Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: king of the hill server

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:48 pm

somedude wrote:TV has TF2 servers besides TV8? Why? :P
To get away from you and your endless reflects.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:28 am

Stevo wrote:TV3 is the only one registered, but all our other public stock map servers qualify. We didn't register the others due to fast respawns, so they are low priority in the system.
So basically you need to be vanilla or else the auto-connect feature doesn't work?

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:02 am

Guardian wrote:
Stevo wrote:TV3 is the only one registered, but all our other public stock map servers qualify. We didn't register the others due to fast respawns, so they are low priority in the system.
So basically you need to be vanilla or else the auto-connect feature doesn't work?
basically yes but there are ways around it since the thing checks server tags and there are some plugins that don't attach server tags to the server, AFAIK.

at least new players get to play TF2 on stock servers, rather than fast or insta-spawn crapholes.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:16 am

[TOAD] Fano wrote:at least new players get to play TF2 on stock servers, fast or insta-spawn crapholes.
Generally people add something like a "present company excluded" to the end of such generalizations :tired:
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 am

[TOAD] Fano wrote:
Guardian wrote:
basically yes but there are ways around it since the thing checks server tags and there are some plugins that don't attach server tags to the server, AFAIK.

at least new players get to play TF2 on stock servers, rather than fast or insta-spawn crapholes.
:tired:
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:29 am

TheCarpe wrote:
[TOAD] Fano wrote:at least new players get to play TF2 on stock servers, fast or insta-spawn crapholes.
Generally people add something like a "present company excluded" to the end of such generalizations :tired:
Fano has never been one to be polite about the free service The Ville provides him.
-Boss Llama

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I haven't exactly been enjoying the time I spend on the fast spawn theville servers lately precisely due to the fast respawn plugin, I guess my statement was a bit harsh and for that I apologize, but my point stands.

I have however been having a GREAT time playing some KOTH on TV3 with stock settings, and for that I thank you all.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:30 pm

not sure if it was noted in this thread or not but the IP of the server is now able to be entered as tv3.theville.org without a numerical IP or a port extension added on.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Crusty Juggler
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Crusty Juggler » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:39 pm

I noticed the 18 man KOTH server a few days ago, I'll have to check it out tonight.
Gizanked wrote:not sure if it was noted in this thread or not but the IP of the server is now able to be entered as tv3.theville.org without a numerical IP or a port extension added on.
Neat.
  • The Ville Cup 2012 Champions - [SNES] Superflous Nipples Equals Success - Captain
    Dustbowl<3Warpath Champions- Team CDi- Captain

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 am

Well right now, I'm just glad there's a vanilla server in the ville again... even if it's king of the hill (which is good in small does but can get old).

Maybe you'll consider adding another since the auto-connect feature will ensue a steady stream of pubbers.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:17 am

Guardian wrote:Well right now, I'm just glad there's a vanilla server in the ville again... even if it's king of the hill (which is good in small does but can get old).

Maybe you'll consider adding another since the auto-connect feature will ensue a steady stream of pubbers.

Seems like the server are normally already at capacity most of the time, if there was to be such a server added for "steady stream of pubbers" I would venture to bet the larger portion of them being, omg you cant cuss in an M rated game, running around with melee weapons, and building teleporters that face walls. No thanks.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:18 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:
Guardian wrote:Well right now, I'm just glad there's a vanilla server in the ville again... even if it's king of the hill (which is good in small does but can get old).

Seems like the server are normally already at capacity most of the time, if there was to be such a server added for "steady stream of pubbers" I would venture to bet the larger portion of them being, omg you cant cuss in an M rated game, running around with melee weapons, and building teleporters that face walls. No thanks.
happened already :cry: