Pwnstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Usefull TF2 scripts(Please dont flame)

Post by Pwnstar » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:48 pm

Ok so I know some of you may not approve of script usage but I know atleast half of you use them lol

Scripts can be very useful in dire situations and have in fact saved me many times and pwned many noobs, Im going to share some usefull ones that will get you going and looking 1337

1.PUT THIS IN YOUR SOLIDER.CFG Ok this is a rocket jump script that works VERY well, I do suggest learning to do it your self but if you lazy like me here you go, I have bound it to my middle mouse but you can change that to whatever button you want

alias +rocketjump "+jump; +duck; wait; +attack"
alias -rocketjump "-jump; -attack; wait; wait; wait; -duck"
bind "MOUSE3" "+rocketjump"

2.YOU CAN PUT THIS IN ANY CFG YOU WANT. This is my favorite, the quickmelee and return. When you hold down the button you bind it to(for me its mouse4) you will pull out your melee weapon and swing it and when you release it you will pull back out the weapon you had last.

Alias "+quickmelee" "slot3; wait; +attack;"
alias "-quickmelee" "-attack; lastinv;"
bind MOUSE4 +quickmelee

3.PUT THIS IN YOUR SPY.CFG This one makes being spy all the easier, its a spy disguise script that when you click your right mouse button you will auto disguise as a pyro,spy,or engi. No more needing to pull out your disguise menu and takeing time to do that when this does it for you.

Bind MOUSE2 "+cloakanddisguise"
Bind KP_plus "togglecloak"
Bind KP_enter "cloakfix"

// The Cloak'n'Disguise script
alias "+justcloak" "+attack2"
alias "-justcloak" "-attack2; cloakOff"
alias "+cloakanddisguise" "+attack2"
alias "-cloakanddisguise" "-attack2; newdisg; cloakOn"
alias "cloakOn" "bind mouse2 +justcloak"
alias "cloakOff" "bind mouse2 +cloakanddisguise"
alias "newdisg" "disg1"
alias "disg1" "disguise 9 -1; alias newdisg disg2"
alias "disg2" "disguise 8 -1; alias newdisg disg3"
alias "disg3" "disguise 4 -1; alias newdisg disg4"
alias "disg4" "disguise 7 -1; alias newdisg disg1"

// The Fix Script
alias "cloakfix" "bind mouse2 +cloakanddisguise"

// The Togglescript
alias "togglecloak" "toggle1"
alias "toggle1" "bind mouse2 +attack2; alias togglecloak toggle2"
alias "toggle2" "bind mouse2 +cloakanddisguise; alias togglecloak toggle1"

4.PUT THIS IN YOUR DEMOMAN.CFG This one is a demo turn script that you use with any shield and the booties, to use it you click 4 to activate it and when its activated when you charge you turn with A=left and D=right, when you click your left mouse or melee you can run normal, to deactivate it when you put back on your stickys or just dont want to use it press 4 again to turn it off

alias +charge "+attack2; bind a +left; bind d +right; -moveleft; -moveright"
alias -charge "-attack2; bind a +moveleft; bind d +moveright; -left; -right"
alias chargetoggle "usecharge"
alias usecharge "bind mouse2 +charge; echo CHARGE MODE ENABLED. ; alias chargetoggle useattack"
alias useattack "bind mouse2 +attack2; echo CHARGE MODE DISABLED. ; alias chargetoggle usecharge"
bind 4 "chargetoggle"

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Usefull TF2 scripts(Please dont flame)

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm

It's not that I disapprove of scripts...but I will say that it's a lot less impressive to get a strike in bowling if the bumpers are up ;)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Paddyjack
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Paddyjack » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:19 pm

These kind of scripts actually that bypass the menu are fine IMO. It's no different than to customize your bindings in the option menu of any game. Some will answer "yeah but there is a reason why these are NOT part of these customization". Yes actually, you are right, there is a reason: can you imagine the size of that page menu to customize key bindings if you had to put every possibilities in the game?

Scripts that does some specifics actions however are another matter. The rocket jump one is harmless because one-dimensional. I remember using it for a while back in the days, but I realized that manual ones were better to get the correct angle and so on.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Paddyjack/paddy_enguitar.jpg[/img]

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm against scripts that use the 'wait' command to time the detonation of stickies as close to the allowed arming time once it leaves the launcher (is it 0.8 seconds?)
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Pretty much what Spanish said.
Macro'd airburst stickies are the only one that really ticks me off.
I will admit, many times I've thought of writing a script to switch from minigun to sandvich, throw sandvich, then swap back.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:52 am

most of these are gimmicky as heck and won't really help you all that much, if you need a script to rocket jump then fine but someone who knows how to do it well will be able to execute them with much more reliability and precision than you ever will. Auto-burst stickies are just dumb.

here are two that I use that aren't that impressive but can make a difference:

for Medic, the idiot radar, hold down shift to temporarily make every teammate call for medic, useful if you find yourself alone:

Code: Select all

//autocall radar
alias "autocall_default" "hud_medicautocallersthreshold "66""
alias "autocall_all" "hud_medicautocallersthreshold "150""
alias "+radar" "autocall_all"
alias "-radar" "autocall_default"
bind shift "+radar"
for Engineer, the quick mini sentry, hold down shift for half a second to automatically destroy your sentry and deploy a new one:

//automatic mini sentry
alias +sentry "destroy 2 0; build 2 0; +attack"
alias -sentry "-attack; lastinv"
bind shift +sentry
I don't have any other scripts, but I do think it's worth mentioning that I have MWHEELUP bound to slot1 and MWHEELDOWN bound to slot2, which makes it a ton easier to switch between primary and secondary weapons without having to worry about overscrolling.

Pwnstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pwnstar » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:15 am

Well ive never had the need for airburst stickys, that sounds kinda dumb. And these are quite useful if you are starting out and need a quick way to do things

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 am

Just recently, I tried my hand at combat Engineer. Seeing as pulling out the build and destroy PDAs isn't very efficient... I looked up the scripting page on the wiki and stole used the Engineer quickbuild ones.

alias sentry "destroy 2; build 2"
alias dispenser "destroy 0; build 0"
alias entrance "destroy 1; build 1"
alias exit "destroy 3; build 3"
bind mouse3 sentry
bind shift dispenser
bind alt entrance
bind ralt exit
Now I only have to press a single key to destroy a building and immediately pull up its blueprints (especially handy for rebuilding minisentries)

The mousewheel button for a sentry, left shift for a dispenser, left alt for a teleporter entrance, and right alt for an exit.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 am

scripts are for the weak and feeble...which is why i guess spam demos and mini sentry users use them...OHO!!!
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:18 am

Cpt._Keyes wrote:scripts are for the weak and feeble...which is why i guess spam demos and mini sentry users use them...OHO!!!
I remember when people actually learned to play... it was great, wasn't it?
-Boss Llama

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 am

I can understand some scripts for easily selecting spy disguises or destroying/selecting engy buildings. But rocket jumping...I'd rather be bad at it than have the game do it for me.

Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Checkm8 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:36 am

I will come to admit that I use the rocket jumping script for myself. It seems stupid to stretch your hand to hit 3 keys when I can wrtie a simple script to combine them then press one key.

I also wrote a demo jump script that is very similar to the rocket jump script involving all the necessary jump keys and the detonating key. I'll let you all to be creative or find your own online for that. It makes life easier though.

Thats as deep as I go. I think the engy and spy scripts are stupid. I just use quick weapon select and my weapons or spy devices pop up immediately. No need for scripts.

But again, I am not against them. They helped me concentrate on the game instead of worrying if I missed a key or not.

bullet4o1
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullet4o1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:47 am

Checkm8 wrote:I will come to admit that I use the rocket jumping script for myself. It seems stupid to stretch your hand to hit 3 keys when I can wrtie a simple script to combine them then press one key.
That's one more reason why ESDF if far superior to WASD :)

Use A for crouch.

I have a handy engy script that uses 1-4 to build and destroy. Along with a Mini script to keep the gun spinning like TFC(or maybe it was Q3F.. can't remember).
Intel I7 860 | Intel Board | 8GB DDR3 PC1600 | MSI HD5770 Juniper XT | 32 GB SSD | 4.25 TB's and counting!!

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:18 pm

I thought 'wait' was disabled on our servers?

I guess 7 years of bunnyhopping in CS made it so crouch jumping is reflexive for me, but I can't imagine needing a script to rocket-jump. The hard part for me is still more aiming the rocket to get the jump I want, not the hitting of the keys properly.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Plinko wrote: I guess 7 years of bunnyhopping in CS made it so crouch jumping is reflexive for me, but I can't imagine needing a script to rocket-jump. The hard part for me is still more aiming the rocket to get the jump I want, not the hitting of the keys properly.
he speaks the truth. except for the cs part for me. I don't script rocket or sticky jumping because I like to have the feel of it. The same reason why some people like to drive a manual vs and automatic. It's be nice if every single jump i wanted to be the same.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica