MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Your best moment!

Post by MrBlah » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 pm

So, I know most people, I think, can remember that one time they did something either absolutely rediculous or seemingly impossible. That is, your best moment. No, I'm not asking for that one time you went 50-0 because you were an expert camper. I'm asking for that one time, likely shorter than 1 minute, where you did something awesome, and then thought to yourself "What on earth just happened? How was that-? What?"

Example: Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, before any class updates had been released, the map was cp_castle. I was a lowly medic at the time, not that good at the class. I saw two medics healing one heavy. I was alone. What better suicide than to use my bonesaw. Well, low and behold, there was no suicide. I went for the heavy first. He was being healed by both medics at the time. I ran around in circles and such to avoid fire and proceeded to chop all of his limbs off. I killed the heavy. I then proceeded to go after one of the medics, and in smiliar fashion, I killed one of them. The second medic started to run, but I saw quick enough as to not lose him so I was able to kill him as well, with my bonesaw. Seemingly impossible right? Most certainly by today's standards.

So, What is your best moment of Team Fortress 2?
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Your best moment!

Post by One_Medic_Army » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:57 pm

On warpath once, after my uber had worn off, I ended up in the middle of the enemy team and nobody noticed me. Until I killed the engineer and the gun he was setting up with my syringe gun that is.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 pm

The map was warpath, we were in sudden death. I was an engineer, and I had a lvl 3 dispenser and sentry built up. I soon noticed that my team was getting killed off and one check of the scoreboard told me I was the last one alive. It was me against five or so, a medic, two demos, a sniper and a pyro. As they charged in I set up my wrangler and drove some of them back. For some reason I knew that something was gonna kill me from behind, so i let my gun get destroyed. The moment my sentry was down, I gained about five revenge crits for my shotgun and saw a pyro running at me from behind. I took my shot and killed him instantly with the 180 damage crit. It was at this point that I decided if I was gonna go down, I was gonna go down fighting. One of the demos and the medic were keeping the point at overtime while the timer was at 0:00. I ran towards them, crit frontier justice in hand, and they backed up. They backed up so far that they stepped off the point and when I stepped on the point it reverted their capture. Instead being killed, I heard the sweet sound of "You failed, stalemate!" and that is how a lowly engineer did what engineers do best, stopping the other team from winning.

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm

It was on Warpath on the night of the 2011 Ville Cup finals. My team had just won the Cup that night and I had 9 ubersaw kills in my first life (a personal best).

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 pm

There was this one time on dustbowl 1-1, I was on the offensive team as a demo and I was flashed a krtiz for about a second. One Loch-n-Load shell into the capture point area and I was instantly up five kills.

And then another time where utilizing the Chargin' Targe and the Ullapool Caber, I singlehandedly obliterated a 5-man cart push on Badwater with one swing.

One time on Upward at cap 3, I deflected a critical rocket, killing a soldier, his medic, and a passing demo at the same time.

Eyelander rampage, 31 kill life on Badwater defending cap 1, 13 heads collected in the process. My highest amount of kills in a single life as any class.

Eyelander rampages are few and far between, but i've gone an entire round of Harvest with targe/boots/eyelander, scoring 20 kills without dying or losing the match.

And speaking of harvest, this one time I scored three consecuitive Gunslinger Combo kills on a soldier, medic, and sniper.

There's tons of amazing moments out there, just gotta know when to play your cards right.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 pm

i was playing on a KoTH Harvest map, the ville's, i was playing spy and i was on top of one of the house things when i noticed a demo about to jump off. I got close enough to stab him but he jumped off and i followed. He landed on the ground, but me, i Assassin Creed style backstabbed him from above, but the cool part is, when i stabbed him, i guess i haven't hit the ground yet, so his rag doll went flying forward at a insane speed distracting his fellow teammate, so i stabbed them. All of them. Then i laughed and taunted over their bodies.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

I had just got the spy-cicle, 8 backstabs and 2 revolver kills in one life later and i'm in love.

Edit: Scratch that I just made someone ragequit on TV8 by using the croc-o-style set.
Last edited by THE Flying chihuahua on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:48 pm

I remember another one, in one of those "Wish replay was enabled" moments on a Degroot Keep server, I positioned myself as a scout with the Sandman on at the top of the sniper deck. I start taunting and finish my taunt the moment a jumping demo lands in front of me, sending him back from whence he came.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by trilobite » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:05 pm

I have been playing this game pretty much since it first came out.
I don't have a best moment I could brag about -- unless dying more than any other player on the server could be considered a best moment.
I have a few of THOSE best moments at theville/thevilluns and awards to prove it. So, Pi$$ of if you think I'm lying.

But seriously, my best moment was one time on Dustbowl, I lived for over five minutes without dying.
I accomplished this by going AFK in the spawn and I snuk into my kitchen to make a late night snack.
Nothing fancy, probably a bowl of Trader Joe's frosted maple shredded wheats cereal. That stuff is so delicious.
I should probably do that kind of thing more often during a match... MY team didn't even notice I was gone. But the OTHER team was asking where I'd been -- I guess because they enjoy killing me so much. It's nice to be missed... I guess.

Yea, that was a good time.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Probably something to do with my stickylauncher getting kritzed on badwater

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:39 pm

I can remember two:

1. On warpath, a pyro was about to be uber'd as he was coming off the ridge to the middle point. I hid on the edge next to the crates and managed to backstab the pyro with the eternal reward before the medic uber'd. Then I stole the uber. It was pretty cool.

2. Reflected pipebomb airshot on a stickyjumping demoman.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Shame it didn't win.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm

was that a double kill?
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:31 pm

2 moments stick out.

1. Playing Warpath for about 30 minutes, feeling like I'm doing ok, hit tab and look at my score and see I'm dominating 9 of the other team. I just about fell out of my chair.

2. Going post to post on Warpath with Soltan as my medic in a single life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cLnk#t=95s

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 pm

6Larry9 wrote:was that a double kill?
Nope.

But it was a replay I submitted for the Saxxy's that became a finalist.