Moving on with or without tf2

A forum dedicated to Team Fortress 2

Do you feel the same way as I do for tf2?

yes, I will be playing tf2 as the years go by
69%
No, I will one day move on with my life without tf2
22%
Jeez, after 1 day of not playing tf2, you're already sentimental
9%

Total votes: 54

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Moving on with or without tf2

Post by Maple Man » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Supreveio wrote:
Masakari wrote:I could argue this, but I'll leave it alone to ask you and others this: why not try other MP exclusive games with a more competitive style (See: Awesomenauts, SMNC back when it was good, etc.) if that's the style of MP games you like?
MOBAs are the worst genre of game.
Count how many people say,"Report (insert name) for (insert dumb reason)" in a Moba. They have the worst type of gaming community too. Used to play Legends of League, but now I prefer to stick to mmorpgs despite the grind factor :3

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Maple Man wrote:
Supreveio wrote:
Masakari wrote:I could argue this, but I'll leave it alone to ask you and others this: why not try other MP exclusive games with a more competitive style (See: Awesomenauts, SMNC back when it was good, etc.) if that's the style of MP games you like?
MOBAs are the worst genre of game.
Count how many people say,"Report (insert name) for (insert dumb reason)" in a Moba. They have the worst type of gaming community too. Used to play Legends of League, but now I prefer to stick to mmorpgs despite the grind factor :3
Agreed. I use to play a lot of SMNC (back when it was good) and the community was horrible.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 pm

It's not just the community.

It's the fact that they're just RTS games for morons.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Supreveio wrote:It's not just the community.

It's the fact that they're just RTS games for morons.
HEY!, I'm a moron and I resent that comparison!
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Seventhorn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Seventhorn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:50 pm

I have played TF2 for years but never consistently until I found theville server. Slowly but steadily it forced me to play better and well im a competitive type of guy. I like to win and I don't like to lose but I can appreciate a good game and theville servers have tons of great players and great games. If it wasn't for that then I probably wouldn't be playing TF2. So the server competition has a lot to do with my reason for still playing and as long as that is still around then I will be.

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

Follow up to my last post about Tf2, opinions change. It's hard to predict the future of how the game will look like. As long as theville plays Tf2, I'll keep playing. Although, I can't fine the same interest in Tf2 like before. CompTf2 might have inspired others to keep playing, but it kind of killed my motivation to play as much as before.

F13ND
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by F13ND » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:
Maple Man wrote:
Supreveio wrote: MOBAs are the worst genre of game.
Agreed. I use to play a lot of SMNC (back when it was good) and the community was horrible.
MOBAs are sooo much fun ^^. My typical approach to the whole "toxic community" issue is to ignore anyone who's flaming and be as cheery as possible, which tends to make everyone else nicer too. I also tend to play with close friends which makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable.

I might just be one of those morons though :D
Thanks Sparky!

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:17 pm

F13ND wrote:
Bronze Fox wrote:
Maple Man wrote: Count how many people say,"Report (insert name) for (insert dumb reason)" in a Moba. They have the worst type of gaming community too. Used to play Legends of League, but now I prefer to stick to mmorpgs despite the grind factor :3
MOBAs are sooo much fun ^^. My typical approach to the whole "toxic community" issue is to ignore anyone who's flaming and be as cheery as possible, which tends to make everyone else nicer too. I also tend to play with close friends which makes the experience a whole lot more enjoyable.

I might just be one of those morons though :D
A must when playing mobas. My approach probably isn't the best, but I continue to bait the anger out even more. I'm not friends with them, so why not? :3

CknSalad
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by CknSalad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:24 pm

TF2 is still somewhat fun to watch competitively and play in pubs or pugs for me. However, lately it's been hard to play for long periods of time as many of my steam friends no longer play TF2 or play very little of it. My real life friends pretty much stopped TF2 and have been on the HearthStone craze. I try to combat the boredom by playing away from my main (demoman) and playing medic, scout, or soldier instead. Even then, the game just is not as enjoyable as it used to be. I guess a game starts to lose its appeal after playing over 2.4k hours of it lol.

PS: For another year, I'll probably stick with TF2. Lately, it does seem though that TF2 is on a slow decline with more and more TF2 veterans quitting the game for newer pastures.