pretty successful without coordination so I think we can leave well enough alone there. Please vote for as many nights as you'd be interested in seeding or playing. This will allow us to try and focus on the nights with the most prospective players to seed and, I hope, get the server at a playable population more quickly and easily when we do so. We can only poll one question per thread so I've focused on days here, but coordination of timing is important too, so please chime in this thread on that subject if you'd like.

On a related note, Stevo recently wiped TV8 and gave it a fresh install. Those of you that have played have probably noticed that many of the major lag issues have lessened since. So now would be a great time to try and woo back those regulars who might have fled for places unmentionable.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TV8 Seeding Coordination

Post by Checkm8 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Weekends have been the easiest to seed these days. With all the new multi-player games available, TF2 is kind of losing its steam (pun intended).

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Everyday for me! Because i am young, and there for have little responsibilities, i can always drop by to seed tv8 no matter what day it is!.

Fingolfin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fingolfin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Kagsacar wrote:Everyday for me! Because i am young, and there for have little responsibilities, i can always drop by to seed tv8 no matter what day it is!.
Agreed. Unfortunately that means I'm all too often staring down the barrel of your sniper rifle.
"...and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar. Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came."

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:41 pm

I voted for everyday! As long as it's evenings, no day in particular is better/worse than any other.

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Fingolfin wrote:
Kagsacar wrote:Everyday for me! Because i am young, and there for have little responsibilities, i can always drop by to seed tv8 no matter what day it is!.
Agreed. Unfortunately that means I'm all too often staring down the barrel of your sniper rifle.
"Acknowledged Skill" Achievement Unlocked! Woot! Also i really hope this makes TV8 more active.

Daryldime
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Daryldime » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:09 pm

You can always drag this spy in if I am around.
Warpath Cup 2011 Spy for Hades Babies - 2nd Place
Warpath Cup 2012 Spy for Inner Children Unleashed - Champions

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Any day of the week, I can always jump in for some shenanigans.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

So it looks like Mondays and Thursdays are leading the vote. Anybody want to give this a try next week? Plinko, do you have a time in mind already?

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:38 pm

I've been meaning to be a bit more coordinated, but we've had a killer few weeks at work so my TF2 time's been curtailed.

I expect things to clear up shortly so I think next week would be a good one. 8:30 VST is really the earliest time I can commit to anything, but if we can wrangle 5-6 people who want to get it started at an earlier time I will pop in as soon as I can.
What I think we're all hoping for out of these planned nights is to ensure we can get 6-8 core folks who can get us started on the designated nights - Monday and Thursday look good!

The key thing, IMHO, is getting those mass invites going, geared toward known Warpathers and any other folks that prize earning seed points (but make sure you invite the latter group early!). I often see a few intrepid folks attempting to seed and they neglect to get invites going (or, they don't invite me and everybody should know I join any TV8 seed I can!).
The TV8 regular players are too disperse at the moment to easily build up a full server based on folks noticing there are some people playing on the mainpage or the server browser.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 pm

It's Thursday, lets do this!