UncannyGarlic
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Re: Villun Creativity: New Weapon Ideas

Post by UncannyGarlic » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Engineer
Tesla Coil (Completely different from the earlier idea)
Level 1
Damage: Same as level 1 Sentry Gun
Damage per shot: 16
Shots per second: 4 (8 with Wrangler)
Average DPS: 64 (128 with Wrangler)
Range: 100% Flamethrower
All enemies in range are hit.

Level 2
Damage: Between a level 1 and level 2 Sentry Gun
Shots per second: 6 (12 with Wrangler)
Average DPS: 96 (192 with Wrangler)
Range: 150% Flamethrower

Level 3
Damage: Same as level 2 Sentry Gun
Shots per second: 8 (16 with Wrangler)
Average DPS: 128 (256 with Wrangler)
Range: 200% Flamethrower

I'm not sure about the ranges, it might start too low or scale too slow. I'm also not sure what the wrench replacement would be...

Pyro
Tesla Gun
Arcs to nearest enemy within Flamethrower range of target, can chain up to 4 times.
No Burn Damage

I'm not sure about the number of arcs (could be limitless) along with the damage. It could do reduced damage to structures and increased damage to players. Damage could degrade with each arc or be equal to last arc which would mean a long range arc would do long range damage down the rest of the chain.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:17 pm

The Fortress Buster
Level xx Grenade Launcher
Grenades split into three bombs upon detonation
-The bombs split into 3 smaller charges, similar to the dynamite pack from the beta 2 trailer.
-They split upon striking a solid surface, player, building, or upon staying airborne for 3 seconds.
-Split bombs bounce like regular grenade launcher bombs and detonate 3 seconds after spliting.
-This mechanic prevents direct hits with grenades, but allows for easy carpet bombing of congested areas.
-50% Reload speed
-To offset the three-bombs-at-once shot, the launcher would impose a longer reload than the stock/LnL.
-20% Damage
-Again with the three-in-one, since you can carpet an area with bombs, some damage gets reduced as a result.
-This also gives Engineer nests a better chance; the triple bomb without a damage penalty would be extremely unballanced.
-50% clip size
-Once again, as each projectile is a pack of three, you'll be getting fewer to work with.

I may come back to this, it's very inconvienent to make long posts using my 3DS' web browser.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:41 am

Four more Pyro weapons.

The Sinister Scythe
Level 1 Scythe
On hit: Bleed for 5 seconds
On kill: Target is decapitated

-25 health on wearer
You are worth two heads to the Eyelander

Concept: A Halloween weapon. Using the stats I so carelessly thought up for a Polycount Pack scythe... I give you this. The Pyro is should be the master of Damage-per-Second, so why not give him the stronger DPS as well? The decapitation on kill effect is just a cosmetic effect. Wielding this scythe brings the Pyro closer to Death (probably literally), as it reduces his max HP by 25 (bringing him down to 150, aka normal Medic health). The other penalty only comes into play while fighting Demoknights, as dying to an Eyelander/Headtaker/Nine Iron means the Demoman gets two heads for the price of one.

And three firework-themed items:

The Festive Firecracker
Level 10 Flare Gun
Projectile detonates on contact with enemies
Projectile does not crit or mini-crit burning targets

Concept: Something similar to the Detonator, yet it functions differently. The flare explodes when it hits an enemy instead of you manually detonating or it hitting the world. This explosion should be around the same as the Rocket Launcher's radius, except it deals normal flare damage and sets people on fire. The penalty is that your flares don't auto-crit on already-burning enemies, making this weapon ideal for causing chaos amongst closely-grouped enemies at medium-to-long range, but not for killing.

The Roamin' Candle
Level 5 Flame Thrower
Firing this weapon causes strong knockback on the shooter
-50% max primary ammo on wearer

Concept: I know I saw the name somewhere else, but I liked it so much that I'm going to use it. This weapon is for giving the Pyro increased mobility. If you try to W+M1 with this weapon, you'll be finding yourself getting nowhere fast, as this weapon has knockback on the shooter. However, if you turn around and S+M1, you'll get a speed boost. Ideal for Pyros who want to get to the fray faster. In exchange, you only have 100 ammo to use. That means only 5 air blasts max and you can't just putt around with your speed boost or you'll run out of ammo to actually kill people with. The knockback doesn't work so well vertically, however. What with gravity and all. You can make longer jumps by firing downward, but you can't fly.

