Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Terraria 1.2

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 pm

1.2 is live.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:21 am

Already made a single player world.

Out of curiosity can you bring single player stuff to a multiplayer server?

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:19 am

Guardian wrote:Out of curiosity can you bring single player stuff to a multiplayer server?
While I'm not sure myself, I'm pretty sure you can bring along any item in your character's possession.

So I put four hours straight into one world. It's worth restarting as there's a ton of new stuff already. Here's what I've seen:

-The mini-map in the corner first off. It shows every place you've seen on screen that's been illuminated at some point (if a jellyfish spawns in the corner, you'll see it on the map even if you can't get there). It also shows player and NPC locations. You can expand it by pausing and clicking the pamphlet icon in the corner next to it. You can also use Tab to change it from a mini-map to an overlay, or to get rid of it.
-There's now two music pieces that can play on the standard overworld during the daytime.
-Inventory space is considerably increased. Your character has ten extra item slots and chests have twice as much space as before.
-To help the inventory space, blocks, walls, and ammo now stack to 999 instead of 250. Most other items' stacking values haven't changed (99 torches, 30 potions, etc).
-You can travel up one-block height slopes without jumping, even if they're not technically a slope; kind of like stairs now. Because of this, you can actually jump slightly higher out of a hole.
-The hammer's functionality has changed. While it still breaks background walls, it is no longer used to smash everything else (furniture, chests, etc. The pickaxe now does that). The hammer now allows you to reshape blocks that have been placed: by hammering a block you can make it half-height or turn it into a slope.
-Ropes. They can be found in pots or purchased from the Merchant. You can string up ropes to climb vertically. By crafting ten together you can make a coil which can be thrown and attached to a ceiling. Iron chains can also be used for climbing.
-Speaking of chains, you now make them in packs of ten.
-For starting players there's a wooden armor set now. Basic defense (three plus one for set bonus) with no resell value but it gives you a fighting chance against your first night of Zombies.
-I've already encountered two new NPC shops: a dye seller and a painter. How I got them to show up I don't know.
-It randomly rains. Don't know what it does beyond spawning special slimes with umbrellas, though it's got a cool music piece to go with it.
-Some creatures seem to spawn with different sprites and health. Zombies and Demon Eyes can have different health and speeds (but are still within reason).
-The Corruption biome is completely overhauled. Rather than the rotting grey look it had before, it's now blood red and incredibly terrifying looking. It no longer generates random chasm pitfalls, instead caves are formed that lead from the surface to the underground gradually, similar to the Dungeon but without entry restriction. Furthermore the enemies are different; while you still have Eaters (Crimeras now), you also have Blood Crawlers (Spiders that can travel along the walls in the caves) and Face Monsters (Zombies). There's also a new music piece to go with it.
-The Snow biome now spawns ice (I didn't have ice in my last world's Snow biome). Slippery as usual. Also spawns Zombie Eskimos at night and Ice Slimes during the day.
-Ocean, Snow, and Desert biomes now have new music and the Ocean chests have a new appearance.
-The Dungeon is built from different blocks. I haven't gotten in yet to see what else is new.
-There's new accessory items. So far I've found an Umbrella and a Climbing Claw. The Umbrella allows for parachuting when active while the Climbing Claw gives you the ability to perform wall jumps Super Meat Boy style.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 am

I spawned a new world and started right next to the snow biome. One word: Penguins.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:23 am

The ice biome seems to be a biome they want you to visit before corruption or jungle. I went in with iron armor and I was fine.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:55 am

Guardian wrote:Already made a single player world.

Out of curiosity can you bring single player stuff to a multiplayer server?
Anything you have in your inventory carries over from single to multiplayer. Also a piggy bank and a safe carry items through single and multiplayer and can be accessed only by you. Like an Ender Chest from Minecraft. You can have only one safe and one piggy cause each holds their respective inventory space. I like to use them when I mine deep down to safely bring up a lot of items.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:24 pm

So here I am, in the middle of a 10-hour work day, and all I can think about is getting home to play some Terraria. :mrgreen:

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:26 pm

I ran around for about half an hour in a new world last night. Really liking the sloped blocks; they're subtle, but they add so much to the world. The ability to walk up 1-block ledges is also incredibly nice, although I noticed that I can get up ledges in narrow caves that I can't get back down because the ceiling is too low. Felt a little awkward.

