Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Elite: Dangerous Release

Post by Dog » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:05 pm

The joystick makes a huge difference! I tried M+K but it drove me crazy.
Horizons is totally worth it for landing on planets alone but if you buy it you will have to go back to the Bubble to pick up a hangar and SRV. So I would wait until the rest of the season comes out such as multi-player ships and crafting /looting

Mad-Hammer
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Mad-Hammer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Spending way too much free time on this game :shock: . I think I've racked up over 300 hours in the short time I've owned it.

I gave up on the joystick, more comfortable with a trackball/keyboard combo. Now considering buying Horizons since I like the game so much. My surprise though in the game was I thought going solo was the safe way to play but after filing 24 insurance claims on lost ships, the npc's are a pain in the rear. I mean really, I get jumped as soon as I drop out of hyper drive, submit and they still blast you.

My sole goal is to amass enough money, assemble the best fighter possible and track down every pirate out there, especially that Gareth Clark guy who shot my ship up twice. :bad-words:
Image[/center]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 pm

I am currently heading out into deep space, 2 kLy away from Sol, on the underside of the galaxy. I'm scanning everything, landing on planets and checking out the scenery! After 13 kLy, I'll hit the Neutron star belts and I will be there for a while.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:44 am

Mad-Hammer wrote:Spending way too much free time on this game :shock: . I think I've racked up over 300 hours in the short time I've owned it.

I gave up on the joystick, more comfortable with a trackball/keyboard combo. Now considering buying Horizons since I like the game so much. My surprise though in the game was I thought going solo was the safe way to play but after filing 24 insurance claims on lost ships, the npc's are a pain in the rear. I mean really, I get jumped as soon as I drop out of hyper drive, submit and they still blast you.

My sole goal is to amass enough money, assemble the best fighter possible and track down every pirate out there, especially that Gareth Clark guy who shot my ship up twice. :bad-words:
lol sounds like me when i first picked it up :P
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Greebo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Greebo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:32 pm

I found me a black hole!

I was about 350Ly from the Lagoon Nebula, which lets the galaxy view route finder choose a route for me all the way there. I was looking along the chosen route to make sure I wasn't about to hit a series of stars that I couldn't refuel in, the systems were all randomly named except that I went right past one called "Thor's Eye".
I figured this was worth investigating and not only was the arrival point a blue giant (which I don't think I've seen before), but the system contained a black hole!

They're basically impossible to see other than their lense effect, so I put a gif together to show it:
http://giphy.com/gifs/l4KhMuVpqA4oOuIJW/fullscreen

Once I get to the Lagoon Nebula and explore that (I bought horizons, so I can land on planets even if I can't explore them, so I plan on getting some screenshots in there), I think I'll head to the Trifid Nebula and then I have a new destination that I found a reference to that I'm keeping secret until I get there!
The ultimate plan is to still get to Sag A, just to say I got there, but that will first require being a little less anal about scanning all bodies in every system I arrive at.
So far my hull is still 100% and I've only used 1 heat sink plus a little auto-repair (because I wasn't paying attention when fuel scooping - so far I haven't hit any dangerous binary systems).