The Startling Sparkler
Level 1 Firework
On hit: Target is engulfed in flames
+50% firing speed
+35% burn damage bonus

-90% damage done

Concept: A dumb weapon. It's a dinky little sparkler that's giving off sparks. Thus, it does ridiculously low damage. But since it's so light, you can swing faster. It also sets people on fire, and that fire does 4 damage per tic instead of 3. Depending on how burn damage bonuses/penalties work, this may also affect the Flare Guns and Flame Throwers. I've heard the Degreaser also reduces the fire damage of the Flare Guns and Volcano Fragment, but I'm not sure if this is true or not. If it is, it might be a good weapon to carry, if you want to rely on fire DPS.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:01 pm

The Vampiri-Saw
level xx bonesaw
On hit: Steals up to 40% of target's Übercarge, rage, or hype; and converts it to Übercharge
-Providing a stronger return than the Übersaw, this would only require three swings for 100% under ideal conditions.
-This effect would only work against medics, banner-wielding soldiers, or soda-popper scouts. The effect would not apply if the target is in the process of using it.
-The effect would also return 0% against all other targets.
-Should a target have less than 40% Über, rage, or hype, all of it will be taken and you will be given an aproximate amount of what you sapped (for example, soldier has only 35% rage built; you swing and recieve exactly 35% charge, and he is left with 0 rage).
-This could potentially be disasterous to other medics, as losing 40% of your charge instantly can really set you back if you get away. Against soldiers and scouts, not as much as the team doesn't rely quite as much on banners and hype.
-Should any other weapon be added down the road that requires charging before use, this weapon will also apply to it. This does not include cooldown timers like sandviches, jars, chargin' shields, or cloak, nor does it apply to ammo gauges such as those of the Cow Mangler.
-10% damage dealt
-A boring tradeoff, but there has to be something. There's already two weapons that have absolutely no downsides when compared to the stock saw.
-A bit less damage though can mean more hits for better returns.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

bz
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bz » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:54 am

Engineer:

Dispenser (modification)

Once upgraded to level 2 & 3, the dispenser allows the Engineer who built it to modify their loadout when within support range. Swapping melee weapons will not result in the destruction of sentry/dispenser/teleports, however once a change has been made the dispenser will be downgraded one level, and will need to be re-upgraded before another swap can be made (to prevent spamming between gunslinger and wrench.)

-Would allow for a more situational use of the Widowmaker and Short Circuit, which in their current state, are all but useless compared to their alternatives.
fear no darkness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 am

bz wrote:Engineer:

Dispenser (modification)

Once upgraded to level 2 & 3, the dispenser allows the Engineer who built it to modify their loadout when within support range. Swapping melee weapons will not result in the destruction of sentry/dispenser/teleports, however once a change has been made the dispenser will be downgraded one level, and will need to be re-upgraded before another swap can be made (to prevent spamming between gunslinger and wrench.)

-Would allow for a more situational use of the Widowmaker and Short Circuit, which in their current state, are all but useless compared to their alternatives.
Whatever would implement this, for balance purposes you'd at least have to destroy the sentry, otherwise you'd be able to have the upgraded level 3 mini bug again, and the Jag's build advantage would be an unfair boost.

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:06 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:The Fortress Buster
Level xx Grenade Launcher
Grenades split into three bombs upon detonation
-The bombs split into 3 smaller charges, similar to the dynamite pack from the beta 2 trailer.
-They split upon striking a solid surface, player, building, or upon staying airborne for 3 seconds.
-Split bombs bounce like regular grenade launcher bombs and detonate 3 seconds after spliting.
-This mechanic prevents direct hits with grenades, but allows for easy carpet bombing of congested areas.
-50% Reload speed
-To offset the three-bombs-at-once shot, the launcher would impose a longer reload than the stock/LnL.
-20% Damage
-Again with the three-in-one, since you can carpet an area with bombs, some damage gets reduced as a result.
-This also gives Engineer nests a better chance; the triple bomb without a damage penalty would be extremely unballanced.
-50% clip size
-Once again, as each projectile is a pack of three, you'll be getting fewer to work with.

I may come back to this, it's very inconvienent to make long posts using my 3DS' web browser.
Original quake teamfortress had a grenade like this. It was a large grenade that would blow up into maybe 5 regular sized pipes. They also had a nail grenade, this was flying saucer that would hover off the ground and spin nail projectiles out everywhere, then also blow up. The nail gun was a the scout weapon.

Best was a concussion grenade, a scout weapon. Similar to the effect of being jarated, anyone in the blast area had their display skewed like they were super drunk. Concussion grenade jumps (like sticky jumps) were the most powerful blast jump but very hard to control because of the visual drunk effect.
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 pm

The Leeching Current
Level xx Medigun
-First, this medigun can target both friend and foe, with varying effects
When Fixed on Ally:
Standard Healing Rate
Overheal does not decay
-After the medic unlatches from the target, the overheal doesn't decay on it's own.
-If the paitent recieves any form of overheal after this occurance (Powerjack, Eyelander +4 heads, Dalokohs/Fishcake, Kunai, other medics), the overheal will decay at it's normal rate.
-If the target is already overhealed and then healed by this medigun, the overheal will decay to the half point, as mentioned in the upcoming drawback.
-50% Overheal Capacity
-To offset the other benefits granted by this Medigun concept, it will not be as effective as the standard medigun when overheals are concerned.
-An example, heavy's normally recieve 150 in overheal, with a max HP of 450. This medigun would only give the heavy 75 health, for a max of 375.
When Fixed on Enemy:
Drains target's health at half the standard healing rate
-It will constantly damage the target and heal you in the process, much like the heal gun from Monday Night Combat.
-Disguised enemy spies will recieve healing until they remove their disguise. Friendly spies disguised as the enemy will recieve healing in all instances. Cloaked spies cannot be targeted
-This effect cannot target buildings, nor can it critical under any circumstances, including crit boost and humiliation.
Ubercharge drains while stealing health
-To discourage repeated use, using the attack function of the medigun will deplete your ubercharge at the same rate it normally builds
-The attack still functions at 0% charge
Ubercharge: Healing Node
Ubercharge target becomes a beacon of health, healing nearby teamates at a standard healing rate
-Sort of a hybrid between the Quick Fix and the Amputator, with the ubercharge focusing on keeping the team alive more than pushing.
-The range would be about 2/3 of the Amputator, requiring teamates who want the healing to stay pretty close.
-This can be useful when large groups are pushing, as it makes it easier to keep several people up.
-The Healing aura does not overheal or affect Equalizer wielding Soldiers and is reduced against backscratcher pyros
-The effect requires a target. If you use the charge without a target, your charge will drain with no effect. You do not recieve any benefits other than being affected by the aura itself when latched on to a target.
-In terms of healing, the Quick Fix uber still heals more at once, and the Amputator can catch more at once (and is more readily avalible)

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Just a small Idea i had for a flare gun.

+40% Damage.

+50% Projectile Weight

Basically. The flare does more damage, but it droops damn far.
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:17 am

I feel like every time I come back to this thread, it's been inactive for weeks or something. Whatever, a couple more ideas I had after playing some Super MNC.

The Bee-Cave Painter (Engineer secondary)
Level xx Laser Pointer
Fires an infrared beam that designates the target of your Sentry for four seconds
-Based off a new feature in Super MNC, this would be an alternative to the Wrangler, allowing you to pick a specific target for your sentry without taking full control.
-The beam itself would be a hitscan shot that deals no damage. Targets would be aware of being hit by the painter by an icon similar to that of being Marked for Death.
-Alternate fire while the Painter is active would cancel the targeting.
-When the painted target is in range of the Sentry with line-of-sight, the Sentry will single out that target until the victim breaks LoS, goes out of range, dies, or the effect wears off.
-If the painted target is not attackable, the Sentry will continue normal functions.
-The beam would require a 6-second cooldown between firing. Cancelling the targeting would not finish the cooldown, nor would a resupply cabinet, though your cooldown is finished if your Sentry kills or assists in killing the painted target.
-Works with all Sentries.
Sentry takes 10% less damage from bullet sources
-As a Wrangler alternative, some defense needs to be in place, as I can't think of too many other reasons to use it besides the 66% damage resistance barrier
-This effect would be passive, and the Painter does not need to be active to gain this benefit.
-This will give you a bit more leeway during Uber Heavy pushes, but wouldn't help from Pyros or Explosives.
-Sappers are also unaffected.

The Defender Projector (Engineer Primary)
Level xx Radio-Shotgun Mashup
-50% Magazine Size
-Same debuff as the Frontier Justice, this shotgun won't be meant for direct or prolonged combat.
Builds "Rage" by dealing damage with Sentry Guns
Alternate-Fire Fuction: When Rage is built, creates a defensive barrier around your active Dispenser. The barrier shields the Dispenser and Teamates within a moderate radius (with line-of-sight), protecting them from damage for 10 seconds or until the Dispenser falls.
-The idea here stems from the fact that Dispensers make great rally points. This will allow the Engineer to enhance his Dispenser's functionality by increasing the defense of the itself and his nearby teamates, similar to the Batallion's Backup.
-Sentry damage builds the rage; the more enemies are shot by your guns, the faster your rage builds. Any sentry works; about 400 damage will be required to activate.
-Rage will be cleared upon visiting a resupply cabinet, this prevents people from playing other shotguns then switching later on when things get heated. Unless they add a way to discern the shotguns, this is the only way.
-The Dispener's shield aura will be about 2/3 the size of the Buff Banner's radius, and will be noted with a large, Wrangler-like bubble surrounding the dispenser.
-Teamates within the shield recieve 20-30-40% less damage (based on the Dispenser's level, higher level equals more protection, in addition to the Dispenser's healing), and the dispenser will take 66% less damage no matter it's level.
-When trigger, the effect persists until the 10 seconds pass or the Dispenser falls. Death of the Engineer will not disable the shield.
-The Shield would deactivate should the dispenser become sapped. The damage resistance remains however, and the shield would reactivate upon becoming unsapped so long as the effect would still be going.
-Hauling the building while the effect is active would also suppress it until the dispenser is back up and running.
-The shield will not protect other Engineer structures, including your own. It only protects the Dispenser it originates from and any nearby teamates. Disguised spies can still use it to heal/recover, but will not recieve the benefit of the defense boost.

Deslock
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Deslock » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Something I brought up once back before a major Spy update:

The Uber-Sapper

When attached to a Medic with an ACTIVE Uber or Kritz, stops the Uber or Kritz IMMEDIATELY
and also does the following:

- Medic is frozen in place with a kind of short-circuit effect on him.

- A 5 second countdown starts until the Medic EXPLODES, with the explosion strength based on %
of Uber or Kritz remaining. Each 10% equal to one pipebomb (same radius), with percentages rounded UP.

- The Uber-Sapper can only be applied by the Spy while decloaked, and can only be applied by a successful
backstab-like attack. If the backstab-like attack is missed, the Uber-Sapper does not attach, a noise is
made, and the Spy cannot cloak for 5 seconds.

- The Uber-Sapper can be removed by striking with a melee weapon, but any miss will hit the Medic for
DAMAGE.

- The Spy only gets ONE Uber-Sapper per life.
Dog isn't Evil, he's Canadian. There's a difference. :lol:
CV 6 USS Enterprise 12 May 1938 - 17 February 1947
CVN 65 USS Enterprise 25 November 1961 - 1 December 2012
CVN 80 USS Enterprise 2025

Kagsacar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Kagsacar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Here is an idea i had for a pyro weapon

Thermite Launcher
Level 42 flamethrower
Fires a stream similar to a water hose of super hot thermite, and the air blast is replaced with a shotgun spray of thermite
+100% damage
+25% ammo consumption
+25% range
air blast does not push people/projectiles back, projectiles/sticky bombs detonate when airblasted. Players are ignited.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:49 am

Because the Enforcer isn't ridiculous enough: Some Spy weapons I made up in like 5 seconds and are horribly unbalanced. Click the names for the Workshop/Polycount entries I based these on.

The Double Agent
Level 5 Pistol
On kill: Rapidly disguise as your victim
-60% clip size

Concept: A 2-bullet "revolver" that isn't any stronger or weaker, but if you can manage to kill someone with it, you disguise as them, much like Your Eternal Reward does. I figure Spies who like hanging behind the enemy and picking off those heading for health would use this, but it wouldn't be very useful for more aggressive Spies.

The Petite Morte Fleur
Level 10 Knife
On backstab: +25 health
0.5 sec increase in time taken to uncloak

Concept: Backstab a guy, get health. But take longer to decloak. Unlike the Enforcer's dumb "time taken to cloak" thing that doesn't affect the Dead Ringer, this one does. But hey, it encourages being more active and it allows longer chainstabs and stuff, I guess.

