Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

I have a game on Steam Greenlight!

Post by Will T. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Today I finally got to unveil the project I've been working on for a few months. It's a local-multiplayer arcade-style game about staying on a tiny platform while wave after wave of enemies (and your fellow players) try to push you off. The stage will occasionally mix things up by changing its behavior, requiring you to think quickly and act quicker. Check out the Greenlight page!

This is actually a remake of a game I made in college back in 2014, rebuilt from the ground up in Unity with the same features as before, plus a bunch of new ones. Vote for it and help me to ship a game on Steam! Please?

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: I have a game on Steam Greenlight!

Post by John Doe » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Looks like it would be fun to try, but you could make it better by allowing people to buy/trade hats ;-P

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:32 pm

John Doe wrote:Looks like it would be fun to try, but you could make it better by allowing people to buy/trade hats ;-P
And maybe tease a competitive mode for 7 or 8 years to really get the suspense going.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:40 pm

After way more blood, sweat, and tears than I wish had been necessary, I finally present to you ... a playable demo of Spin the Beat!

Get it here!

Also check out the new announcement on the Greenlight page for an update on where things are and where they'll be going from here. I'm planning to tease some of the game's content on there in the hope of drumming up some new interest as I work on getting the full product ready, which hopefully won't take more than a couple of months. Lots of the gritty ground work is done now - it's mostly a matter of creating the rest of the game's levels now.

I'm also realizing that Nine games out of ten don't do well enough to get through Greenlight, so I'm thinking I might Switch my primary target platform ... I won't give up on the Steam version of course, but I think there might be a certain other piece of hardware where this game would have greater potential.

Plas
Server Admin
Server Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plas » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Got my vote, Will.

I see the in game message about needing a xbox gamepad. Is the game playable with just a keyboard and mouse?

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:56 pm

Plas wrote:Got my vote, Will.

I see the in game message about needing a xbox gamepad. Is the game playable with just a keyboard and mouse?
It's possible to play single-player with keyboard controls, but it's a bit wonky, so I don't list it as officially supported. I mainly have it there for my own testing.

If you want to try it, the keyboard controls are:

W/A/S/D - Move
Space - Jump
Left Shift - Push Attack
Escape - Pause