Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

The absolute worst loadouts one can choose for each class

Post by Jesus_Faction » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 pm

I'll start.

Soldier: Rocket Jumper, Concheror, pain train (if on defense)

Demo: Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Targe, pain train (if on defense)

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The absolute worst loadouts one can choose for each clas

Post by M's » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Scout*: Fan O War, Crit a cola, Short stop
Soldier: Black box/Liberty launcher, conchero, Disciplanary action
Demo*: Loch-N-Load, Targe, Ulapool caber.
Engie***: Gun slinger!

* Except for seeding
*** WHY!

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:10 pm

heavy: brass beast/daiklokas/eviction notice

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Scout: Force-A-Nature, Crit-a-Cola, Fan O'War

Soldier: Rocket Jumper, Gunboats, any Melee

Pyro: Flamethrower, Detonator, Sharpened Volcano Fragment

Demoman: Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Chargin' Targe, Ullapool Caber

Heavy: Brass Beast, Dalokohs Bar, Gloves of Running Urgently

Sniper: Huntsman, Razorback, Kukri
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:27 pm

Super Steveio wrote: Demoman: Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Chargin' Targe, Ullapool Caber
My derp demo shall be seeing you soon.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Scout:
- Shortstop, it has lower hit chance, less ammo, and draws ammo from your secondary weapon so you run dry fast.
- Crit-a-cola does something you can now do with the soda popper (easy mini-crits) while simultaneously making a low health class take increased damage
- Sun on a Stick - less damage than even the bat, and only function is to replicate an axtinguisher, which is way more powerful, and is carried by the guy who lit your enemy on fire in the first place.

Soldier:
- Liberty Launcher (I don't count Rocket Jumper as a weapon), as you sacrifice a rocket for a minimal benefit. Most of the time, you're better off having an extra projectile than having a slightly faster one.
- Gun Boats are ridiculous for use in game, as you still take fall damage, and it only protects you from yourself. Better to have a shotgun, or a team buff item.
- Market Gardener - at last they made a weapon worse than the shovel. Does same damage, but cannot crit except under ridiculous circumstances.

Pyro:
- Flamethrower, because it gives you no benefits, and has been nerfed in to the ground. The slightly higher afterburn than the Degreaser is pointless, as nobody burns anymore.
- Flare Gun, because it has low ammo capacity, you have to be a crack shot to hit targets at range, and you can be deflected. No jumps, no around corner hits, less first shot knockdown, and decreased effectiveness against other Pyros, which the shotgun is great for.
- Sharpened Volcano Fragment serves utterly no purpose, other than looking cool. It does less damage than a stock axe, and serves to light people on fire, which can be done faster with any primary. Lighting people on fire only serves a purpose as Pyro if you have an axtinguisher to hit them with, which you don't if you carry this.

Demo:
- Ali Baba's Wee Booties. For goodness sake, you're a DEMO man. Use explosives.
- Chargin Targe does less damage, requires range, and again... lacks explosives. Anybody using a shield in place of stickies as a demo isn't working for their team's benefit.
- Ullapool Caber. Massive self damage to accompany potentially killing an enemy. You can kill enemies with normal melees and not die.

Heavy:
- Tomislav. The benefit (quick silent spin-up) is useless once you're in combat and shooting, then you're just outgunned. Does less damage, with no benefits.
- Buffalo Steak Sandvich restricts the HWG to melee only. Enough said.
- Stock Fists. No Heavy melee is bad, but these are the least beneficial

Engineer:
The Engineer is very loadout specific - certain things go with certain other things, and shouldn't be used otherwise. Also, there aren't many options. Based on my preferred style...
- Frontier Justice gives 3 shots instead of 6. I want my primary weapon to have high capacity. Also, no random crits.
- Wrangler. Though unbalancingly powerful on some maps, it makes Engies and their guns super vulnerable to well coordinated attacks, as well as spies.
- Gunslinger. There are some great offensive engies with mini-senties. Most of the time, though, it's an idiot playing defense and costing your team the match.

Medic:
- Stock Syringe Gun. Everything else is an upgrade.
- Quick Fix just doesn't allow a solitary medic to do his job. It only works in conjunction with another medic, using a different medigun.
- Bone Saw. Everything else is an upgrade.