The Provocateur's Pocketwatch
Level 10 Invis Watch
Cloak Type: Instant

Concept: Okay, I pretty much stole this idea from the Advanced Weaponiser thing, but basically, it's like a Dead Ringer you can cloak with whenever, so long as you have 100% charge. Oh, and no damage reduction, that's ridiculous as well. And I guess there would be a loud cloak and uncloak sound, too.

The Counter-Intelligence Credentials
Level 1 PDA

Concept: Pretty much a cosmetic item. Replaces the Cigarette Case Disguise Kit with a Passport Disguise Kit.

If any of the comments on the models give similar stats to mine, it's a coincidence because I don't read what anyone says about the items beyond the first page.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Oh god someone stop me. Engineer items that may be a little better than the overpowered crap I posted months ago.

The Sod-Off
Level 5 Shotgun
Gain one guaranteed crit for every sapper removed
No random critical hits
-20% bullets per shot

Concept: A shotgun that gets crits from you removing sappers. Doesn't matter if it's your building or an allied building. In exchange, you give up some damage-dealing capabilities normally, as the gun only shoots 8 pellets instead of 10. That means a lower output of damage and a need to aim more. A close-range crit can do 144 damage, not quite enough to kill a Medic, but I think most Engineers would get around 2 or 3 crits if a Spy decides to sap their nest and they happen to be around to unsap.

The Stampede
Level 5 Pistol
On Hit: One target at a time is targeted by your Sentry Gun and takes Mini-Crits from it
-50% clip size
-20% damage penalty

Concept: A poor man's Wrangler. Instead of getting stupid ridiculous buffs while leaving yourself defenseless, you work in conjunction with your sentry, marking a single enemy to be targeted by your sentry over all other enemies in range. The mini-crits might be a little much, though. You can also *gasp* shoot people with it to do some reduced damage, but any damage is better than no damage. In exchange, you have 6 bullets which do around 12 damage, as compared to 12 that do 15.

The Bighorn
Level 5 Wrench
+100% damage vs. buildings
-20% metal used for upgrading

Concept: Goes well with The Sod-Off. You damage buildings more (much like the Homewrecker), can remove sappers in a single hit, earning crits for the shotgun. In exchange, however, it takes 2 more swings to upgrade your buildings to the next level. I'm also tempted to say that this would also affect repairs, though I think taking a longer time to upgrade your buildings might be a huge downside.

Irene
Level 5 Shotgun
Alt-Fire: Stab with your pitchfork bayonet to cause slight damage and heavy knockback
+50% wider bullet spread

Concept: Tired of people shooting your sentry from the safety of corners? Push 'em away or into firing range with the bayonet! Going with this, the weapon is absolutely horrid at anything other than close range due to the wider pellet spread.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 am

Another ill-thought-out weapon courtesy of Super Steveio. I wanted to write up ideal stats for the Brawler's Blaster (which goes with this weapon), but I couldn't think of anything that fit it.

Instead, have two version of the same weapon.

The Pickpocket's Pocket Pistol
Level 5 Pistol
Version 1
On Hit: Victim loses 5% of their primary reserve ammo
On Hit: Victim loses 5% of their secondary reserve ammo
On Hit: Victim loses 10 metal
On Hit: Victim loses 1 laser weapon charge
On Hit: +1 primary ammo
On Hit: +3 secondary ammo

-50% max secondary ammo on wearer

Version 2
On Hit: Victim loses 10% of their current weapon's reserve ammo
On Hit: +1 primary ammo
On Hit: +3 secondary ammo

-50% max secondary ammo on wearer

Concept: If the Pomson can drain Ubercharge and Cloak, why can't we have a gun that steals ammo? The entire purpose of this weapon is that you drain some of their ammo per hit and gain a few units of ammo yourself. -50% max secondary ammo means only 18 bullets in your pistol reserves, which is one and a half reloads worth. Each hit gives you a unit of ammo for your Scattergun/Force-a-Nature/Shortstop/Soda Popper, and three units of ammo for the pistol itself. The first variation might be a bit too strong, since as I have it now, it drains ammo from both pools, metal from an Engineer if they have any, as well as any charge the victim's Cow Mangler, Righteous Bison or Pomson has. The second variation isn't as strong, and it can also be foiled by the enemy switching to a weapon that has no ammo (such as any melee weapon or a Buff Banner), but then they're stuck with a weapon not suitable for taking down a Scout.