Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Villun Creativity: New Weapon Ideas

Post by Tungsten » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:54 pm

The Camper
Replaces sniper rifle
+Heals sniper when scoped, amount healed is based on how much the rifle is charged (can overheal when fully charged)
+Provides bonus depending on secondary weapon:
  • +Razorback protects against extra backstab
    +Darwin's Danger Shield provides 35% (instead of 25%) HP bonus
    +Jarate covers larger area and lasts longer
    +SMG adds ammo regeneration
-Charges slower
-Slower movement speed
-Can't move when scoped

KajiVena
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by KajiVena » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 pm

To be honest, I'm shocked this is still on the front page after a couple months :)

Got a couple more ideas here

The Matador's Mirage
Level xx Cape
(+) M1 - Pyro becomes cloaked. A mirage Pyro appears to the side of the Pyro.
(+) M2 - Flips the side the mirage is on.
(+) Mirage can be hidden in walls amd does not take damage
(-) If hit, the Pyro and its mirage will both flicker, similar to the CnD without charge.
(-) Uses Primary ammo at 1/10th max ammo per second.
(-) No secondary damaging weapon

The Crowned Clown
Level xx Stickybomb Launcher
(+) Increased knockback (higher sticky jumps too)
(+) Able to instantly detonate
(+) Minicrits on airborne enemies
(+) Stickybombs fly faster
(-) 4 Stickybombs out max
(-) -75% damage
(-) Same self damage

Steam: KajiVena
DeviantArt: Mackinz
Minecraft: Mackinz

KV's One Stop Drop Shop

unknown
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by unknown » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:29 pm

The Burning spy
level XX cloak
(+) cloak/uncloak time reduced by 1 sec
(+) while cloaked, not affected by fire
(-) -1hp/sec
(-) health reduced by 10%

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Here's another one

The Celtic Guard
Level X Stickybomb Launcher
Stickybombs detonate when enemies approach
-Proximity Mine launcher
-the bombs would detect enemy buildings when choosing when to go off, but would ignore disguised or invisible spies
-Detonation range would probably be about 5 feet (a little more than half the size of a rocket splash)
+10% Damage Dealt
-132 base damage, as opposed to 120
-Within 6 feet of a single bomb, it would deal 51-99, within 3 feet, 66-132
-the damage reduction over time still applies, damage is reduced slightly after a short duration of the bomb remaining armed
Stickybombs that are shot detonate instead of break
-This doesn't prevent people from destroying them, but makes it so that if they attempt to do so, the bombs aren't nessicarily wasted
-The bombs must be armed before they explode, if they are shot before they are armed, they break like any other sticky
-Scottish Resistance bombs will break Celtic Guard bombs without explosions
Stickybombs cannot be manually detonated
-This one's a double edged sword, while you would not have to watch your bombs, you can't choose when to use them, nor can you get rid of bad shots
-This effect also effectivly prevents stickyjumping
-In addition to this, firing more than max allowed bombs would cause the first bombs to fizzle, rather than explode, as if they had been shot
+0.8 seconds arming time
-similar to the Scottish Resistance, the Celtic Guard would be meant for defense, and should not be used on the fly. This arming time increase would also make it easier for the enemy to shoot the bombs before they can detonate
-25% deployed stickybombs
-Max 6 deployed bombs at once
-25% clip size
-6 bombs loaded

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Looks interesting Zork. I don't know how the explosive damage for 3ft or less would apply very often though. It seems like the damage would be less per sticky then normal ones even with the buff.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Katotsu wrote:Looks interesting Zork. I don't know how the explosive damage for 3ft or less would apply very often though. It seems like the damage would be less per sticky then normal ones even with the buff.
More or less the occasions when the enemy is standing on the bomb as it arms or while it's arming.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 am

Another one

The Snapshot
Level xx Bow
20% damage dealt
-compared to the huntsman, this brings it up to roughly a base of 60 (0%) to 144 (100%)
-headshot damage would be upped to 180 (0%) to 432 (100%)
-still not quite enough to kill a fully overhealed heavy, but enough to leave a much greater impact
100% increase in charge time
-2 seconds for a full charge as opposed to 1
+200% increase in arrow weight
-this is the kicker, this makes the bow far less accurate at long range
-the increased arrow weight is a double edged sword, while it reduces the effective range, it allow for trickshots of sorts
-because the arrows fall much sooner, you can in some effect fire arrows over cover and be far more likely to hit something behind it than you would the huntsman
-examples of such, the rocks at cap 1 in Badwater, the walls by the spawn areas in Watchtower, the Sawmill sawblades, trains in Well and Freight
-in short, this bow is a better choice for spamming, but not distance precision. It would ruin someone's day to be hiding behind a wall only to get an arrow down their neck.
-the increase in weight also makes the bow ideal for shooting at concealed sentry nests

