Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Terraria 1.2

Post by Larry » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:35 pm

VIEW CONTENT:
So i thought this was funny...
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Anyone know about the new chests in the dungeon? I saw four distinctive chests last night that all needed a different key type. I remember one looked like ice and that was about it. Maybe a slime one or something. I should have taken pictures but I think they made the angry bones spawn faster.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm

They are biome chests. You need the key from the matching biome. The drop rates are super low, but the items inside can be pretty crazy. I think there is a staff in a ice chest that can summon a minion that does a 125 per hit.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:46 pm

6Larry9 wrote:They are biome chests. You need the key from the matching biome. The drop rates are super low, but the items inside can be pretty crazy. I think there is a staff in a ice chest that can summon a minion that does a 125 per hit.
Interesting, I was trying to find any info on the wiki and couldn't find a thing last night. Maybe I'll try and find one of these 'elusive' keys. Though, it would make sense with the way the chests both looked and the way the key looked when I tried to figure out how to open them. I was thinking that maybe it was some neat little dungeon dynamic they added-- oh, well.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:20 am

I found a spider cave in my single player server. Aside from being completely infested and having too many cobwebs to count, I found a single treasure box in it. The prize: a Web Slinger. How many of us thought the Ivy Whip was awesome? The Web Slinger is pretty much a grapple hook, but with eight hooks instead of the three you get from an Ivy Whip. It's a little less useful for climbing than the Ivy Whip, but still an eight-hook grapple in an underground cave is pretty damn cool.

Also, misadventures in channeling lava; again on my single player server.
VIEW CONTENT:

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:32 am

Good news, the helivator is up and running on Nking's server although I had to move around lava instead of just mining through it because the water wouldn't cooperate with me it seems.

I think we should aim to raid the dungeon and mine up some hellstone tomorrow.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:01 am

You know the Dungeon Guardians, those giant skulls that have 9000 health, 9000 defense, and deal 9999 damage per hit and only appear when you enter the dungeon before beating Skeletron?

If you actually defeat one, you get an otherwise unobtainable item that summons a miniature Skeletron skull that will fight for you.

I'm almost tempted to try to kill one of them. Almost. :P

Zork Nemesis wrote:I found a spider cave in my single player server. Aside from being completely infested and having too many cobwebs to count, I found a single treasure box in it. The prize: a Web Slinger. How many of us thought the Ivy Whip was awesome? The Web Slinger is pretty much a grapple hook, but with eight hooks instead of the three you get from an Ivy Whip. It's a little less useful for climbing than the Ivy Whip, but still an eight-hook grapple in an underground cave is pretty damn cool.

I found one of those nests but ended up dismissing it as treasure-less after spending an hour fighting through and dying a ton of times without finding anything. Looks like I should pay that place another visit...

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:07 pm

Pine wrote:[The Queen Bee] gave me a couple special items which included the following:
A Vanity shirt which looks like a bee's exterior
A sword which does 25 damage, can cause confusion, and can summon bees when you get a successful hit
Beenades which are grenades that summon a swarm of bees after exploding.
I fought her after practically getting a jump scare out of finding the beehive in the first place (bees freak me out in real life). I managed to get the sword and a pack of beenades, I also got a hat instead of a shirt and a trophy mount of one of her arms to put on my wall at home.

Apparently most, if not all bosses have a chance to drop a trophy wall detail. It's not guarenteed as I got a Brain of Cthulhu trophy after fighting it seven or eight times. I have yet to find the Eye or Skeletron trophy (if Skeletron even has one; as far as I know he's still a one-time boss).

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:Apparently most, if not all bosses have a chance to drop a trophy wall detail. It's not guarenteed as I got a Brain of Cthulhu trophy after fighting it seven or eight times. I have yet to find the Eye or Skeletron trophy (if Skeletron even has one; as far as I know he's still a one-time boss).
If you equip a Clothier Voodoo Doll (dropped by Skeletron) at night while getting the Clothier killed (requires lava, darts, or monsters since you can't hurt him yourself), you can re-summon Skeletron. It was added in this update, probably to aid in getting the trophy. You only get a 10% chance at the trophy after each fight according to the Wiki; that's 10 worlds' worth of dungeons on average you'd have to find to get a single trophy if he'd remained a one-time boss...

