A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Fri May 29, 2009 10:56 am

[quote="eraD";p="175654"][quote="Devastator";p="175649"][quote="mr_s";p="175615"]so its just me that thinks .scripts are a cheap alternative?[/quote]
nop .... im with ya :) but .... only cos i dont know bind and use those .scripts :cry: but if some body gives me the .script to bind the rocket jump .... well everything change :D[/quote]
:arrow: Again, All you need to know about .scripting. :icon_arrow_l:[/quote]

the .scripting sticky on tf2 steam forum: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=709568

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: sv_allow_wait_command

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 am

[quote="Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42";p="175670"]You're all looking way too deep into this.

All other servers basically pull from this same definition: Scripting

And so shall TheVille.[/quote]

[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Fri May 29, 2009 11:07 am

[quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="175728"]
[quote="Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42";p="175670"]You're all looking way too deep into this.

All other servers basically pull from this same definition: Scripting

And so shall TheVille.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thaaaat's not creepy at all.

Fearghas
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Fearghas » Fri May 29, 2009 11:32 am

Scripts are a means to allow players to do things they wouldn't be able to accomplish without using said .scripts. In shorter words, if you suck at sticky/rocket jumping, just get a .script and you never have to actually try to learn it.

Someone mentioned the crouch jump .script earlier, what that does is cause you to jump and crouch at the same time essentially glitching the hitbox. This makes it impossible for a sniper to land a headshot on someone using that .script. So yes, .scripts can be used to cheat.
[img]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1788/tf2nemesis3pe7.gif[/img]

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 am

[quote="Fearghas";p="175734"]Scripts are a means to allow players to do things they wouldn't be able to accomplish without using said .scripts. In shorter words, if you suck at sticky/rocket jumping, just get a .script and you never have to actually try to learn it.

Someone mentioned the crouch jump .script earlier, what that does is cause you to jump and crouch at the same time essentially glitching the hitbox. This makes it impossible for a sniper to land a headshot on someone using that .script. So yes, .scripts can be used to cheat.[/quote]

You seem to be misinformed. A) The crouch spam exploit was patched. B) Scripts should be seen as alternate configs. Not everyone uses WSAD or the default settings.

Much of this '.scripting hate' I'm going to attribute to ignorance about what .scripts can and cannot do.

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Fri May 29, 2009 12:03 pm

[quote="Jesus_Faction";p="175735"]Much of this '.scripting hate' I'm going to attribute to ignorance about what .scripts can and cannot do.[/quote]

Let's not reduce ourselves, or our positions, by implying that anyone is "ignorant."

As was previously stated, this issue is being thoroughly researched and discussed by the admins, server ops and owners. Rest assured, every side is being presented with due consideration. That could be why this has taken the length of time it has so far. ;)
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Fri May 29, 2009 1:32 pm

We have been discussing this issue as stated. As you all know these discussions will never be settled to everyone’s satisfaction. This debate has been and will continue to go on for years to come. For the most part you all have kept this thread civil so thank you all for doing that. The thread is being locked due to what could be said has been said and we understand everyone’s concerns and as mentioned they are being addressed.

For now, the command has been turned back to “1” since it causes client crashes when set to zero (way to go VALVe). Pending VALVe's fix we are or should I say the wonderful coders here at the Ville Dog, MMX and stevo are currently working on a plug in that should satisfy most of us here at the Ville.

Will post more info when we have it and/or when VALVe fixes the client crashing issue.

Thanks for your patience.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo