Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Battleborn open beta - limited time

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:08 am

Hey all! The beta for Battleborn has gone open for a couple days only. This is a good opportunity to test out the game and see if it's something we're potentially interested in! Access is available through Steam.

Here's the link: Battleborn Open Beta
-Boss Llama

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Battleborn open beta - limited time

Post by black_and_blue » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:04 pm

Tried it out, and while I didn't absolutely love it on my very first try, it did seem like a game I could learn to like quite a bit if I wanted to. As to whether I do want to, we'll see.

It's got a big problem, though, that would make it difficult for it to be a community-sustaining game, and that it its focus on matchmaking.

When you want to play, the game finds appropriate teammates and opponents for you and puts you all on a server together and you play one whole game as a group. When the game is over, everyone goes their separate ways. If someone leaves, there is no clear way of replacing the lost player mid-game.

If they just changed that so that you join a server and stay for as long as long as you want, whether that be half a game, two games, or 10 games, I'd say the game would have real potential.