metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Dark Souls II

Post by metacide » Mon May 05, 2014 8:40 am

Except when you are in the Shaded Woods area (wooded area with lots of fog), then it is likely these other figures are enemies that you won't be able to lock onto. Be careful there.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon May 05, 2014 2:24 pm

im def in the forest because, up a ladder theres a almost dead looking white guy with 3 undeads and a sniper
Thanks Sparky

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon May 05, 2014 3:43 pm

So i have 4 weapons and all are broke im only past the white knight how do i get a unbroken weapon?

Someone wanna co op with me i really dont wanna start all over.....
Thanks Sparky

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Mon May 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Perfect Villain wrote:So i have 4 weapons and all are broke im only past the white knight how do i get a unbroken weapon?
A weapon is fully repaired whenever you rest at a bonfire except if it's broken, then you need to repair at a blacksmith. You are literally 1 bonfire away from being able to get access to the blacksmith in Majula, but you're also at the start of the first area in the game so you won't lose much of anything be resetting.

And the first area you're suppose to go to is The Forest of Fallen Giants. (sounds like you're already there)

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Mon May 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Perfect Villain wrote:So i have 4 weapons and all are broke im only past the white knight how do i get a unbroken weapon?

Someone wanna co op with me i really dont wanna start all over.....
managing the health of your weapons is pretty important early game. Later game it gets way easier to mitigate this.

Early on I -strongly- suggest carrying two weapons on your quick bar.

As Bronze said, resting at a bonfire will fill a weapons health unless it's completely broken. Easiest way to tell is open your inventory, does the weapon/item have a jaggy line across it? If so a blacksmith has to fix it, a bonfire wont.

I don't think you can co-op yet, I know for sure you can shortly past the next bonfire, you certainly wont be able to be summoned, but it may be possible to summon people to help you. To find out, I'd suggest going to any bonfire outside Majula, turn yourself human and look for white soap stone signs. They are similar to the orange messages, they'll be on the ground, but will be one line of text, and will be colored white. Those are friendly players that can be summoned to help you.

If you want, I can get a fresh character to you very quickly and help you out. Add me to steam friends and we can figure it out.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon May 05, 2014 6:33 pm

i turn to human by having souls right?
Thanks Sparky

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 pm

You are human when your health bar is capable of being completely full (i.e. you haven't died).
If not you are a hollow. You reverse your hollowing (and turn back into a human) by either being summoned and helping others until your "duty is fulfilled" or by using a human effigy. You probably have a few human effigies so you could always use one of those but be careful. If you die then you are no longer human again and will have to use another, or help another person, if you want to try summoning other people again.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Ok, I ran a fresh character to where I can get the soap stone, you should be able to summon me now.

What level are you? I didn't spend any of the souls I grabbed.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon May 05, 2014 10:10 pm

no idea what you mean by level?
Thanks Sparky

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue May 06, 2014 8:39 am

ShiftyDevil wrote:What level are you? I didn't spend any of the souls I grabbed.
Perfect Villain wrote:no idea what you mean by level?
In Dark Souls 1 to be able to summon another player to your world in order to assist you there was a level range both people had to be. This made so you would always summon someone close to your level and keep things balanced. In-game this is specifically called "Soul Level" and should be the number in the top left under your character's stats.

However, in Dark Souls 2 they changed the way all matchmaking is done. They added a now feature called Soul Mass. It is the total number of all souls gathered throughout your entire playthrough. It doesn't matter if you spent them, lost them, or anything else, that number will always go up. Now, In Dark Souls 2 all matchmaking parameters are done only based on Soul Mass, not your character's level.

If both you and a player are level 100 but person X has a Soul Mass of 1 million souls and person Y has a Soul Mass of 250k souls, then you two won't be able to play together.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Tue May 06, 2014 9:50 am

is there a way to improve your stamina bar

Well i made a new toon and switched from the shield wielder to a dual sword wielder and though it took me a death or 2 i made it to the campfire and just bought the key only bad part i dont need it currently on this one

But would still like to co op if your on later shifty, let me know
Thanks Sparky

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 am

Perfect Villain wrote:is there a way to improve your stamina bar
You increase stamina by increasing your Endurance. And you level up by talking to the Emerald Herald in Majula.

Also there's a well in Majula that if you attack the rock an item that increases your Estus use appears.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Tue May 06, 2014 2:26 pm

yep i found the well, it currently says im level 12 on both, is that the level you start at?
Thanks Sparky

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue May 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Perfect Villain wrote:yep i found the well, it currently says im level 12 on both, is that the level you start at?
The starting level depends on which class you start as. Some classes start at level 12, some don't.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Tue May 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:
ShiftyDevil wrote:What level are you? I didn't spend any of the souls I grabbed.
Perfect Villain wrote:no idea what you mean by level?
In Dark Souls 1 to be able to summon another player to your world in order to assist you there was a level range both people had to be. This made so you would always summon someone close to your level and keep things balanced. In-game this is specifically called "Soul Level" and should be the number in the top left under your character's stats.

However, in Dark Souls 2 they changed the way all matchmaking is done. They added a now feature called Soul Mass. It is the total number of all souls gathered throughout your entire playthrough. It doesn't matter if you spent them, lost them, or anything else, that number will always go up. Now, In Dark Souls 2 all matchmaking parameters are done only based on Soul Mass, not your character's level.

If both you and a player are level 100 but person X has a Soul Mass of 1 million souls and person Y has a Soul Mass of 250k souls, then you two won't be able to play together.
I specifically avoided killing everything possible to keep my soul memory from going up.