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:30 am

Will T. wrote:You know the Dungeon Guardians, those giant skulls that have 9000 health, 9000 defense, and deal 9999 damage per hit and only appear when you enter the dungeon before beating Skeletron?

If you actually defeat one, you get an otherwise unobtainable item that summons a miniature Skeletron skull that will fight for you.

I'm almost tempted to try to kill one of them. Almost. :P
I have full turtle armor, wonder if I pop a thorns potions how much damage I'll do.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:27 am

Hardmode achieved on my single player server. Having a Star Cannon, Phoenix Blaster, and plenty of ammo helped. Here's what I've seen so far compared to pre 1.2 Hardmode.

-Like the four natural metals, hardmode metals have alternates. You have Cobalt/Palladium, Mythril/Orchalium, and Adamantite/Titanium
--The full Palladium armor set has "increased life generation when attacking enemies" as its bonus. The regen lasts five seconds after hitting something.
-Cobalt/Palladium drills can now mine everything, not just the next tier up.
-Unless I don't see it, there's no longer a fourth tier for combining everything (such as crafting together all three drills with a few souls yields an even better one).
-I might be mistaken, but I got a Mechanical Worm (Destroyer spawn trigger) as a drop from a random Crimson mob. I didn't think that could happen.
-And further on that note, I had the Twins spawn on me without any provocation. That didn't happen to me the last time I played hardmode.
-Biome Chest keys for the dungeon are hardmode drops. I found one in the Underground Crimson. Getting back to the Crimson chest in the Dungeon is a completely different story.
-The underground Crimson has the same music as the surface Crimson.
-Not related to hardmode: Space has its own music piece now. If you can get platforms into Space, you also have lower gravity. It's possible for Sky Islands to generate high enough to be considered in Space.
-Also not related to hardmode: Gravitation potions now completely flip the world (in your perspective), not your character sprite.

I'm working on getting around hardmode, but it's not exactly a walk in the park. Like I mentioned, trying to reach the Crimson chest in the Dungeon is painful. I'm getting eviscerated about twenty feet in.

In between getting eviscerated though, I found a Keyblade on a random skeleton. Not kidding, a Kingdom Hearts Kingdom Key.

Multiplayer news, I have a 1,000 block bridge built in Hell on NKing's server for whenever we feel like smashing the Wall of Flesh. I figure if I was able to trash it so quickly on my own we could probably level that thing faster than anything.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 am

Well I'm personally ready for hard-mode.

Found a lucky horseshoe, got a legendary Night's Edge, loaded a Phoneix blaster with meteor bullets, armed myself with molton armor and snatched a colbalt shield from the dungeon.

We should probably prepare the house tomorrow before activating hard mode to protect our home turf a bit better.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 am

Guardian wrote:We should probably prepare the house tomorrow before activating hard mode to protect our home turf a bit better.
This is true, I had a Werewolf Blood Moon and was so overwhelmed I had to flee to a sky island and hide in one of the houses up there. I'd rather get swarmed by harpies than werewolves, though the occasional wyvern makes things challenging.

Also i'm going to cheat and help out with hardmode gear; namely I have wings, palladium gear, a keyblade, and crystal bullets.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 am

I started hardmode on my sp as well. I have so far Palladium armor and an assortment of other hardmode gear.

A Harmode Skeletron spawned on me after I mirrored back to my spawn. I died almost instantly.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 am

I have been unable to find any hives in the jungle, nor can I figure out how to make the jungle boss (plantera?) spawn. On the other side, the "jungle dungeon," which is supposed to be like the very last boss, is actually available to me now as there was a hole in the wall that allowed me to circumvent needing to get the key.