Did the world generator get changed at all beyond the slopes and the plethora of new blocks, biomes, and misc. scenery elements (those smashable rocks in the forest, the background walls that have flowers or something on them, etc.)? I feel like the shapes that generated in my new world were much more interesting than in previous worlds. I got some super-lucky random shapes including a hill shaped like a pirate ship (complete with trees as masts! I'll have to get a screenshot to show it off) and an undercut hill shaped like a horse's head.

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:13 pm

I played a good chunk last night and have yet to find any of the old ores. I've got almost a complete set of lead gear and a platinum pickaxe-- but haven't seen hide nor hair of even so much as copper.

I did get an Eskimo hat and shirt any found a gold chest with a flare gun. Not very strong but may have a 100 percent chance of causing burning.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

I found a freaking awesome thing in a gold chest underground. An Extractificator. When placed you can feed it silt or slush blocks (slush being the snow biome's silt) and it coughs up all sorts of cool goodies: ores, gems, and coins. Given that silt/slush stacks to a thousand you can get a ton of useful stuff by collecting it.

In terms of world generation, the only major differences I've noted is that Corruption bimoe now follows a new set of rules. Rather than spawning gaping pitfalls it now builds like a regular biome but tends to spawn sprawling caves out of the bloodstone that reach the surface. I meant to go exploring one but I got unlucky and had a Blood Moon that night; I didn't think copper gear would've been enough. I will note though that the new variety of creatures to find in Corrputed biomes is cool.

Ice caverns are cool (no pun intended). All I really have to say about that.

I also found a Spike Shoe which works with the Climbing Claw. With both equipped I can cling to walls entirely (just one has you slide slowly down the wall). Cave exploration is super easy now with the one-block steps, rope coils, climbing gear, parachutes, and ability to carry blocks by the thousand.

Speaking of ores, I've found copper, iron, and gold naturally, also tungsten which is new. Using the Extractificator I've also found silver, platinum, tin, and lead. Demonite seems to have been renamed; it's now Crimeron or something like that. The weapons you can build from it look really cool.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Vi Deo wrote:I played a good chunk last night and have yet to find any of the old ores. I've got almost a complete set of lead gear and a platinum pickaxe-- but haven't seen hide nor hair of even so much as copper.

I did get an Eskimo hat and shirt any found a gold chest with a flare gun. Not very strong but may have a 100 percent chance of causing burning.
So I read that what ores you get is randomized, which is cool. Though what sucks is that in the 30 minutes I played last night I only found the standard ores from before, copper, iron, silver, and the old corruption instead of the crimson or whatever the new thing is.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:02 pm

If anyone wants to do multiplayer, just let me know. I have a server up and running, hopefully it will hold up.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm

I'll probably be able to play in about three hours or so. You can send me the connect information on Steam and I'll see it when I get home from school.

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Glad I have a reason to pick this game up again, i had a great time on it and wouldn't mind playing again. Most of my gear got sent to different characters as i let my nephews play so starting brand new is kinda what would have had to have happened anyways.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:33 am

So it sounds like randomly generated worlds can have unique features now. You might get one thing, you might get something else. So far here's what I've heard:

Corruption and Blood biomes. I haven't seen the old Corruption since 1.2, but Guardian claims his 1.2 world built it. Has different enemy sets and whatnot, including a different boss when you shatter three of the hearts (in place of the orbs).

Copper/Tin, Iron/Lead, Silver/Tungsten, Gold/Platinum. You'll get one of each of the four naturally occuring. It seems that while the functionality is the same, some items can't be crafted with some metals. You can't make a lead pocketwatch for example. Using an Extractificator you can get any of the eight ores from silt/slush blocks.