It is interesting that the “community” of the Ville is a blend or long-lasting regulars, short-term regulars, occasional drop-ins, and one-time strangers. I come and go every once-in-a-while. Upon my recent return following a six-month break, I was warmly welcomed back by several of the regulars I had come to know the previous year at the Ville. Felt very good.
So, in keeping with the current holiday spirit of good will, joy, love and all the rest, I am going to start a list of players who have made playing at the Ville especially enjoyable for me – but who play here very seldom or have disappeared altogether.
Here is my list (not in any prioritized order):
- Pwnstar: I enjoyed his fun mic commentary and banter. Master sniper and one I would always try to flank and pummel with my mailbox. Not easy.
- Alcapoon: Soldier and demoman who killed me 10:1 but it was totally worth it to occasionally reflect a crocket into his face. Lots of fun and lively sound effects and of course his sig line “It’s PARTY time” upon releasing his rage banner.
- Clunker: Talkative, friendly and expert in any class he played. He always had something interesting to chat about and helped make the overall team experience more – teamy.
- El Hefe: (I know you’re reading this, you lurker). I love his kill taunts and those fabulous movie director poses as pyro.
- Flute: Expert spy and the fastest talker on the map. Lots of fun banter. Knew how to make the best of a spy uber, which I loved to give him.
- Nighty: Also expert spy who taught me a lot (although not intentionally) on the finer skills of spy checking. Also expert demoman. Unassuming and deadly.
- Frozen Snow Leopards: Another expert spy who, I have to say, I really hated killing while I was pyro. He was very playful and imaginative and never took himself too seriously. I always rooted for him even when we were opponents.
- Wasp: Always a friendly and willing presence on the map.
- Malkazar: Same.
- Miguel: Expert heavy – but not demanding. Easy to medic for. He always had funny chat going on with everyone on the map, it seemed. And on RED he owned the left house at the last corner on stage 3 Dustbowl – no medic required.
- Latexglove: excellent medic and smart tactician who spread the love to all classes at just the right times. Always had something interesting to chat about.
- Slutty pilgrim: Definitely a unique personality whose crazy and hilarious banter always made Dustbowl a fun experience – win or lose.
I invite others here to add your own list.