A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2
Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:15 am

[quote="Guardian";p="144295"][quote="StrontiumDog";p="144290"]They can force every single player to play one class if they want
:D[/quote]

So if an admin gets mad that I'm reflecting ALL of his rockets he can use admin hacks to force me to play scout or something.[/quote]

admins don't act out of anger :twisted: they do it because they are evil
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:54 am

[quote="Gizanked";p="144296"][quote="Guardian";p="144295"][quote="StrontiumDog";p="144290"]They can force every single player to play one class if they want
:D[/quote]

So if an admin gets mad that I'm reflecting ALL of his rockets he can use admin hacks to force me to play scout or something.[/quote]

admins don't act out of anger :twisted: they do it because they are evil[/quote]
Evil admins :no:
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:40 pm

I have never used the class switcher....

But I'm thinking about using it on Devastator! :twisted:

lol, just kidding

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:51 pm

Devastator, you should know that one of the first requirements to be an admin here is to have a deep evil streak. It also helps to have no soul :)

OK, just a note that from now on whenever an admin is on the server and Devastator and Guardian are playing both get switched to scout ;-P

Naaa, I wouldnt do that to ya, I might rocket you to the sky for the fireworks but thats unlikely too unless its the fun server.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:47 pm

[quote="John Doe";p="144349"]

Naaa, I wouldnt do that to ya, I might rocket you to the sky for the fireworks but thats unlikely too unless its the fun server.[/quote]

Like after I own you in cube soccer by scoring before you guys have a chance to react :lol: .

John Verdana
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by John Verdana » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:01 am

To be honest, I am upset at the engie limitation. TBH, I am a regular engineer at that map and an average player overall.

When the update came I was thrilled that the engie was getting a buff, the new teleporters are a blessing to speed up the progression of the team and the dispensers can be as effective as a Medic. I remember on one occassion that in the last point I endured an uber Pyro attack on my sentry thanks to the new dispenser. I understand that it could upset the opposite team, that just spent 10 to 15 minutes of charging and dodging our offense. But sometimes there are times when we are just steamrolled by 3 Demomen and their respective Medics, I bealieve that this limitation should be dynamic. No one wants a stalemate, but we must procure to give victory a sweeter taste.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:49 am

We're going to try it out for a week or so, and then I'll check with everyone again and see if it wants to be kept or not.

Nothing is ever fixed, and we are always open to change (almost)

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:56 am

as Winston Churchill ones said:

" you cannot possibly make everyone satisfied"

or something along those lines

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:50 am

[quote="John Doe";p="144349"]Devastator, you should know that one of the first requirements to be an admin here is to have a deep evil streak. It also helps to have no soul :)

OK, just a note that from now on whenever an admin is on the server and Devastator and Guardian are playing both get switched to scout ;-P

Naaa, I wouldnt do that to ya, I might rocket you to the sky for the fireworks but thats unlikely too unless its the fun server.[/quote]

However, there are a select few, like me and Carpe that happen to make great admin fodder. It is a burden, but we cope.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:57 pm

[quote="mr_s";p="144553"]as Winston Churchill ones said:

" you cannot possibly make everyone satisfied"

or something along those lines[/quote]

its more like bob marley said, you can fool some people sometimes, but you cna't fool all the people all the time.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Warpath 2 Limits

Post by bluntspoon » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello.

I'm going to go at this a little different. Because for me (and perhaps others) that's what Warpath is. Different. It requires, for me, a different mindset to play it. I have played several hour long games, followed by overtime and then a stalemate and been happy as a little lark.

Things that drive me insane on other maps have no effect on me in Warpath.

If it takes 20 mins to break a chokepoint only to lose it 3 mins later so be it. Teams turtling up?..I don't care. Co-ordinate your ubers better.

Things are/were fine. I suspect it's more about the mismatch of the quality of the players on any given team at times that is causing the problems more than anything else.

Sacrifist
Villun
Villun

Post by Sacrifist » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:57 am

Sorry for the bump, but I thought you guys should know that I have a guy fixing alot of issues with warpath2. Mainly exploits or little annoying things that have come up.

Here are the threads were the discussion and changelog is if you are interested.

http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65224

changelog
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.p ... stcount=29

stuff in the queue for next revision (u4)
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.p ... stcount=48

somedude
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by somedude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:53 am

[quote="Sacrifist";p="154096"]Sorry for the bump, but I thought you guys should know that I have a guy fixing alot of issues with warpath2. Mainly exploits or little annoying things that have come up.

Here are the threads were the discussion and changelog is if you are interested.

http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65224

changelog
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.p ... stcount=29

stuff in the queue for next revision (u4)
http://edgegamers.org/forums/showpost.p ... stcount=48[/quote]

Thanks for posting that. Some good stuff in here. I'm looking forward to playing this updated version.

Novacaine
Villun
Villun

Post by Novacaine » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:43 am

The U3 version is what they are running on the EGO warpath server. IMO Its an improvement over the version that runs on TV VIII. Here's the stuff that's different.

cp_warpath2_u2 (contains all fixes from u1, plus the follow game play changes):
- raise sky everywhere to same height as the middle point. You can still top out on the sky on a badly angled 2 grenade jump.
- add small ammo + medium health outside arch at each base
- reduce ammo pack to small at fence
- reduce ammo pack to small at sniper building at each base
- reduce level time to 20 min, increase time add to 4 minutes per capture
- dont allow teleporters behind breakable wooden fence in lower cave
- add ladders to get on the roof of cp 2&4
- increase ammo pack to medium in lower cave

The health packs outside arch by last CP are a BIG help when attacking/defending the last point. It helps the game move quicker in that area.
Also the ladders to the roof of CP 2 and 4 make those areas more accessible to everyone.

somedude
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by somedude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:02 am

How do we request to get this updated version on TV VIII?