Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Elder Scrolls Online

Post by xXBatmanXx » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:22 am

If anyone jumps in, add me @xXBatmanXx.

Later

-bats
Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Post by metacide » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:00 pm

That looks like a lot of fun, but I don't want to get sucked into another game that I have to pay every month for. Again.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:36 pm

If you bought a deluxe edition, chances are Bethesda is now holding your account hostage for a subscription even though you should have 30 days included with the game purchase.

gg no re.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:04 pm

No thanks
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Curious to hear more feedback after the official release. Putting off buying it. Girlfriend wants to get back into an MMO, but I dont think this will be the one.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:01 am

Come to GW2 jettah, it's far better then ESO :P

Also Angry Joe's impression of the game isn't.... favorable:

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:03 pm

I actually already played and gave up on GW2 like a year ago.
The release was HORRIBLE. For 2 weeks it was nearly impossible to actually play with my girlfriend due to the massive amount of people playing. We could some how never end up in the same channels or servers.

The market was a mess and the buying system, while unique was incredibly confusing and frustrating.

Gameplay was really boring for me, only 10 skills and seemed like repetitive button mashing. Grew tired of it pretty quickly.

After spending 3 years with Aion and the amazing graphics it was like a huge step back to play GW2.

Just picked up Kingdoms of Amalur (single player RPG) on sale on steam and am enjoying it so far.

If you can come up with a good argument Guardian, I might give GW2 another run.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:06 pm

There are F2P mmos that are better than ESO...
(Rift)
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:17 pm

After I posted that, I went home after work and my girlfriend was playing GW2 out of the blue, and loving it. Played all night last night and playing this morning. Amazed.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 pm

how long til f2p
:D

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 pm

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am

jettah wrote:After I posted that, I went home after work and my girlfriend was playing GW2 out of the blue, and loving it. Played all night last night and playing this morning. Amazed.
:lol: Didn't even have to try but:
jettah wrote:I actually already played and gave up on GW2 like a year ago.
The release was HORRIBLE. For 2 weeks it was nearly impossible to actually play with my girlfriend due to the massive amount of people playing. We could some how never end up in the same channels or servers.

The market was a mess and the buying system, while unique was incredibly confusing and frustrating.

Gameplay was really boring for me, only 10 skills and seemed like repetitive button mashing. Grew tired of it pretty quickly.

After spending 3 years with Aion and the amazing graphics it was like a huge step back to play GW2.

Just picked up Kingdoms of Amalur (single player RPG) on sale on steam and am enjoying it so far.

If you can come up with a good argument Guardian, I might give GW2 another run.
1. Alright here's how you switch instances any time you and your girlfriend are seperated: A: Get into the same party. B: Right click the person's name C: Click "Join in X" D: If it's full either have the other player join your instance or have them rezone. At launch the system had some problems but it should be fine unless your attempting to get 150 people into the same instance (which I do btw).

2. Market works with Buy orders and sell orders by players. Basically every buy order you see is the price someone will buy an item at and every sell order is what a seller is willing to sell at right now. If you want to buy something, you can place a buy order and wait for someone to meet it or just buy from a seller which usually means an increased price. Prices are player driven with this system so it may seem confusing but it makes sense and makes for a healthy ingame economy once you get used to it.

3a: You should have access to a second weapon set if your playing most professions which gives you 5 additional skills you can swap in and out of, the point of it is that GW2 wants you have all abilities on hotkey (no clicking allowed). That gives you a total of 15 skills to work with in addition to your profession abilities which are F1, F2, etc. Not enough skills? Elementalists have access to 4 different elemental attunements which each change their weapon skills to 4 different sets of 5 giving 40 weapon skills to work with? Wait what you still want more skills? They can also summon elemental weapons whichs gives you and a friend a new weapon which have their own set of 5 skills and you can equip one in each utility slot.

3b: It is true you can get away with button mashing in a lot of Gw2's early content (especially if your a warrior) however evenly the game will force you to learn how to dodge and if you want to get into dungeons learning how to use your reflect, stealth, combo fields and other skills work. If your bored at easy open world content and are above level 30 I recommend diving into ascalon catacombs story mode, the first level 30 dungeon which functions as a sort of introduction to dungeons.

Also you've come back at a good time, they just implemented a couple of awesome new systems for leveling mainly the megaserver system which should basically mean it'll be easier to bump into random people while leveling (before certain zones were empty) and there's a cool wardrobe system.

O ya and if anyone wants to get into GW2's endgame, I'm currently a leader in TTS the largest guild in GW2 who's purpose is to kill the 2 hardest world events, Tequatl the Sunless and The Triple headed Jungle wurm. If you want in on one of the daily raids my character name is Light Guardian Jack and I can hook you up.

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 pm

I will def give it another look. my post above was in reference to my girlfriend. I still havent touched the game again yet. But I am willing to give it another shot. Might load it up again this weekend.

Oh and Bigbiker, glad to see that my favorite game reviewer (Zero Puncuation) finally weighed in on the game.
Pretty much what I am hearing about it. Should be a single player game that they forced to be an MMO.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm

jettah wrote:Pretty much what I am hearing about it. Should be a single player game that they forced to be an MMO.
I wish games would quit making MMOs and focus on drop-in co-op. For example. I'm playing Skyim. I could allow my steam friends to drop into my world and play as my companion.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:29 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:
jettah wrote:Pretty much what I am hearing about it. Should be a single player game that they forced to be an MMO.
I wish games would quit making MMOs and focus on drop-in co-op. For example. I'm playing Skyim. I could allow my steam friends to drop into my world and play as my companion.
I'm pretty sure there's a mod for that: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2289037