A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Tabletop Shadowrun

Post by Torven » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Now that I finally have a job that sees me home every night, I wanted to send up a balloon and see if there was any interest among The Ville for getting a Shadowrun group together. My preference is SR3, but really I would be game for anything.
'You might not have the intelligent to find it so i'll queto it for you' - Some guy trying to insult me on the Steam boards

PvtPancake
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Tabletop Shadowrun

Post by PvtPancake » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:13 pm

I am in.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:14 pm

This is interesting... I am assuming you are referring to some kind of play by post scenario. I played SR 4th quite a bit back in the day and I am currently running a group in SR 5th. I generally only play in IRL but with a group of villuns I might be tempted.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:18 pm

I was thinking Skype as a possibility, maybe combined with one of those virtual tabletop websites.
'You might not have the intelligent to find it so i'll queto it for you' - Some guy trying to insult me on the Steam boards

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 pm

I may be interested in this depending on time/duration. I have the SR4 books but I could get a hold of the SR3 books.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:00 pm

I've never played Shadowrun. Would be nice to try it.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Shadowrun is a fun game. The setting is bizarre but very fun to role play in. The rules are pretty strong except for a few issues they can never seem to shake. Just remember the rules and you will be fine.

1 Watch your back
2 Make sure yo get payed
3 Never cross Saeder Krupp

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:33 pm

metacide wrote:I may be interested in this depending on time/duration. I have the SR4 books but I could get a hold of the SR3 books.
Saturday nights or Sunday during the day are best for me; I work Monday-Saturday.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:04 pm

So I guess the big questions would be who is GMing and whats day/time. I can GM if needed and I am available Saturdays during the day, Sundays in the evening (after 7-8 VST) or if needed weekdays after 9 VST. I am available every other Saturday night also if we want to do an alternate weeks game. I would also like to recommend that we play 4th ed because 5th doesn't have enough material yet and 3rd is both outdated and uncommon.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Crimson suggested I join you fellas, so I'm in.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:04 am

If we are doing 4th, you would have to GM, crimson; I don't know the rules well enough. main reason I liked 3rd was because they completely changed the system when FASA licensed it off, but I am willing to give it a shot. I work most Saturdays, and I don't have a set finishing time. It is usually early, but not always. Mondays I have to be up by 4am PST, so Sunday nights are bad for me. Still, sounds like we can make this work.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:04 am

Well if needed I can but I must warn you. If we are playing my game we are using my house rules. No three tier combat! White wolf style damage track! Revised firearms so the Barret 121 is no longer just flat out the best weapon in the game! If you have a problem with that then I am going over to drive through rpg and picking up a copy of third ed and then its your headache.

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:01 am

I have no clue what three tier combat means, and the Barret 121 was crap in SR3 (no concealability, impossible to get ammo for it), so no worries there. I'm used to the old 10 point condition monitor...I think they changed that, didn't they?

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:12 am

Three tier combat means you have 3 combats happening at once one on the cyber plane one on the physical plane and one on the astral plane. Generally this is avoided by using simpler hacking rules and avoiding astral combat.

The health in 4th ed has physical and stun damage on separate tracks which means if you are about to pass out from stun damage its completely possible to take three bullets and be perfectly fine. Also since its harder to get extra stun boxes stun damage downs larger opponents faster.

The Barret is just the best example of where the firearms system was broken since it was on the level of an assault cannon but anyone could wield it and it had half the recoil. honestly the whole firearm system needs a tune up.

I have my house rules already set up for 4th ed to fix these and other small issues so its no biggie as long as the house rules don't scare you.

Torven
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Torven » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:23 am

Ahh. 3rd keeps physical and stun on separate tracks, but the penalties from both tracks apply. So if you are at severe stun damage (6 boxes), you can still take a bunch of physical damage, but all your resistance tests are going to be with at least a +3 target number. Did they change the recoil rules? In SR3, the Barret and the Panther were both SS; recoil didn't matter (the rifle was a bit weaker and could only fire APDS ammo, as well).