A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
InBOUND HD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loadout is out!!!!

Post by InBOUND HD » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Well, now that Loadout is free 2 play and out of beta, who plans on getting it. I want to try it, since i love customization and i want to see what i can make with my character and my loadout!

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Loadout is out!!!!

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:17 am

It's pretty good for a f2p, but you get the usual f2p problems, bad/rude players.

The weapon customization is great but many builds are just crap. But there are still many that work.

Real money store is pretty expensive, but it's all Xp boost and aesthetics. No real impact on gameplay.

Many features aren't in-game yet, for example voip.

Many times you can't find a server to play. Devs said they didn't think nearly this many people would play on launch day.

Also, there is a bro-code you can use when creating new accounts. With this, both you and the parent account will get extra XP when playing together. If you played smnc you already have an account. My bro-code is http://www.loadout.com/account/create/?bro=68855 and I plan to be playing a lot if you want to use mine!

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:56 am

I've been playing it since it first went early access. While the game has gone through significant changes it's still fun as hell. Don't think of it as TF2 because of the art, it's nothing like TF2 and it's actually more comparable to games like Quake or Unreal. There's nothing gameplay wise you can buy; the only things you'll buy with cash are cosmetics, taunts, and spots to save your guns. I say give it a try. Be warned though, there's a very high player traffic problem right now that the devs weren't expecting. In closed testing the max players that ever happened at one point was 1,200. At one point today the game had 27,000 people playing at once. Needless to say they weren't expecting such a turnout and the matchmaking system is totally hammered as a result. Expect long waits for a few days. Worst comes to worst, change the download region and try playing on EU or AUS servers.

Expect douchebag players, that's a given with any online shooter. It's especially bad in my case: I have a Founder's Badge which was granted for buying the "Absolute Badass" pack during early closed beta. All it says is that I was willing to pay a retail price for the game to support it's development and I wasn't granted anything game breaking (all it was was a handful of cosmetic pieces and 32,000 Spacebux), but it seems that many of the free players see that badge as a symbol of "pay to win" and won't stop raging at me as a result. Just makes it more fun to shoot them in the face later then taunt over their corpse.

A fair warning, Loadout is extremely graphic and profane. If the game supported dedicated servers it wouldn't be one we'd have here at TheVille since if the game were rated by the ESRB, it would likely have an AO rating. Case in point, the most expensive cosmetic piece in the game is the ability to remove one of the character's pants entirely. It's pixellated, but it's still there and it's incredibly detailed. There's a nudity/gore/profanity filter you can turn on in the options menu. Any items classified as nudity will become a pair of polka-dot boxer shorts.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:A fair warning, Loadout is extremely graphic and profane. If the game supported dedicated servers it wouldn't be one we'd have here at TheVille since if the game were rated by the ESRB, it would likely have an AO rating. Case in point, the most expensive cosmetic piece in the game is the ability to remove one of the character's pants entirely. It's pixellated, but it's still there and it's incredibly detailed.
WHY WONT THIS DOWNLOAD FASTER

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 pm

This game is crazy. I'd love to play with some fellow villuns sometime.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:41 pm

We should deferentially get a group together sometime soon, this game is a blast.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Peahats
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Peahats » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:17 am

NerevarineKing wrote:We should deferentially get a group together sometime soon, this game is a blast.
I think its integral that we do!