TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Rust

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 pm

The Domer wrote:According to Reddit, everyone in this game just runs around naked.
Correct.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:04 pm

The Domer wrote:According to Reddit, everyone in this game just runs around naked.
Naked people hitting each other with rocks.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Me and some friends are having some really good fun
Thanks Sparky

Gearloose
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gearloose » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:00 pm

There is a bolt action rifle, with awesome range, but it's slow to reload and only holds three rounds at a time. It's best for PvP I think; I prefer the shotgun for hunting.

I really liked the replacement of zombies with red animals - they're easier to hunt and give the same drops.

I've given up on Rust now until the gameplay changes more in favor of PvE; I had finally got established on a server with few or no thieves, had a well hidden and reasonably secure wood house, and was elated to start finding metal house parts, when the next day they reset the server. Emotional high followed by crushing emotional low = no thanks!

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Gearloose wrote:I've given up on Rust now until the gameplay changes more in favor of PvE; I had finally got established on a server with few or no thieves, had a well hidden and reasonably secure wood house, and was elated to start finding metal house parts, when the next day they reset the server. Emotional high followed by crushing emotional low = no thanks!
You did pay for a game in alpha :P
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Gearloose
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gearloose » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:21 pm

TheCarpe wrote:You did pay for a game in alpha :P
Yes, and I don't regret it - I did enjoy it obsessively for a few weeks, and I still think it could be good in the future. According to what I've read about the development plans, I expect it to be quite a different experience within a year or so. I might even go back sooner, after the burn has worn off.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:32 pm

My friends started a server if anyone wanted a server to play on
Thanks Sparky

eumoria
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Blizzard tag: eumoria#1944

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by eumoria » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

My friends play a whole bunch and it's a great griefing simulator.

Their favorite thing to do it go out fully kitted with kevlar and guns, find two naked new players with rocks and make them rock fight to the death. They give the winner a gun. The game is really what you make of it.

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:48 pm

lol to all.

I was actually on for a little while last night and someone in chat said they were being held hostage in a room. I guess someone built a house and set a code on the door, let someone in, and then changed the lock combo. I laughed a little but didn't say anything, he was asking for help, but was not sure if serious, and sounded like a trap, feel free to insert the necessary gif's/meme's for the statements I just made.

I basically am just logging in every night to make sure my house is still standing, repair my "fences" and do an occasional run into the radiation areas to see if I can acquire any new materials. Still waiting for the rifle to appear, I still use my bow to hunt everything for the most part and no new metal parts. Did find kevlar helmet last night, so I only need the chest to complete the set.

I am curious to see where the game leads. It has some great potential in both directions.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:41 pm

jettah wrote:lol to all.

I was actually on for a little while last night and someone in chat said they were being held hostage in a room. I guess someone built a house and set a code on the door, let someone in, and then changed the lock combo. I laughed a little but didn't say anything, he was asking for help, but was not sure if serious, and sounded like a trap, feel free to insert the necessary gif's/meme's for the statements I just made.

I basically am just logging in every night to make sure my house is still standing, repair my "fences" and do an occasional run into the radiation areas to see if I can acquire any new materials. Still waiting for the rifle to appear, I still use my bow to hunt everything for the most part and no new metal parts. Did find kevlar helmet last night, so I only need the chest to complete the set.

I am curious to see where the game leads. It has some great potential in both directions.
I looted all the metal pieces yesterday except pillars... we got a bunch of research kits so we are doing that

ip

net.connect 108.62.21.186

port

If you would like to play with us, currently most people are on in the evening hoping to change that soon
Thanks Sparky

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:34 pm

I will consider it PV. I am just not jazzed to have to start over on a new server with nothing. I imagine nothing transfers with the player and its all server-based. Where is the server located?

The server I am on is essentially dead, which I am ok with right now.

Last night while hauling butt back to my house in the dusk of the day, cleared the road of 6 red animals to find metal walls and metal ramp. Also managed kevlar chest design during the run.
Metal ceiling is all I need to construct my new house.
Still no sign of the bolt action, and oddly, the wiki i use for my map does not show it as a weapon option. Also never seen the MP5, but I don't really need/want it.

Also, I think in a recent update they changed that when you are chopping at spike walls, even at a reasonable distance, you will now randomly bleed. Previously, when chopping one down, I would just take damage, now there is bleeding...beware. I was remodeling my defensive perimeter, not breaking into anyone's place.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:04 pm

jettah wrote:I will consider it PV. I am just not jazzed to have to start over on a new server with nothing. I imagine nothing transfers with the player and its all server-based. Where is the server located?

The server I am on is essentially dead, which I am ok with right now.

Last night while hauling butt back to my house in the dusk of the day, cleared the road of 6 red animals to find metal walls and metal ramp. Also managed kevlar chest design during the run.
Metal ceiling is all I need to construct my new house.
Still no sign of the bolt action, and oddly, the wiki i use for my map does not show it as a weapon option. Also never seen the MP5, but I don't really need/want it.

Also, I think in a recent update they changed that when you are chopping at spike walls, even at a reasonable distance, you will now randomly bleed. Previously, when chopping one down, I would just take damage, now there is bleeding...beware. I was remodeling my defensive perimeter, not breaking into anyone's place.

Oh if you come we have a few spare bolt actions and mp4 and mp5 and nothing transfers sadly.... But would love to have you!
I'm not entirely sure but the connection isnt terrible and the ping is usually under 100 at all times
Thanks Sparky

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 am

Added you to my friends list PV, and joined the server last night. Got a small house setup in the Spain Valley area and introduced myself. The people on at the time said there were 2 guys to watch out for who broke into some houses and "asked people to surrender".
Will be on later today to finish my house and make some upgrades.

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Anyone have any rust updates to report?

The original server I started on has disappeared with the last update. Luckily I got started on the "shortbus" server that PV recommended. And just in case, got started on another server as well.

I prefer to play this game with nobody else really in the server. The concept and survival involved in the game is terrifying enough at times without worrying about up to 99 other people.

Server size should be reduced to a max of 15-20 in my opinion.

First metal house built yesterday, interested to see how that goes. However, still have not found M4 on the server that I have literally everything else discovered.