A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:24 pm

I actually have a lot of fun with medic, but I only play it as needed, but that's because it's always needed so I know I'll be playing it a lot.

There's definitely some skill with medics....I'm not exactly amazing at timing ubers sometimes, I'm working on it. I think I'm a decently smart healer though.

I think it's more fun than people realize.

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:26 pm

[quote="Paddyjack";p="181073"]
[quote="eraD";p="181068"]
Well, I'm not sure he meant switch class and melee as them, because that wouldn't be helpful either.[/quote]

Yeah, that is what I meant originally, thinking it a lesser evil. But personnaly I think the pyro is a better class than medic to go around smashing other ppl faces :) However, 3 medics restriction is a good point, but as someone else mentioned, often I would pull down tab to see what class is needed, and if I'm unaware we have a medic that is doing more bonesaw kills than healing I may choose to switch to another class.
[/quote]

It's all about the shovel!

eraD
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by eraD » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:50 pm

[quote="Dirty Dan";p="181076"][quote="Paddyjack";p="181073"]
[quote="eraD";p="181068"]
Well, I'm not sure he meant switch class and melee as them, because that wouldn't be helpful either.[/quote]

Yeah, that is what I meant originally, thinking it a lesser evil. But personnaly I think the pyro is a better class than medic to go around smashing other ppl faces :) However, 3 medics restriction is a good point, but as someone else mentioned, often I would pull down tab to see what class is needed, and if I'm unaware we have a medic that is doing more bonesaw kills than healing I may choose to switch to another class.
[/quote]

It's all about the shovel![/quote]
Broken bottle is the best.

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

[quote="Dirty Dan";p="181075"]I actually have a lot of fun with medic, but I only play it as needed, but that's because it's always needed so I know I'll be playing it a lot.

There's definitely some skill with medics....I'm not exactly amazing at timing ubers sometimes, I'm working on it. I think I'm a decently smart healer though.

I think it's more fun than people realize.[/quote]

My sentiments exactly!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:19 pm

[quote="rurouni572";p="180917"][quote="Infusions";p="180831"]I can't defend myself, let alone defend others, so I'll just let someone do it for me while I mouse1 them to keep them alive so they can continue to act as my bodyguard.

As for Medics being underappreciated, they're about as appreciated as any other class on a team in a public server. The main time you get noticed in a public server is by the enemy team if you're dominating them. If you play in scrims or with smaller teams with friends, your Medicing gets a lot more noticed.[/quote]

The first paragraph in this quote is exactly why I play medic. I'm currently trying to up my soldier, but that's got a long way to go, so medic for me it is.

The second paragraph speaks a lot of wisdom in terms of pubs vs. scrims. In pubs, everyone is pretty much the same as the next person. Everyone wants to be a star, but to be a star you need the attention of everyone else, which is impossible if everyone else is trying to be a star as well. If you want to be appreciated, all you medics especially, start playing on smaller servers and 6v6 scrims. You'll find that games are intensely strategy based, every person is appreciated, and in fact, the medic is the core of the team. Without him, there is no push. Without him, there is no team.[/quote]

Indeed Medic is completely different in smaller games, Pick up games (like 9v9 night), and scrims then in a regular pub play. But it may not be liked by everyone.

The medic in a small game is basically the key player, he/she heals everyone, he/she has an uber/kritz which can start/end pushes, and he/she can save himself or the patient's life with an uber. The medic is basically the most important player on the team most of the time. A lot of medics like this. Most of the time the medic has a personal bodyguard called a pocket.

However this makes the medic also the number #1 target. Everyone on the other team will be trying to kill you. Scouts will be flanking you, spy will be trying to backstab you and sniper will try to blow your head off. If the medic goes down a push is completely ruined. This is a sharp contrast to pub play where you could relax a bit behind the scenes. It makes playing medic a lot more intense but also a bit more stressful.

Hmmmm where am I going with this... o ya....

