Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Factorio

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:29 pm

This has been my most recent obsession - it's a ridiculously engaging game for people who love logistics, organization, and efficiency. My first play-through was, as I tend to do, done without any outside tutorials, walk-throughs, plans, etc, and I managed to get to launch stage (official end-game, though it continues far beyond that) in around 58 hours using all default settings. For comparison, the record speed-runs are a bit over 90 minutes.

Having now dived into the online community for the game, and begun my second much more thought-out playthrough, I have discovered that it is not at all unusual for dedicated players to end up developing bases literally 1,000 times larger and more complex than my previous end-game base was. At least one design I've seen had an output more than 5,000 times my own.

I'm working on learning the basics of that now, and am about to build the final piece of what should get my primary outputs to a consistent new high (for those familiar, I should be pulling about 75 SPM once it's installed, with a goal of at least 10 times that down the road). I'm now 134 hours in to the game overall, and suffice it to say there are numerous major mechanics I haven't even touched yet, much less learned how to use effectively. The devs are also awesome, with patches for reported bugs releasing sometimes within a couple hours of the report being made. With an experimental update just going stable recently, they did 6 updates in 5 days, making sure they got as many fixes in as possible and testing them before pushing it out to everyone.

Anybody else been bitten by this game?
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Factorio

Post by Flash » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Looks interesting, but also sounds like something I should avoid!

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:58 am

I've had my eye on this for a bit, was waiting for it to come out of EA. Might bite if it goes on sale sometime. I'm also intrigued by Satisfactory - have you played that BL?

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:09 pm

It did actually come out of early access recently - it is at full release stage, and is amazing :-D

I have not played Satisfactory - I should look into it!
-Boss Llama

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:55 am

Satisfactory is great