Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

No Man's Sky - refunds available

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:49 am

It would appear that the furor over No Man's Sky has had an effect, and the companies selling it have agreed that it is sufficiently not-as-advertised to warrant refunds no matter how much you've played. If you got bit by this one, and want your money back, check it out: http://www.inquisitr.com/3458500/no-man ... play-time/.
-Boss Llama

belak
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: No Man's Sky - refunds available

Post by belak » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:09 am

One thing that may be worth noting... Elite Dangerous is a similar game (with a similar launch story) which improved over time and is pretty fun, at least in terms of flying around and space battles. I've heard it described as Euro Truck Simulator in space.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:58 am

Elite has had a HUGE influx of disappointed NMS fans (and frustrated SC fans).

Elite used to be Euro Truck Simulator but it has changed a lot in the past few updates.
You can still trade and do missions but successive updates have improved gameplay considerably. The AI is tougher and more fun. Mining, exploring, bounty hunting, smuggling and loads of other professions are great. The devs are now looking at improving the piracy career. In the next update, coming next week, we get lots of new features and mysteries!

One thing I love about Elite is that the Devs are science fanatics so try to make it as real as possible. Neutron stars are beautiful!
Some people call the game an MMO but it more a simulator with some MMO.

We have a TheVille wing set up for any existing or any wannabe pilots called TheVille Space Goats:
Join us and we can help you get started! We can either play in Open mode (which sometimes means you can get ganked) or we can set up a Private mode so you can play without worrying about other humans and just play with your friends. Open is for a more intense experience - you never know what will happen when you see that hollow square on your radar trying to get behind your ship!

Oh and Mad Hammer just reached Elite yesterday! But then, he's addicted to the game.

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Yes.........I'm Mad Hammer and I'm addicted to Elite Dangerous. At over 3000 hours, I'm either addicted or really, really wanting that Elite Explorer badge bad. Lots of different career paths to follow but you're not locked into any one thing. You can be a trader today and go bounty hunt tomorrow. Winter is upon us and I'm making plans to go on a 6 month adventure across the galaxy.

The scope of this game and scale, making a trip to Beagle Point ain't no knock it out in a couple nights adventure.
Image[/center]

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:54 am

I've got some Steam Wallet funds sitting around from selling off my unusual hats earlier this year - might have to pick up Elite Dangerous next time it's on sale. Who doesn't love Space Goats?
-Boss Llama

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Mad-Hammer wrote:Yes.........I'm Mad Hammer and I'm addicted to Elite Dangerous. At over 3000 hours, I'm either addicted or really, really wanting that Elite Explorer badge bad. Lots of different career paths to follow but you're not locked into any one thing. You can be a trader today and go bounty hunt tomorrow. Winter is upon us and I'm making plans to go on a 6 month adventure across the galaxy.

The scope of this game and scale, making a trip to Beagle Point ain't no knock it out in a couple nights adventure.
We have to do this together!
My 50Ly Grade 5 FSD on the Anaconda needs some exploration!
Aaaaand with the new FSD boost if you fly through a White Dwarf or Neutron star, we're talking 100Ly!!

So let's do some Math.
1000Ly usually takes 1hr of flying with a 30 Ly range Lakon Asp Explorer with an A class FSD including fuel scooping time.
Sag A* is 26,000Ly. Took me three weeks with scanning, looking for Earth-likes, Ammonia planets etc.
Beagle Point is 65,000 Ly.
This could take six months!

:shock: