bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

tf2lobby.com

Post by bluntspoon » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:04 am

So I've played a couple of rounds using this website. I went in wide eyed and bushy tailed and came out somewhat scarred. Longish wait times and complete and utter douchebags abound. The level of play is consistently high and the 6v6 matches can be intense.

A story: Playing a badlands 6 on 6 as a medic. On the opening push the abuse starts, primarily from one guy. Whining, complaining, I hit uber too late, hit uber too early etc. I politely ask him to "just play". Then the real abuse starts, cursing and the like and culminates in comparing me to an austistic child. At this point we are down 1-3 in a first to 5.

I go ballistic. Saliors run from the room sobbing hysterically level ballistic, culminating in me gleefully telling him "no more heals for you". Every time he opens his mouth to complain sets me off for another 10-15 seconds until he gives up and shuts up. He doesn't get a single heal for the remainder of the game.

We gut it out and end up winning 5-4.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: tf2lobby.com

Post by NerevarineKing » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:25 am

Sadly, there's always gonna be people like that, especially when you get to the more competitive side of a game.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Sadly, I know exactly the type of people you're talking about. They're the reason I no longer play any online multiplayer outside of The Ville. :\ (The worst part is, those types of people actually make up a significant portion of the community... it's an exception to the rule to find a server without any.)

I applaud you for wiping his face in the dirt. :clap: Maybe he's learned something. Probably not, though.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 pm

i didnt know this site was still around

Parade Kid
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Parade Kid » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:49 pm

It's really hit or miss. I prefer the highlander matches

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Yeah, it's super hit and miss. You can have some fun lobbies, then you can have people that are just jerks, and you get docked for leaving a match early ><
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:26 pm

People like you described are the main reason I back down from competition play (that and the stress related to it). I'm no role model myself but there are people who are far worse than I and those are the people I honestly don't want anything to do with.

It's jerks in the game's following that really get to me. People like that are the main reason I quit World of Warcraft shortly before Cataclysm. People like that are the main reason why i'm hesitant to play Super MNC or Counter Strike.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:People like you described are the main reason I back down from competition play (that and the stress related to it). I'm no role model myself but there are people who are far worse than I and those are the people I honestly don't want anything to do with.

It's jerks in the game's following that really get to me. People like that are the main reason I quit World of Warcraft shortly before Cataclysm. People like that are the main reason why i'm hesitant to play Super MNC or Counter Strike.
Amen to WoW, when i started playing it was like Lv 85 or your a scrub.
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

--HaDeS--
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by --HaDeS-- » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Due to how cruel the people are on TF2lobby, I would not recommend playing on their until you at least have an idea of how competitive 6 v 6 works. Most of the time the players are really unforgiving and you don't learn much of anything.

Back when I used to play competitively, that site helped me out a lot before I was on a team. It helped me get a feel for a match before being thrown into one. The players there though, will always have a terrible attitude.
New York Rangers: Offseason

New York Giants: Offseason

The Warpath Cup 2011: Hades' Babies (2nd Place)
The Ville Cup '10: Hale's Angels (3rd Place)

Pwnstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pwnstar » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Ive been doing alot of it lately 20+ games and I learned one thing. 6v6=no 9v9=Super yessss. Also if you see stabby stabby your on a live stream :D

Bishop1342
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bishop1342 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:25 am

I went to Lobby a few months ago after I got interested in comp play. I was good, and my teams thrashed our opponents. But I had this feeling as I played that my heart was going to explode. I was more on edge than I have ever been. The players were rude and bad at working together. My scout combos consistently over extended and then yelled at me to save them. Winning felt good, but not nearly as good as winning on theville. Instead of feeling like I had earned something, I felt like I had just not screwed up. It was then that I decided to steer clear of TF2lobby, I don't need that kind of stress in my relaxation time.

Bishop

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:40 am

Pwnstar wrote:Ive been doing alot of it lately 20+ games and I learned one thing. 6v6=no 9v9=Super yessss. Also if you see stabby stabby your on a live stream :D
Yeah, you see people like that a lot, I've played with mix^ members, eXtv guys, and other top notch people. Stabby's stranges are insane.
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:52 am

Speaking of Stabby Stabby:

VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

--HaDeS--
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by --HaDeS-- » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:31 pm

6Larry9 wrote:
Pwnstar wrote:Ive been doing alot of it lately 20+ games and I learned one thing. 6v6=no 9v9=Super yessss. Also if you see stabby stabby your on a live stream :D
Yeah, you see people like that a lot, I've played with mix^ members, eXtv guys, and other top notch people. Stabby's stranges are insane.
To the invite player's defense, they are usually the more polite players. I've played few lobbies with Blaze from Area 51 and Clockwork, they were both good sports. They typically off-class and even then don't put much effort in.

I've also lobbied a few times with eXtine, who doesn't really have the time to play comp. Actually ended up talking with him about competitive TF2 after the lobbies were over, seemingly a nice guy.

That whole site is completely hit or miss, take it for what it is and it can be very fun and useful.
New York Rangers: Offseason

New York Giants: Offseason

The Warpath Cup 2011: Hades' Babies (2nd Place)
The Ville Cup '10: Hale's Angels (3rd Place)

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Yeah, some invite people are pretty fun to play with, but then there are people like "Why haven't you heard of me, im famous" and stuff, ive only meet like 2 of those guys
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011