A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: (nerd alert) deriving meaning from stats

Post by MateoTheBold! » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:08 pm

bluntspoon wrote:I dare anyone to beat my streak of 13 deaths. DARE I say, DARE.
Alizée Fan wrote:From my own stats page:

Longest Death Streak: 14 Deaths

:-D :-D :-D
One_Medic_Army wrote:16 death streak, 16 kill streak.
Death streak was higher earlier, but recently after about 10 deaths I start playing seriously.
Flaming Cheese Wheel wrote:During the HLStatsX period, my longest death streak was something like 36.

I knew Keyes wouldn't let me down in this one. I looked up at his stats and its 37. Longest Death Streak will always remain a TVB stat. Game over, gentlemen.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

I was gonna come in here to post my death streak of 18 but nevermind.

*backs out of room slowly*

somedude
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by somedude » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm

One_Medic_Army wrote:
Alizée Fan wrote:Player 13 is the exception, not only killing enemies at an incomprehensibly high rate compared to others, but also staying alive while doing it.
If player 13 is somedude that would explain a lot.
Warpath is particularly suited to giving great stat boosts to some players, due to the relative hardness of actually dying most of the time, combined with the great spam, counter-push, coordinated uber pushes that routinely happen.
Not saying that warpath is a better map, it just seems to help provide large point boosts. (check the top players, see how many of them are TV8 regulars).
I don't think 13 is me as there are CTF stats and I'm very rarely on a CTF map. Not sure what you mean about the "relative hardness of dying" on TV8, as I seem to be able to die with ease there :P

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Ok, the kill/death counts for individual classes do also time out. As of last night (when I played for about 10-20min or so) my medic and soldier K:D each dropped by about half when the clock hit 10. The only explanation is that a very good day was just removed from the stats.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:28 pm

While the KDR stat, with it's little colored bars, does change around to reflect recent play, the actual numbers of kills don't alter.

For example, my "rank" (the military one like you've got linked in your sig), doesn't receed. The number of kills listed there is identical to the kills stat on my page. That number also matches what you get if you add up all of my individual weapon kills. If you pull up the class page, the number of kills I have listed as Pyro matches the number of kills on my stats page from Pyro weapons.

Nothing in the charts was based on the KD:R stat which is, as most of us agree, useless. All the math was based on numbers that don't (or at least haven't yet) stopped accumulating.
-Boss Llama

One_Medic_Army
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by One_Medic_Army » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:While the KDR stat, with it's little colored bars, does change around to reflect recent play, the actual numbers of kills don't alter.

For example, my "rank" (the military one like you've got linked in your sig), doesn't receed. The number of kills listed there is identical to the kills stat on my page. That number also matches what you get if you add up all of my individual weapon kills. If you pull up the class page, the number of kills I have listed as Pyro matches the number of kills on my stats page from Pyro weapons.

Nothing in the charts was based on the KD:R stat which is, as most of us agree, useless. All the math was based on numbers that don't (or at least haven't yet) stopped accumulating.
The ranking never changed in the old stats either.

I was just pointing out that contrary to some reports, various things on these new stats do have a shelf life.
ImageImage
VIEW CONTENT:

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Let's be honest, the juxtaposition of the fortuitous nature of happenstance sneak thievery with that of premeditated blunt force trauma is fraught with endless theory and rhetoric.

Look, I throw jars of pee on people ok. Not so much lately but my fluid intake has been meager at best as of late and there are so many jars! Regardless, I throw a lot of jars of pee on people. Not because it's one of the most useful and underrated weapons in this game, but rather more in the vein of, there's not much else I do but spam arrows and hope for some poor schmuck to anticipate a skill filled battle around the corner only to prance with proud confidence into my poop chuter's randomly propelled projectile of wooden pain. At least I'm not using a lucksrifle!

I'm busting out the Sam Adams and Mason jars. You people need more pee on you. Look to the skies for it is me raining down the golden truth of guaranteed mini soaked pains upon thee!
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I tell you KRG - your last post there would fit in the "Spam Email" topic as well, lol :-P Random word strings for the win!
-Boss Llama

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Oh yeah? Well, your post would fit in the other thread about. . .stuff. . .so uuh!! Oooh faced! Scratch moded! And you can take that to the bank Mr!

Just wait 'till the end of the month cause I'm salary and it may not clear. :|
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:04 pm

One_Medic_Army wrote:I was just pointing out that contrary to some reports, various things on these new stats do have a shelf life.
The only stats that I see that are marked with a * (which implies they are tallied from the last two weeks) is Kills and Headshots. I assume those are used to calculate the Current K:D ratio. The new stats keep track of 4 different K:D and Headshot ratios, Total, Current, Min, and Max. Pretty sure the last two weeks only effect the Current stat.

Everything else however, seems to be persistent forever.

BisonJerk
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BisonJerk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm

There's something weird with the way the Favorite Weapon stat is implemented. Maybe it only refreshes once a day, but there was definitely a time when I had substantially more kills with my Loch-n-Load and it still said my Sticky Launcher was my favorite weapon.

So, it's possible this is another 2 week stat. Or it's possible that it has strange refresh rules. Or that it is based on some stat other than kills.

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:54 pm

they should track every time u kill a demo w/targe :D
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 am

The events are either not fully persistent or it's just that they don't seem to track consistently. I have more assists in the total summary by several hundred more than I have in the individual events tracking, for example.
On the other hand, I've noticed it does not consistently record certain events at all, so it's always going to be hard to line them up or depend on them.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Soltan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Soltan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:31 am

MateoTheBold! wrote:
bluntspoon wrote:I dare anyone to beat my streak of 13 deaths. DARE I say, DARE.

Death streak was higher earlier, but recently after about 10 deaths I start playing seriously.
Flaming Cheese Wheel wrote:During the HLStatsX period, my longest death streak was something like 36.

I knew Keyes wouldn't let me down in this one. I looked up at his stats and its 37. Longest Death Streak will always remain a TVB stat. Game over, gentlemen.
Sorry to disappoint you but I also have a 37 death streak so TVB and eVa are tied!!

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:38 am

Soltan wrote:
MateoTheBold! wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I also have a 37 death streak so TVB and eVa are tied!!
What if I said I have a 38 death streak and I have no guild?
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99