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:36 pm

how both a pyro flame thrower, instead of an air blast, you shoot flame bursts 5 to 10 feet farther, will cause people to burn but for not as long.. giving the flame thrower a little more range.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 pm

chaffe[seagreens] wrote:how both a pyro flame thrower, instead of an air blast, you shoot flame bursts 5 to 10 feet farther, will cause people to burn but for not as long.. giving the flame thrower a little more range.
The Pilot Light (name stolen from Advanced Weaponizer, but this one's got a different concept then theirs)
Level xx Flamethrower
Alt-Fire: Shoots puffs of fire
-Taking your concept into consideration, this would replace the compression blast
-Distance would (or should) be about the same as a medium range shotgun, giving a longer burn range than the standard flames.
-20 ammo to fire a flame puff
30% reduced Afterburn duration
-7 seconds of afterburn, which would come to about 42 damage, slightly less than degreaser damage, but you'd still be experiencing the ticks at their full strength

Or my concept of what you have
Alt-Fire: Compression Blast
-This version would have the puffs as the primary fire, the flamethrower would cut out after 2 seconds of holding down the button
-Compression Blasts would still cost 20 ammo
25% increased maximum range
10% increased direct damage
-Backburner strength, keep reading to see why
-this damage bonus does not affect afterburn damage
Cannot fire continuously for more than than 2 seconds
1 second delay between bursts
-To compensate, you'd have to wait a second between each spurt of fire, even if you don't hold for the full 2 seconds
30% decreased afterburn duration

Gotta keep in mind, Why do you think Valve gave the Backburner the compression blast back after 2 years? No one was using it because about the time the heavy update was rolled out, it became increasingly clear just how effective and important the compression blast realy is, and removing it by that point left backburner pyros with an extensive handicap over vanilla and degreaser pyros.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Thought of something today:

The Beer-Batterer
Level 10 Grenade Launcher

Fires canned alcoholic beverages at the enemy, dousing them with frothy liquid for 5 seconds (What effect should this have? Mad Milk? Jarate? Obscured vision/inhibited movement?)
Launched bombs explode on surfaces (Beer has some splash range)
+50% clip size (It fires an entire six-pack :D)
-60% damage done
-40% firing speed

Here's another one I've been working on for a while; still not sure I like it completely though:

The Leaky Lighter
Level 10 Flamethrower

30% longer range (Can hit enemies from slightly farther away)
+15% damage done
+25 max health on wearer
While firing: -10 health drained per second on wearer
Health penalty reduced by up to 75% while actively hitting an enemy (The closer you are to an enemy while hitting them, the lower the health penalty is)

Originally designed to combat the alleged "W+M1" strategy, but seeing as said strategy doesn't seem to be as prevalent as some people will whine that it is, it might not be all that useful.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote: +200% increase in arrow weight
This doesn't work. Gravity is constant for all masses. You should reduce the arrow velocity instead.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:26 pm

MrBlah wrote:
Zork Nemesis wrote: +200% increase in arrow weight
This doesn't work. Gravity is constant for all masses. You should reduce the arrow velocity instead.

assumung the bow can only generate the same amount of energy as before with a higher weight wouldn't the airplane take off anyways?
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:41 pm

Since when does TF2 acctually implement realistic physics? Rocket Jumping? Smashing people 20 feet away from you with a shovel? FaN triple jumps? I don't think increasing the arrow's weight would really create more of a problem than TF2 physics dictate already. But you more or less understand what I was trying to say, the arrows would arc sooner and more rapidly than standard huntsman arrows, kind of like how syringes arc, allowing the potential to rain arrows on people hiding behind cover.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Here's a couple terrible Medic unlocks I thought up:

The Ibuprofen Injector
Level 10 Syringe Gun
On hit: injects the target with a potent painkiller, removing damage indicators for 2 seconds
-50% slower firing speed

The Ibuprofen Injector
Level 10 Bonesaw
On hit: injects the target with a potent painkiller, removing damage indicators for 10 seconds
On miss: inject yourself

These are more Battle Medic-type items, as you can be (theoretically) really sneaky with them. By "damage indicators", I mean those red shapes that appear when you take damage that show you what direction the damage is coming from. This allows you to support your ambushing allies by denying the enemy information on what direction they're being attacked from.

