Rabikul
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TheVille Haunted Server

Post by Rabikul » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:21 pm

People have been saying pyro does nothing in comparison to everything else, but phlog pyro absolutely wrecks him. Also, the skull island explodes after you stay too long. And engies on top of towers can easily destroy props in the open.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:5) Gifts spawn at random intervals, and are personalized - only you can see your gifts. They tend to spawn in the first courtyard area to each side of center - usually in the lower portion, though I've seen one or two in the upper. I don't believe I've yet seen one in the back courtyards or the catwalks.
Have we figured out any mechanics on this yet? Is it 1 Gift every 5 minutes like last year? Does the server go in a certain order/rotation or is it totally random how often each person gets that private gift?

OldMan
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OldMan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:24 pm

From what I've seen Flash, and I timed it, it's on a five minute drop like last year. I got two in a row on a pub server, which were exactly 5 min apart. So it appears it's not a rotation, but a random pick for gift. I tried to time between gift grabs, but it's not easy when you don't see the gift and have to rely on the messages. But the two I got in a row makes me believe the 5 minute span is correct.

As an edit, one of my gifts appeared just off the center point, and the other was near the entrance to the room that has the "death pit" in it, on the blu side.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:28 pm

it's definitely not in an order. Seems to be that it's fairly random - sometimes you get a bunch in a row, other times there's nothing for an hour or two.

I've got a couple up near the death pit now too, and one up on the center platform. Still never spawning in the far back courtyards though.
-Boss Llama

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:00 pm

I got two gifts 5 mins apart at one point, and at another point waited ~30-40 mins with no gift spawn before disconnecting. I can confirm that they all seem to be in the central area; several have been down by the water near those tucked-away areas with the medkits while others have been on the raised cliffs next to the death-pit building. One was in the doorway between the death pit building and the point.

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:24 pm

From the wiki!

"The Haunted Halloween Gift will spawn at one of many predetermined locations on Mann Manor, Eyeaduct, and Ghost Fort. Gift spawning is timed in 5 minute intervals, with the gift appearing 5 minutes into the round or 5 minutes after the last gift was claimed. An alert will be sent to a random player when it appears in the map. The gift can only be seen and grabbed by the random player that was selected.

Ten player connections to the server are required (meaning players who are on a team, in spectator, or actively joining the server) for the gift to drop; additionally, servers must be registered with TF2 Quickplay on Steam, to prevent cheating or farming to gain items. The total player count only includes actual Steam clients, not bots or the replay user."
Imagepeahats made this because he is awesome.
Any semblance of wit is accidental, imagined, or medication related.
Minecraft ID is scatzilla99

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Chihuahua, that makes me believe that the old system was better. Sure, it was dumb luck who got it, but at least EVERYONE had that dumb luck chance. Now if someone doesn't care, NO ONE gets gifts.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:12 pm

OmgOhnoes, the master of Halloween idling, says that a new gift is spawning as soon as the last one is picked up. So in theory there are more gifts to go around this year.

OmgOhnoes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OmgOhnoes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:44 am

Flash wrote:OmgOhnoes, the master of Halloween idling, says that a new gift is spawning as soon as the last one is picked up. So in theory there are more gifts to go around this year.
It usually spawns within 30 seconds of the last gift pick up. It's definitely not on a 5 minute set timer as the old maps are; i use to be able to set a stop watch where as now it doesn't work. The only time it's been delayed for me is if there was an account drop or if an account goes through the three notifications without picking it up. In which case it's 5 minutes from the last spawn.

I can also confirm it's completely random. I can get some accounts that get the drop 5 times in a row while others will go hours without it.

That being said, on average give or take a gift all the accounts even out over the period of time they are all on the same server.

And *if* someone is going to idle a Halloween server i suggest leaving the 10th account in spec. You'll lose the gifts assigned to that account BUT the boss won't spawn making the whole process more enjoyable.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 am

OmgOhnoes wrote:
And *if* someone is going to idle a Halloween server i suggest leaving the 10th account in spec. You'll lose the gifts assigned to that account BUT the boss won't spawn making the whole process more enjoyable.
That's all hypothetical though Ohnoes I'm sure.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96