A little over a month ago, Soltan (with support of others) suggested placing a two-engie limit on TV-VI-Dustbowl. The limit was implemented shortly thereafter.
Here is a link to the topic...
http://www.thevilluns.org/forums/viewto ... 15&t=21516
After about a month of play with this limit, I want to make a report.
I have noticed the following:
- The sense that one-time engie mains (like Malkazar and rammy, for example) are rarely playing engie anymore.
- Engie now seems to be most useful on BLU, and significantly less effective on RED.
- Basically, engies (on either BLU or RED) now seem to be most useful in putting up teleporters and dispensers. Sentry guns are significantly less effective, especially on RED.
- Two-man engie teams on RED try hard to keep up, but quickly become overwhelmed – no matter how hard they are cooperating. Without a third helper, engies on RED quickly fall hopelessly behind and rarely recover.
- Fewer players are volunteering to play engie.
- Spys now are significantly more effective at neutralizing any team’s engies.
My experience in the last few weeks has been that BLU victory is now almost always assured on all three stages of Dustbowl. In an interesting twist, it now seems that stage two is the hardest. Again, that’s just my personal sense.
With three engies on RED, it is extremely difficult for BLU to succeed. But with only two engies on RED, it is almost impossible for RED to succeed. In my view, the greater burden for victory should fall more on the attackers.