Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Mario kart 8

Post by Gizanked » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:06 pm

abiscuit wrote:Online play might as well be renamed Rosalina Kart 8.

This is funny because I have been playing with rosalina and haven't seen that many others. Off the top or my head I see more bowser and Luigi.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:49 pm

I haven't been online yet, but when I unlocked Rosalina I started doing a lot worse in 150CC GPs. Should just go back to Yoshi as I was undefeated for a good while.

Also I love how you can play the entire game without turning on your TV. Why isn't the Gamepad a stand-alone system?

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:10 pm

I've been using Toadette on the insistence of my girlfriend that she is superior to all others. I'm kinda starting to see it.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:32 am

I dunno, Yoshi seems to be the most common choice from what I've seen.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 am

I just bought a Wii U for this dumb game, stupid Mortis and Biscuit

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

ShiftyDevil wrote:I just bought a Wiii U for this dumb game, stupid Mortis and Biscuit

Hooray for stupid biscuit and Mortis! I really need to try to play online with some of you folks.

Also this is a fun tool.

http://mk8builder.com/
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:10 pm

I was at an event last night and someone brought mario kart 8. I was so excited to play it. I was using the Wii U controller, other 3 guys had wii+ remotes. I got 8th first race. Kept trying to use Sonic Allstars controls. Second race I was running 7th, realized how important it is just to stay on the track. I went from 7th to 1st last lap because I got a ton of shrooms and knew the shortcuts. Man, I want a Wii U so bad just for MK8 and smash!!exclamationmark! Wish I was able to play more but I was manning a camera at the event and didn't want to leave it on the tripod for too long. Then I was burning through batteries and that kept me busy (accidentally had it on 60fps instead of 24).

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Hehe, I was making mistakes from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed too my first several games. Tip: don't let off the gas while drifting in MK8 or you will come to a stop.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:05 am

The item roulette in this game confuses me. Lightning bolts in fourth? A Crazy-8 and a Golden Mushroom in second? I thought the good items were reserved for the guys falling behind.

I do like that the game hands out fewer blue shells now though, and I also love the fact that they're back to their old glory days where they can hit everyone in between the thrower and the leader and not just the leader. Those were the stupid days if you ask me.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:41 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:The item roulette in this game confuses me. Lightning bolts in fourth? A Crazy-8 and a Golden Mushroom in second? I thought the good items were reserved for the guys falling behind.

I do like that the game hands out fewer blue shells now though, and I also love the fact that they're back to their old glory days where they can hit everyone in between the thrower and the leader and not just the leader. Those were the stupid days if you ask me.
The roulette is now based on your physical distance from first place as opposed to your position. If you're in second while first is a quarter-lap ahead, you're more likely to get the good stuff. If you're in 8th and everyone else is clustered tightly in front of you, don't expect much outside of mushrooms and shells.

I agree, this game's blue shell is probably the best it's ever been. I don't panic every time it's about to hit me because I know it's no longer an instant one-way ticket to 12th (although it still sucks to receive one ten feet from the finish line and end up in second, but that's blessedly rare now - usually it's a red shell that does that :P), and I like the fact that it can hit other racers too. But I also like that it isn't a guaranteed hit on racers between the user and the person in first - pulling off to the side when it's approaching from behind and watching it whiz by while it smacks the guy who wouldn't let you pass is a very satisfying feeling.

I haven't played online at all yet. If we get some matches going with Ville folks, drop me a line 'cuz I'd definitely be interested, especially during the summer.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:25 pm

ShiftyDevil wrote:I just bought a Wii U for this dumb game, stupid Mortis and Biscuit
I have been really fighting the urge to get one just for this game.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:18 pm

metacide wrote:
ShiftyDevil wrote:I just bought a Wii U for this dumb game, stupid Mortis and Biscuit
I'm right with ya. While I did just make $300 for doing nothing, spending $300 like this is not a smart idea for an unemployed person.

I'm trying to get someone I know to buy one.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:44 am

BigBiker05 wrote:
metacide wrote:
I'm right with ya. While I did just make $300 for doing nothing, spending $300 like this is not a smart idea for an unemployed person.

I'm trying to get someone I know to buy one.
I figured it was worth it. I spent $400 overall (didn't get the MK8 bundle, also got the Pro controller) but out of that I got two other free games (Wind Waker HD and Pikmin 3), which added up to $10 store credit, which was used toward two 3DS virtual console titles (Megaman 5 and 6). Considered Wii Sports Club Bowling for a bit there, but decided against it as it's no different than the Bowling from Wii Sports Resort.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 pm

I finally got the courage to try random-match online play tonight (my online-gaming experience in general has been such that I adamantly refuse to play most games outside of the friendly environment that is The Ville). Won a few races, lost a few races, overall had fun. I really like the easy-chat system between races since it lets you say GG to each other without being able to curse each other out, as many online players seemingly love to do. :P

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:46 am

Will T. wrote: I really like the easy-chat system between races since it lets you say GG to each other without being able to curse each other out, as many online players seemingly love to do. :P
I still wish there was an option to say "Hell no!" to people who say "Go easy on me," or "Shall we get started?" There's actually no "No" message to speak of.

...I say this purely for fun and sarcastic value, I could care less about the other players personally so long as they're not blatantly cheating.