Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:59 pm

black_and_blue wrote: Hmm, trying to decide whether having somethign like this is cheating. I'm inclined to think that the only notes that you get going into the game is the bomb defusal manual itself. Part of the game is decyphering the manual.
For what it's worth, I did make that by hand directly from the manual itself. The manual is there to be printed out and written on, and believe you me, any sane technician out there would convert a manual to the form most readily usable to them. I already can do a fair chunk of the complex wires from memory without asking, but text is nicer to work with, to be sure. I suppose if it came down to it for a competition or something that insisted on nothing but a bare paper copy to start, I would make a point of just completing the memorization and writing it down on the manual the moment it was handed to me.

Not saying anybody should feel obligated to use it or any other specific method, since it's just a personal preference, but I definitely consider it critical that partners use whatever method is fastest for them (diagram, text, divination, whatever works!). As you go up in difficulty, the puzzles do not leave time for inefficiency, especially with smaller groups of experts. Large groups can slack a bit more as the load is more broadly distributed.
-Boss Llama