Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: How To Recognize The Carrolton Cheater

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun May 04, 2014 4:12 pm

This might be a bit of a necropost, but after reviewing the anti-cheating measures of another game I had a thought.

If this guy is still at large, I know we can't IP ban him because that might affect other players (and given the circumstances, he'd probably get around it), but is there any way to issue a hardware ban instead? That way, he'd have to get an entirely new rig to reconnect to our servers.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Garrett
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: How To Recognize The Carrolton Cheater

Post by Garrett » Sun May 04, 2014 6:29 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:This might be a bit of a necropost, but after reviewing the anti-cheating measures of another game I had a thought.

If this guy is still at large, I know we can't IP ban him because that might affect other players (and given the circumstances, he'd probably get around it), but is there any way to issue a hardware ban instead? That way, he'd have to get an entirely new rig to reconnect to our servers.
Didn't Punkbuster used to do that (or still does)? I thought people could still fake their HDD or motherboard serials so it wasn't very effective.