A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Everquest Next

Post by SilverOne » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:21 pm

You guys see the announcement yesterday at soe live? Was very interesting.

Can apply for the beta :)

https://www.everquestnext.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4nswWwgLEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDq2a3zy ... RKQJ8qMNuc
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Everquest Next

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Still, I won't play anything that is on SOE.

l33tOMGlolz!11!shift
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l33tOMGlolz!11!shift » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:06 am

I played EQ 1 for over 10 years. Was a Best-of-the-best pvp winner, helped run a raiding guild for a few years, etc. I've been eagerly awaiting what this was going to reveal. I had the pleasure of chatting with Dave Georgeson at the bar during PAX East this year and bend his ear a bit. They definitely know the issues of MMOs today so I'm hopeful they will address it.

EQ1 was a LOT of fun for many years. I'll be signing up for this.
-OS/2

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:27 pm

I am interested to hear more, l33t. It is likely that we crossed paths in EQ, back in the day. I was a Senior Guide on Solusek Ro, and ran all of that server's quests and events for quite some time. That time encompassed all of the Best of the Best tourneys, as well as the Test of Teams. As a result, I also was present at nearly every one of the Test Server finals events, where you champions duked it out. :-D

Just out of curiosity, what was your class and server? Name? Guild? :-D I always enjoy meeting old EQ vets. I was Keplar the Storyteller as Senior Guide on Solusek Ro, and played on Quellious as Kridgerkanthar Exubitorsylvae, a ranger with the guild At Death's Door.

Sadly, I share Biker's dislike of SOE as a result of extensively volunteering with them and seeing how they treat customers internally, but it definitely was a fun game for quite some time.
-Boss Llama

l33tOMGlolz!11!shift
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l33tOMGlolz!11!shift » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:23 am

Early on my char was a Druid. I played on the Bristlebane server exclusively. His name was Phreaky Bynayture. I won the druid BotB on our server but didn't win the cross server competition. I was also on the ToT winning team for BB and took part in the cross server competition as well. At the dawn of raiding I used to do Veeshan's Peak, and Temple of Veeshan with Club Fu on BB. I wasn't a member (I was actually in a more casual guild called Companions of the Gate) but was a friend of Pouty's (Club Fu GL) so I was always welcome to attend.

I played a Druid from start until Luclin. I dropped him at that point because druids had become a waste of time. That was later corrected (in PoP) but it was too frustrating to continue so I rolled a monk. His name was Taiqwon. I played him as my main and did most of my raiding with him. At that time I wanted to actually be in a raiding guild and joined Veeshan's Fury. I was a member there for at least 7 years, was an officer for a long while and helped lead the guild through GoD, Omens of War, Dragons of Norrath, and the beginning of DoDH. I then quit for almost a year due to burnout.

I came back and made my necro my main as I was really looking to play someone that didn't have the group baggage that monks did. That char's name was Morrbidd. I continued to raid on that char for a while until my interest in the game finally petered out about 2 years ago. The game was fun but it's just gotten silly in terms of the amount of UI/controls needed and the scale of things are either: A) you're in control and going to do fine or B) You're all dead. No play at all. The lack of players makes it hard to group and do stuff as well.

I'm very much looking forward to a reset. Since EQ I've tried Vindictus, Tera, Secret World, GW2 and each can be fun for a short while but none have the longevity of a game like EQ.

I always prided myself on figuring out how to take down mobs in ways that weren't obvious. Soloing things that shouldn't be soloable, doing things that sound nuts, etc. As you may recall when they introduced the epic quests, the druid one entailed taking down a dragon in timorous deep. It was on a 3 day timer like the rest of them but the problem here was this one had a pathing bug where it would hit a wall somewhere underwater and just poof. You needed to be around to kite him (over water back when Spirit of Eagle didn't exist) along with his breath casting dispels, etc. Well long story short I got him to spawn at 8am on a Saturday on Christmas Eve! I kited him for 5 hours while a guildmate rallied people as they logged in to get a suitable force together (~6 groups) to take him down for me. I never wanted to hug so many people through a computer before! I'll always remember crap like that because it's all about the community to make those memories.
-OS/2

DDYzErO
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DDYzErO » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 am

I haven't played EQ since it came out. So I signed up for the Beta just to check it out.