GTA 4!

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Deathbringer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Re: GTA 4!

Post by Deathbringer » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:26 pm

Its not a disargreement, we haven't desputed anything so not sure what you are referring to.

I will disagree with you on the point that the xbox is cheaper and the ps3 is a bloated blu ray player, a simple basic blu ray player is just as much as a ps3, and the xbox has nothing next gen for technology now. That statement simply wrong and incorrect on all levels. When you add up what it costs to get what you get out of the box for the ps3 you will actually spend more on your xbox than a ps3, and then every year you own your xbox you have to pay $50 just to keep it online, I am not going to list out everything but the simple fact is MS made a mistake when they created the xbox without harddrives, and without any next gen player and that is coming home to roost this year.
I will agree with you that I love gaming more for some reason (for the most part) on the pc.
As for GTA4 the xbox has a more stylized looked to it than the playstation, and has issues with loading content in fast paced situations, and so pop in's are an issue, so to combat that, Rockstar has actually lightened the background load on the xbox, so you will have a little sparser city scapes to help mask it. I am not saying the xbox isn't a great machine, its just time for them to make a decision, move forward and force people to put hard drives in their machines, and either offer an attachment blu ray player and/or build it into the new machines.
{db}Deathbringer

[i][b]Bringing death to all the happy faces[/b][/i]

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:11 pm

[quote="xXBatmanXx";p="89199"]
On top of that. My 360 costs HUNDREDS less than a PS3, so I have no problem with DLC. It will take a while (2 years) at the current rate of my DLC spend to catchup to the price of the PS3.
[/quote]

The 40GB PS3 is $50 more than the 20GB 360.

There is a year of live right there. Not to mention with the PS3 you get a bigger hard drive, wi-fi, free network play, blu-ray player.

Speaking just hardware wise if you were to get that on the 360 is would cost much more than a PS3.

Here is just an example..

The Wi-Fi dongle for 360 is $100, live for a year $50, DLC more $$$, Future Blu-Ray drive for the 360, easily $100..... keeps going on and on
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 pm

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:27 pm

I had to demonstrate and testify about GTA in a custody case. No kidding. I billed time for playing GTA.

At trial, the judge said, "Anyone who would purchase that game for their child should be hog-tied and beaten."

How's that for an endorsement?! :ik:

I had to rent the game and borrow Fletch's PS2. I think it was GTA3. I played the game for a few hours. Meh.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:34 pm

Apparently I need hog tied and beaten then. I gots no problem with my kid pickin up the hooker to make time then kill her to get his money back. That's real world experience! 8)

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:35 pm

[quote="Nanite";p="89950"]Apparently I need hog tied and beaten then. I gots no problem with my kid pickin up the hooker to make time then kill her to get his money back. That's real world experience! 8)[/quote]

:rofl:
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:43 pm

They're doing a live play through on Gamespot right now. Bunch of people are just playing around with the game and giving some live commentary on it. Seeing alot of the game and it looks awesome.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:10 pm

As far as the DLC goes, I know they will have expandable cities.

I am sure of that, but unsure where i read it.

The way i see it is its all good.

loka
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by loka » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:36 pm

i'm playing it right now.... i LOVE IT!! :D
ImageImage
BLS DoD 1.3 '06 Ville Cup Winner
Death Dealers DoD 1.3 '07 Ville Cup Winner

Kodo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Kodo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:24 am

I just hit someone with a car and giggled maniacally as I saw blood and a body part go flying!

But now I must go to work :(
Shhh...

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:46 am

Silly work. Anyone think I'll be able to pick a copy up today if I didn't preorder it? They are saying this game is going to beat all kind of sales records.

Nanite
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Nanite » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:47 am

Mine will be here as soon as UPS delivers the package this morning. I think I'm feeling ill and will need to leave work early...

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:24 am

Ok. I played 1.5 hours of SP.
1 hour of MP.

Words cannot describe the joy I had in both modes.
MP is HILARIOUS!

I did a review over at BluesNews - contains spoilers.
http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board. ... adid=87278

**Disclaimer - that is after 3 hours of sleep, 4 cups of coffee, and I am SLAMMED at work. It was a quick cliff notes of what I remembered, jotted down as fast as I could. :)
Last edited by xXBatmanXx on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

nesknowitall
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by nesknowitall » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:47 am

I hae been playing GTA3 on my computer for awhile but seriously I have to say that GTA 4 looks amazing graphically! I feel they never worried about the graphics in the GTA 3 series, but now it rivals many other gmes with it's beauty! I wasn't a big fan of San Andreas... I don't know hy, but it just wasn't that fun to me. But watching gameplay videos and seeing things I've always wanted to do in GTA makes me count the seconds down til I can play it.

I just can't wait to throw grenades out the window at cars behund me :twisted:
[size=200][color=green] [b]These things we do, that others may live.[/b][/color][/size]