Sniper:
- Sydney Sleeper. A sniper who can't crit-headshot is not credit to team.
- Darwin's Danger Shield. This item is pointless against a Sniper's biggest threats, spies and other snipers, both of whom will instantly kill you.
- Stock Kukri. It's simply outclassed by the other melee weapons.

Spy:
- Ambassador sacrifices everything for a single high power shot. If you want to snipe, play sniper. If you're behind enemy lines facing a solitary engy, stab him for goodness sake.
- Eternal Reward takes away your ability to disguise, which makes you useless against SG's. Half a spy's purpose is breaking up engy nests, so this more than any other item is absurd for a spy to use.
- Stock watch isn't actually bad, it's just less good than the others for most applications. C&D does better deep recon, and DR does better close quarters.
Last edited by Boss Llama on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Boss Llama

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:15 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Demo*: Loch-N-Load, Targe, Ulapool caber.
I disagree with this one, the targe combined with Expert's Ordinance grants 55% fire resistance which helps when the other team is loaded with pyros. Targe + Caber is win very frequently due to it's ability to cause absurd critical damage at the user's lesiure (one bash, combined with a critical caber swing can deal over 450 damage, one-shotting overhealed heavies). This is an excellent Payload defensive setup, as the Loch-n-Load excells at taking out groups, as people tend to cluster up on the cart, and critical Caber swings can decimate entire pushes. I myself have single-handedly stopped an offensive push on Badwater with a 3-kill loch-n-load shot, followed up by a charge/caber swing which killed 5 people pushing the cart, including myself.
<eVa>mlite wrote:Engie***: Gun slinger!
Play a round of Freight, Turbine, or Coldfront with me and my engineer and i'll be able to convince you just how incorrect you are here. While Gunslinger doesn't help a whole lot on defense, it's amazing for offensive engineers and is extremely helpful on maps with middle grounds (5-CP, CTF, King of the Hill, Payload Race, Arena). The concept is that by deploying a mini-sentry in a very short time, the Engineer can then pull his shotgun or pistol and flank an enemy without help. Mini-sentries provide great split-second covering fire when attacking points too. The enemy must decide: attack the sentry, which poses a threat to other teammates if left alone, or attack the engineer who is dealing 45 damage per shot with each shotgun blast. Most choose the sentry, which allows the engineer to shotgun the hell out of many an assailant. Pistol + Mini-sentry together make for a great DPS combo, and the mini-sentry's low cost and quick deploy means it's extremely disposable and replaceable. It's not a defense weapon, but it can turn an engineer into one mean attacker.

Back on topic, some real bad loadouts

Scout: Soda Popper/Crit-a-Cola/Fan o' War. There's no reason to carry two items that allow you to perform mini-crits, let alone three. Soda Popper + Crit-a-Cola sort of defeats the purpose anyway, especially on marked-for-death targets.

Soldier: Rocket Jumper/any non-shotgun/any melee (Pain Train or Disciplinary Action make the worst choice). in almost any situation makes for a bad loadout option in serious play. Especially if you're not using a shotgun on secondary. The Rocket Jumper was also fixed so that you can't survive Equalizer taunts anymore.

Demo: Sticky Jumper/Ali Baba's Boots/any melee (Pain Train again). This falls under the Rocket Jumper juristiction as well, especially if you somehow think it's a good idea to use Ali Baba's Boots too. The Sticky Jumper no longer protects you from Ullapool Caber self damage either.

Engineer: Frontier Justice/Wrangler/Gunslinger. My beef with this build is that wranged mini-sentries aren't useful, and you're also losing most of your shotgun's firepower.

Sniper: Huntsman/Razorback/any melee. Part of the Huntsman's advantage is that you can more easily see what's going on around you and if you are even the least bit aware, you should be able to see or at least notice spies more easily than if you were scoped in with a rifle. Why trade your SMG or Jarate for something you don't really need?
(In general, I frown upon the razorback, simply because it seems like a cowardly or unintentive Sniper's tool, if you pay attention, you don't need it)

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Flaming Cheese Wheel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flaming Cheese Wheel » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Regarding the Pyro: Worst is quite relative in this case, as our primary weapon's main attribute can be neutralized by an increasingly-long list of items.

I do endorse the Volcano Fragment for annoying people in melee-only, but yeah, there are better things to use.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:23 pm

I'm pretty sure this topic was made to make people really angry, and test their patience.

Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flobee » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:27 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Demo*: Loch-N-Load, Targe, Ulapool caber.
lol this is my loadout for demo all the time
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm probably going to use logic on a lot of stuff in this thread.
Alizée Fan wrote:Pyro, it's going to be stock Flamethrower, Flare Gun, and Sharpened Volcano Fragment
While I do mostly agree with your logic, this loadout is probably one of the best for someone activly pursuing the Pyromancer achievement, as every successful attack from this set sets targets on fire. However, "nobody burns anymore" cannot be farther from the truth, I burn, and I have killed many pyros with my melee weapons who have attempted to degrease/axetinguish me. Every time I see that happen, I tell them that straight up burning me would kill me faster in the first place. Keep in mind, the flamethrower at point blank does 139 damage/sec at it's best, continue burning and you won't need to pull out your axe. I prefer the flare gun for reasons beyond what you state, and while I agree that the shotgun is usually a better choice, the flare gun can make you a threat to snipers and other distant classes if your aim is good. Snipers have a much harder time shooting people in the face when they're on fire. As for the Volcano Fragment, yes it's a bit of a novelty, but in truth it's not much different than a weapon with bleeding attached. Just, instead of bleeding, it's fire.
Alizée Fan wrote:Spy, it's Ambassador, Eternal Reward, and stock Invisibility Watch.
The Ambassador isn't for sniping, it's for finishing wounded targets. Think of it as a ranged backstab, but without the insta-kill. If you see someone sitting back and they're hurt, pop one in their face and end their suffering. Granted, the weapon takes good aim, but this is it's main focus I feel. Eternal Reward, while yes it does make it tougher to get to sentry nests, it's silent kill means that a skillful spy can more easily infiltrate and reach the sentry nest, just not as fast as one running a different knife. As for stock watch, while Cloak and Dagger has better staying power, I prefer stock watch myself as you can cover far more ground with it than any other watch. You get 9 seconds to get to where your going with the stock watch, + more time if you scoop up ammo on the way. With C&D, you get 6 seconds, then you have to wait for 20 seconds, to get another 6 seconds of distance. While you wait, the enemy may have moved on.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:29 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:I'm pretty sure this topic was made to make people really angry, and test their patience.
Yeah, me. I can find a way to make anything work if you give me enough time.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:31 pm

I agree with bronze statement, but lets get back to the topic.

scout: Shortstop, pistol, fan o war. I reason for this is the fact you lose ammo for both since they share a ammo pool.

Soldier: Rocket jumper, gunboats, any melee. Do I have the say a thing about this.

Pyro: I dont know any bad set ups.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Sniper: regular rifle/razorback/ andy mellee. You are either useless to your team or a jerk to the enemy team or both. Get a real weapon and come and join us playing tf2.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Spy:
- Eternal Reward takes away your ability to disguise, which makes you useless against SG's. Half a spy's purpose is breaking up engy nests, so this more than any other item is absurd for a spy to use.
- Stock watch isn't actually bad, it's just less good than the others for most applications. C&D does better deep recon, and DR does better close quarters.
I'm going to argue with you here. The Eternal Reward used correctly actually makes it much easier to break down sentry nests. Just because the sentry initially detects you as you decloak (Assuming you didn't already stab someone beforehand making it even easier) doesn't mean you can't stab the engineer before the guns turn around and kill you. This even allows you to stab multiple engineers before having to sap the guns and be afraid of getting shot.

IMHO the Stock watch would be the BEST option, considering how the others force you to play. The DR is just plain horrendous unless you have the reduced decloak sound set because any decent player will hear you decloak and come and find you.
The C&D causes many spy players to rely on cloak way too much, causing them to sit somewhere waiting for it to recharge when they could be out killing things. The stock watch allows you to refill a decent amount of cloak with ammo pick ups and can therefore be used to get you deeper into the base provided you know how to navigate. It stops you from sitting there doing nothing.

The worst spy loadout I can think of would be:
Ambassador
DR
and the knife that gives cloak on stab

Also, crimson before you start ranting about snipers not being a credit to the team, you should meet agro.