Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Re: Why is CP_Warpath so popular?

Post by Quaz and Wally » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Oh goody

I love cookies!

Not so much Warpath. I've been playing on the Ville servers for a while (Even the warpath one on occasion), but am just now finding the forums.

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Masakari wrote:We have a large plate filled with multiple different kinds of cookies over there.
The plate is a lie!

TV8 has cake.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 pm

No matter which baked good you find more appealing, you'll find good company to go with it, guaranteed :D
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:54 am

TheCarpe wrote:No matter which baked good you find more appealing, you'll find good company to go with it, guaranteed :D
Not if you like baked skunk . :yuk:

Fraulein Arztin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fraulein Arztin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:09 am

You'll always find good company at TV8 :) I am a cookie baking medic! Come by TV8 next week for free cookies!

tsmitho
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by tsmitho » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:01 pm

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM Coooookie

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 am

In the off chance that {rto}plas is reading this I just wanted to say: I love the way you have been playing engineer. I hope to learn some of your cat and mouse mechanics and incorporate them into my own gameplay. I shall not be lured into your unconventional sentry locations anymore…I’d rather die by your shotgun!

I love how the players make this game evolve.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:52 am

I do believe we call those "Plas Turrets" for a reason. Level 1 turrets that pop up out of nowhere and annoy the heck out of you.

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 am

TTHREAZ wrote:I do believe we call those "Plas Turrets" for a reason. Level 1 turrets that pop up out of nowhere and annoy the heck out of you.
I can say that a while back I sort of "studied" plas' techniques! I had found some of the best locations for that "wtf?" sentry and it felt so pleasing getting kills, but one can never surmount to the shenanigans of plas!

bigcaulk
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bigcaulk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:38 am

never played it.
Hook 'em!

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:01 am

And now to add to why I actually play warpath so much.
I remember when TheVille servers did not have its own warpath server, and it was thrown into a vote rotation along with a bundle of various enjoyable custom maps. I found that most of the maps that I enjoyed were both very simple in design, yet long-lasting matches (i.e. castle, lazytown, warpath). But soon many of those custom maps began to disappear and new ones began to be thrown into the mix and no one would vote for these stages anymore because they did not please anyone the way they pleased me. Then there was the warpath server.. Once I got on there I was unable to visit any other server. There were all the people that had the same interests as me and you saw very few newer players appearing on the servers. There are times when I tried to go to some of the other servers but the maps ended quickly and many of the people in the servers weren't regulars, so it got quite old. But in warpath, whenever someone joined, they usually stuck around and became a villun themselves, thus making warpath a place where I met many new villuns. Not only were the people on this server happy, funny, and serious (when needed), there were also some really good players. After playing on the warpath server I'm sure many have found that you became a better player after it. The atmosphere is great, the people are excellent, and the map is addictive.

That is my speech about why I <3 warpath.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am

TTHREAZ wrote:I do believe we call those "Plas Turrets" for a reason. Level 1 turrets that pop up out of nowhere and annoy the heck out of you.
Yep, I definitely use the phrase "Plas sentry", even though he's moved on to flying Demoman recently.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Plas is a master of the unexpected. It's like he's playing spy, except when you turn around there's a sentry gun or demoman behind you...

barcode
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by barcode » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:57 pm

ShadyJane wrote:In the off chance that {rto}plas is reading this I just wanted to say: I love the way you have been playing engineer. I hope to learn some of your cat and mouse mechanics and incorporate them into my own gameplay. I shall not be lured into your unconventional sentry locations anymore…I’d rather die by your shotgun!

I love how the players make this game evolve.
If no heavier classes are around, uber plas for wrench kills =)

Nook^3
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nook^3 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Warpath, Warpath never changes...

I love basically all styles of maps and dig custom maps and new maps and old maps but I always come back to Warpath on The Ville for one main reason, experienced players. It's the best thing in the world for a medic being able to look at your team's list and knowing a good chunk of the 12 people you're working with.

The greatest thing about Warpath, the map, for me is pushing for mid with even teams after the deadlock of the sentries is broken. Offense drives defense to their side of the bridge and both teams suddenly quit camping the main tunnels to engage in a huge brawl for the bridge. Its just amazing this chaos, for me as a medic, it really is THE game. Dodging snipers, dodging spam, getting forced into meelee fights by flying demomen... all why trying to keep your offense alive. There is just nothing else like it. Everything I've learned about being a good medic I learned from TheVille's hardcore medic regulars and expert pockets, so many thanks to all of you!