Anyways basically what I'm trying to say is, if you want to be appreciated as a medic give 9v9 night a try, just don't come complaining to me when every 10 seconds a scout pops behind you.

rurouni572
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by rurouni572 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:01 pm

It is more stressful, and you WILL be the primary target with demos and soldiers dive bombing you while scouts run up to you from seemingly nowhere, but at least in those smaller settings your ass is being watched by at least one soldier, and more often two.

What I'm trying to address is that all those medics out there who feel underrated and unappreciated should try pugging/scrimming. You have increased responsibility, which might be a little stressful, but I will have you know that you will NOT be unappreciated.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Medic shortage

Post by M's » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Infy said it best with this statment

"To me, aiming is hard. I can't do all those fancy jumps or shoot things point blank while moving faster than the speed of light or hit tiny heads a second after seeing a person enter my scopeview or learn how to lead my shots or shoot arcing projectiles or any of that fancy smancy stuff.
So lacking the ability to aim and still being credit to team sounds like a great class idea to me."

So during the day if it is only 3 v 3 I will try my hand at some other class.

But other than that I'm MEDIC ALL THE WAY!!!

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:00 pm

[quote="<eVa>mlite";p="181253"]Infy said it best with this statment

"To me, aiming is hard. I can't do all those fancy jumps or shoot things point blank while moving faster than the speed of light or hit tiny heads a second after seeing a person enter my scopeview or learn how to lead my shots or shoot arcing projectiles or any of that fancy smancy stuff.
So lacking the ability to aim and still being credit to team sounds like a great class idea to me."

So during the day if it is only 3 v 3 I will try my hand at some other class.

But other than that I'm MEDIC ALL THE WAY!!![/quote]

I'll stick with trying to do fancy things in vain, haha.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:39 pm

[quote="rurouni572";p="181248"]It is more stressful, and you WILL be the primary target with demos and soldiers dive bombing you while scouts run up to you from seemingly nowhere, but at least in those smaller settings your ass is being watched by at least one soldier, and more often two.

What I'm trying to address is that all those medics out there who feel underrated and unappreciated should try pugging/scrimming. You have increased responsibility, which might be a little stressful, but I will have you know that you will NOT be unappreciated.[/quote]

I did not know what pugging meant. So I googled it.

It took me here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pugging

I am now somewhat concerned about rurouni572.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I am quite certain he meant "pubbing" :lol:
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

eraD
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by eraD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:36 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="181308"]I am quite certain he meant "pubbing" :lol:[/quote]
No he meant pugging. pugging= Pick up game...ing.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:37 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="181308"]I am quite certain he meant "pubbing" :lol:[/quote]

Ah no carpe.

Pug means Pick up game. It's what I based 9v9 nights on (although I changed the rules a lot to suite the ville), it's basically 6v6 in a casual setting: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... hlight=Pug (I KNOW IT'S A STEAM FORUM LINK BUT IT'S A GOOD GUIDE)

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:56 am

ahh pugging...

LFG NEED TANK AND HEALS THEN GTG!!! PST FOR INVITE
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

omgspoon
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by omgspoon » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 am

[quote="Gizanked";p="181349"]ahh pugging...

LFG NEED TANK AND HEALS THEN GTG!!! PST FOR INVITE[/quote]

no more dps plz
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/174472_random.png[/img]
[url=http://hlstatsx.com/global_stats][img]http://hlstatsx.com/sig/STEAM_0:0:9868542_tf2.png[/img][/url]

Paddyjack
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Paddyjack » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 am

[quote="Gizanked";p="181349"]ahh pugging...

LFG NEED TANK AND HEALS THEN GTG!!! PST FOR INVITE[/quote]

Then:

NAXX10 GOT HEALS L1M TANK AND GTG. PST

Then:

Lawl, your group sucks, don't go guys.

/flaming on
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Paddyjack/paddy_enguitar.jpg[/img]