Post by arfy4 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:03 pm

I'd be would be?

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:18 am

Quick note about Toy Fort.

I think it's a better idea to use it as one of those "seeder maps" that aren't actually in the rotation but we vote it in while waiting for people to join then using it in the rotation.

I'll admit it's fun when there's only around 12 people or less on the server but anything more and it becomes a spamfest.

It's just too small.

Nick Mame
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: TV2 Revival/Discussion Thread 2.0: The Re-revivaling

Post by Nick Mame » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm going to let 9v9 Night test the latest version of campingtrip to make sure there isn't anything that could break the map. I'll use my last list of maps and agree with Guardian on using Toy Fort (as well as mach4) as the server starters. If they develop enough of a cult following we can bump them into voting the next time we touch maps. I'll also ask Silver about round counts on certain maps.

Two more questions to consider:
Which works better for the standard round limit, 4 or 3?
Does the old 35-minute timelimit work out well?

Continue the debate on Toy Fort and what have you at will. I'm just trying to rush this first major set of map changes out so we have something stable to work from.
Interested in custom maps? Join the [url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tvii][u]TV2 Seeding Group[/u][/url]!

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Forgive my ignorance - does the round limit mean completed rounds or sides (ie on PL or A/D type CP maps does a round mean one run as one side plus the flip of sides, one or does it count that as two rounds?). If the former, three. If the latter, four seems OK though many maps seem interminable every time we play them (last night's 35-minute + OT stalemate on Turbine comes to mind).
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Zwiffle
Villun
Villun

Post by Zwiffle » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:11 pm

Toy Fort wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that often times the game stalemates past the time limit, often for a vveeeerrrryyyyy long time. If the mode switched to sudden death when the server time limit expired, then I wouldn't mind Toy Fort at all. I just hate waiting for the map to switch well after the server time limit expired just because the game is stuck with neither side being able to capture.

doobop
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by doobop » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:39 pm

[quote="Nick Mame";p="180345"]
Two more questions to consider:
Which works better for the standard round limit, 4 or 3?
Does the old 35-minute timelimit work out well?
[/quote]
I'd like to see the round limit reduced to 3 (except A/D and arena). I thought the time limited worked well.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 pm

Round limits are a hard thing to decide upon. Getting steam rolled 4 times in a row is never fun. And a close match will take up most of the round time before the round limit hits.

Anyway, I think a round limit of three would be best. (Two for A\D maps)
And timelimit of 30-35 mins works pretty well.

Blooper4912
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Blooper4912 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:56 pm

You know, it would be nice if TV2 had it's own subforum so that discussions could be a bit more organized. That way, people could create separate threads for new map suggestions and discussions, server change proposals, statistic stuffs, and toyfort debates. It's kind of hard to follow everything when it's all posted in a single thread.

Just a thought.

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 am

[quote="Blooper4912";p="180398"]You know, it would be nice if TV2 had it's own subforum so that discussions could be a bit more organized. That way, people could create separate threads for new map suggestions and discussions, server change proposals, statistic stuffs, and toyfort debates. It's kind of hard to follow everything when it's all posted in a single thread.

Just a thought.[/quote]

i agree

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

itchy
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by itchy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:44 am

[align=center]Image[/align]

This was a short week to be able to pick a Player of the Week, but we've already been having some really great times on the server, and lots of activity here in the thread. So, without further ado, this week's TV2 Player of the Week is:

[align=center]PLINKO[/align]

For his comprehensive map statistics, his assistance with nightly seeding, and his thoughtful and intelligent posts on the thread, as well as his sheer speed in re-joining the TV2 Seeding Group. A big help in the revival, and a good fellow to play with.

Congrats to Plinko, and look forward to a new Player of the Week next Wednesday!
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3304587268_69e66ce816_o.png[/img]
[size=67][url=http://www.theville.org/viewtopic.php?t=11702]I've been found out![/url][/size]

Nick Mame
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nick Mame » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Present map list:
* cp_freight
* cp_follower
* cp_waste
* cp_yukon

* ctf_avantiville
* cp_silvertrail
* cp_furnace

* pl_stovepipe
* pl_halfacre
* pl_mill

* ctf_turbine
* ctf_chaos

* cp_desert_fortress
* arena_harvest

I'm waiting for word on what version of camping trip we're going to use. It'll replace chaos, most likely tomorrow. Round limits will be reduced to 3 for all maps (including A/D), most likely tomorrow. Harvest will be set back up to 10. I want to try to avoid map specific configs for everything so we'll see if 3 makes A/D more tolerable.

Much thanks goes out to SilverOne for helping us with the server while Dog's out of town. You are all hereby ordered to provide SilverOne with a portion of your soul for various undisclosed reasons. Alternatively, you could thank him. But I'd really prefer the soul.

And cheers to Plinko who has so far put more effort into TV2-related thingies than me! I wholly plan to abuse his dedication and make my life unspeakably simpler.
Interested in custom maps? Join the [url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tvii][u]TV2 Seeding Group[/u][/url]!

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:17 pm

we could always give pl_waste another shot if cp maps are coming up too often

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:57 am

Woo, King of the World for one week! And I've hardly been able to play at all since the re-revivaling!

Did anyone ever give Noggin's ctf-tibertown a try? More broadly, are we going to be planning map test nights anytime soon?

I don't know what can be done about CP fatigue (if it really exists - I was speculating and we'll know more in a month when I re-count map ratings), if those are the custom maps people are making, then that's the world we live in.

It's probably a lot easier to make a balanced push CP or CTF than a PL, A/D or T/C map just because mirroring makes design balance easy?
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Blooper4912
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Blooper4912 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:03 pm

arena_harvest needs fixing. It only played for 4 rounds today before switching to the next map.

Nick Mame
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nick Mame » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 pm

We've been avoiding the map until we can get that fixed. It's slated to be extended to 10 rounds, we'll see if it needs more after that change goes through.