Also, the idea is that the Syringe Gun's effect stacks on itself (like the Beta Milkgun did), while the Bonesaw's effect does not stack. I'm also taking suggestions for better downsides to these weapons to make them more interesting than just "oh you shoot less needles" or "it's a Boston Basher miss effect".
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm

I had a couple of other thoughts on potential weapon concepts.

The Dapper Rouge's Escape Kit (Spy)
Level xx Invis Watch
Cloak Type: Smokescreen
-Try to picture James Bond or Spyhunter and the various smokescreens they deployed throughout their timelines; if that doesn't work, picture the Smoker from Left 4 Dead when he dies
-When activated, the watch will still cloak the spy, but in the location of the cloak will be a sizable smoke cloud that will last for four seconds
-The smoke cloud will obscure any enemy visions who walk into it (similar to the Smoker), but will not affect teamates; there will still be a visible smoke cloud to teamates, but it will be transparent. The smoke cloud will also block enemy view if they're looking through it.
-In addition, any enemy who is directly next to the spy when the watch is activated will have their vision impared for the four seconds even upon exiting the cloud.
-When used correctly, a spy utilizing the watch can conceal a large push; while the enemy team is searching for the spy, they can't see the incoming wave of dudes through the smoke cloud left behind.
-The smoke cloud size would be about the size of the BLU team spawn doors in Gravel Pit in length, height, and depth (pretty much a square's worth of smoke)
-The watch can only be activated when the cloak meter is full, similar to Dead Ringer
+80% cloak regen
-Identical to the Dead Ringer in terms of how fast it charges, due to the requirement of a full charge to deploy.
-40% cloak time
-Due to the smokescreen left behind, the spy will only be able to remain cloaked for half the duration, effectivly 6 seconds.
-This is 0.2 seconds less than the cloak and dagger at full speed, and 0.5 seconds less than dead ringer.
Despite similarities to the Dead Ringer, the spy will not gain any damage resistance on cloaking and the cloak will flicker if he's bumped into. Metal pickups will restore the cloak meter at the same rate as the Dead Ringer (smalls and dropped weapons add 25% while medium and large add 35%), and dropping cloak early will deplete 40% of the remaining cloak (provided the cloak is dropped prior to 6 seconds).

The Big Man's Contest Winner (Heavy)
Level xx Lunchbox
-The model would be a Cherry Pie (red) or a Blueberry Pie (blu) (Awww, too bad this wasn't a pie-eating contest!)
Upon Consumption:
+10% damage resistance for 20 seconds
-Even a little less damage could be a lifesaver, the damage reduction can save you from headshots or critical rockets/grenades/stickies, but don't expect it to save you when you're under constant fire from say another heavy or a sentry.
-This damage resistance wouldn't affect self-inflicted or environmental damage, such as falling, drowining, the torches in Egypt, or GRUs.
-10% movement speed
-More damage resistance means slower target.
-This penalty only affects running speed and will not affect minigun spin-up walking speeds
-This penalty would also affect the run boost on the GRUs, making you about as fast as perhaps a demo instead of most other classes.
Alt-Fire: Throw Pie
-Unlike the Sandvich or Steak, throwing the pie doesn't create a health kit, it's an attack of sorts.
-The pie does no damage, and goes about 2/3 as far as a Jarate or Mad Milk throw
-Should the pie strike an enemy, the enemy's vision will be obscured with pie filling for 6 seconds, making it very hard to see (think of the Tank's product grenade in Monday Night Combat)
-The pie filling will also reveal cloaked and disguised spies (cherry pie filling against a red engineer)
-Eaten or thrown, the pie takes 20 seconds to recharge, and cannot be replenished by picking up a health kit at full health. It can be replenished at a resupply cabinet, but touching a cabinet dispels the damage resistance boost if it's in effect.