Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: GTA 4!

Post by Nanite » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Can I kill Michelle? Cause after last night I'd sure like too. Oh and watch what you jump over. I was running from the cops and hopped over a railing. Well What I didn't realize, it was at night, that it was the edge of an over pass and I splatted to the pavement and got run over by a garbage truck.

YevGenie
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YevGenie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Man...those reviews really make me want to go out and buy a console...but I shall have to wait for it to come out on PC. I prefer all my gaming to be done on the PC, and have LOVED the GTA3/Liberty City/San Andreas games on it.

My only regret is that it takes so long for them to release for the PC :(

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 pm

I picked it up today. Its a lot of fun.

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Fri May 02, 2008 9:00 am

I got it a few days ago. It's great!
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Wed May 07, 2008 6:28 am

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed May 07, 2008 6:45 am

JESUS!

overshot my estimate by 40 mil!

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Wed May 07, 2008 12:00 pm

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed May 07, 2008 12:29 pm

the game also caught the ire of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, which seeks an adults-only rating because it lets players drive after imbibing in virtual liquor.
C'mon people!!!

It's a game! If the person takes a game for real life, then there are problems with the person, not the game.

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Wed May 07, 2008 12:44 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="92165"]
the game also caught the ire of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, which seeks an adults-only rating because it lets players drive after imbibing in virtual liquor.
C'mon people!!!

It's a game! If the person takes a game for real life, then there are problems with the person, not the game.[/quote]

I think they are referring to young ones who get there hands on this game and don't know right from wrong. Heck, even mentally disturbed adults could take that for more than a game. Games can and do impact people in different ways.

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Wed May 07, 2008 1:21 pm

[quote="l3eeron";p="92165"]
C'mon people!!!

It's a game! If the person takes a game for real life, then there are problems with the person, not the game.[/quote]

It's so totally hard to drive while your guy is wasted. Hell even walking without falling down is a challenge. And there's a couple missions that require you to. I ran into so much crap and had to get away from cops multiple times during them.

l3eeron
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l3eeron » Wed May 07, 2008 2:17 pm

[quote="Tickles";p="92167"]I think they are referring to young ones who get there hands on this game and don't know right from wrong. [/quote]

Obviously it's in the parents hands. I mean, there are thousands of things you try to protect your kids from. There are games, TV shows, movies, songs, myspace etc that I don't let me daughters play....

There is a Mature rating for it already, I don't know where you're going with that point. If a kid that's too young gets their hands on it, then it's a parenting problem. Not the games problem. That's why rock bands aren't liable for people commiting suicide, when the lyrics are telling them too....

That's how it is here in the States anyway, sometimes I forget you're up North and things might be different. :P

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Wed May 07, 2008 2:42 pm

What about the mentally unstable getting there hands on it and thinking it's ok to go out and do those things, then who do we blame? The parents of those mentally unstable? It's really a thin line though, a kid can go to a friends and play it without the parents knowing, is that a parenting problem then there to, even though they already told the child they couldn't play it? SO many gray areas and so many examples of violent games getting into the wrong hands, but it happens. You really can't prepare yourself for things that can happen a lot of the time. I think MADD (is that who it was), was just looking out for people, it's what the organization is about.

Anywho, I want this game. :lol:

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed May 07, 2008 8:46 pm

how did this go from gta4 to a flame war?

Tickles
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Tickles » Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 pm

Flame war? Where? I don't see a flame war, I see a civilized conversation with no insults.. Just a nice conversation with B about video games/violence, what have you. No hard feelings involved.

Sickmeat
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Sickmeat » Thu May 08, 2008 12:54 am

I hope it gets released for PC soon.

And I think if someone was going to lose it after playing this game, they were gonna lose it sooner or later anyhow. Nothing wrong with a catalyst.
:D