Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Super Smash Bros.: Wii U / 3DS

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:34 am

InBOUND HD wrote:DLCs eh? Oooo lets get the whole DK Crew in the game. All we need is Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, and Chunky Kong. Nintendo make the dream happen!!!!
There may potentially be rights issues there. How much of the Donkey Kong Country content is actually Nintendo's property? How much is still owned by Rare/Microsoft after the sale?

Same reason we haven't seen any non-Mario characters from Super Mario RPG as Square may potentially hold rights to those characters as well.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:20 am

Clocking in at 35 minutes, THE ANNOUNCER is here to tell us ~50 facts about Smash Wii-U that aren't in Smash 3DS.
The end of the video is the reveal trailer for one of the unlockable characters. Stop after 31:xx if you don't want to see it.

I'll have to go over it later for information. Lots to watch.

Ok, here's some of the stuff I picked up.

-The initial roster is larger, Ness and Jigglypuff will be available from the get-go.
-HD Resolutions, obviously. The 3DS displays at 400 x 240 while the Wii-U is 1920 x 1080
-8-Player mode. Some stages are considerably larger to accommodate this with the smaller stages not supporting it. Online play won't support it either and will tend to shy away from the huge stages when choosing one.
-Some stages will have damage spots, such as the new Kirby stage based on The Great Cave Offensive. Acting like any other damage floor in previous games, however these floors will cause a KO if you have more than 100% damage upon contact.
-One of the new stages is a Miiverse version of Battlefield, though it won't be available at launch. Miiverse posts about the characters battling will fly around in the background; I hope Nintendo has content checking in place or I feel like that stage will become a sausage-fest.
-Pit, Palutena, and Viridii will have conversations similar to Snake and co. when playing on Palutena's Temple if Pit is a participant. Similarly you will be able to listen to radio chatter from the Star Fox team in Orbital Gate.
-Gaur Plains returns, however the big bad of Xenoblade (at least I think he is) will attack the players at night.
-Ridley battles against and alongside players in the new Metroid themed stage (not quite a playable character). He counts as a KO point to the player who kills him.
-Coin battle returns. Unenthusiastic yay! Stamina mode also returns, as does the special option battle where you can set statuses before fighting (metal, flower, curry, etc).
-Classic mode advances based on how well you do. It is also prone to somewhat random events. The difficulty slider from the 3DS version is used again. 2-Player Co-op is also available for Classic.
-All-Star plays in reverse-chronological order this time. Once again 2P Co-op is possible.
-Event matches. 2P Co-op event matches too.
-Smash Tour, in place of Smash Run, is sort of like a board game. Hard to sum this one up, we'll have to wait and see it when it's out.
-Target Blast is slightly different; there's three possible target patterns and the second bomb is now larger.
-Stadium can be played multiplayer. Multi-Man battle can be done with 4P Co-op. Home-Run Contest can be done either with 2P Co-op or 4P taking turns, while Target Blast is 4P Taking Turns.
-Special Orders mode: Take requests from Master Hand or Crazy Hand to score loot.
--Master Orders will set you up with three challenges at a time. You get a reward based on the difficulty, but cannot try the same event again if you fail.
--Crazy Orders gives you a set time limit to clear as many challenges as possible before you engage the Crazy Hand in combat. Defeating the Crazy Hand lets you keep everything, failure equals losing everything, so knowing when to stop is crucial.
-Every controller compatible with the Wii and Wii-U will be usable for Smash Bros (except the Balance Board), including the Gamecube Controller and even your 3DS if you own the 3DS version. Controls can also be remapped to best suit your playstyle.
-You can migrate all custom characters to and from the two versions. All of their equipment goes with them.
-More trophies. Diorama mode also returns.
-Trophy Rush is available in 2P Co-op.
-Masterpieces returns with many more game options. Once again it's all short time-limit demos, but there's a lot of them.
-Tournament modes to be implemented later, will allow for up to 64 players with all matches being able to be watched on replay.
-Using the gamepad you'll be able to draw on screenshots you take.
-When playing with Friends, voice chat will be available except while the fight is going on.
-Two players can battle in Online Team Smash simultaneously from one console.
-Stage builder. Holy crap it looks way better then the one in Brawl. Just skip to 29:12 and see for yourself.
-All of the character reveal trailers will be watchable in HD in-game.
-Mewtwo's official reveal. Dated Spring 2015.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:32 am

Bonus: Physics need not apply to Wario.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:42 am

One more thing. I've been lurking around the Smash Bros. Reddit recently. The 1.0.3 Patch appears to have introduced a very nasty glitch for those of you who play For Glory online. Should you incur a penalty of any sort while playing For Glory, there's lots of reports of this causing you to be banned from playing for 136 years! Do not interrupt your match, do not bully players, and don't cheat or else you might get permanently locked out of For Glory mode.

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:Do not interrupt your match, do not bully players, and don't cheat or else you might get permanently locked out of For Glory mode.
Do they have some sort of server watching us? Because I remember just sitting there rematching a Little Mac 30 times and winning 30 times, and nothing happened. o.o

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Maple Man wrote:
Zork Nemesis wrote:Do not interrupt your match, do not bully players, and don't cheat or else you might get permanently locked out of For Glory mode.
Do they have some sort of server watching us? Because I remember just sitting there rematching a Little Mac 30 times and winning 30 times, and nothing happened. o.o
Bullying players means that you are consistently going after the same person in FFA/2v2 For Glory matches. It doesn't come in to play if you rematch the same person in 1v1 several times. There are actually systems in place to watch for it and you can even report players for abusing glitches or cheating during the victory screen.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:26 pm

I tried playing "For Fun" mode this week for the first time. Is there any way to reduce the lag, or is it just considered normal for it to be unplayably slow? It takes me 3 1/2 minutes to play a 2-minute match because the game has to stop every 2-3 frames to catch everybody up, which takes up to 10 seconds at times.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:49 am

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do. It's the same issues with Brawl honestly.

There's two types of latency: actual network lag where you're experiencing choppy gameplay, and input delay where your commands aren't executing immediately on pressing the button. Network lag can only really be reduced by getting as close to your wireless router as possible and hoping that everyone else playing isn't connecting through a toaster. Input delay can only be reduced by playing with people closer to home, which the matchmaker won't always do that for you. There's hardly any delay if you're doing local gameplay in the same room but the further apart you are the longer it takes the games to process commands.

InBOUND HD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by InBOUND HD » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Replay mode seems to just replay the same videos over again. Lets say if you stop watching replays after a certain amout of videos, when you go back to watching one, it will just show the same video you first saw, then continue on with the other videos you've already seen, until you get to a new video. I don't know if this is for certain videos, because I had put certain filters for my replay searches like "For Glory" and "1v1". But for sure it seems that the videos don't seem to be shown randomly, but rather in a set order. Does anyone know why?

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Eight-player mode in a nutshell

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Reveal trailer for one of the secret characters.
VIEW CONTENT:

Also character page here
And Jigglypuff for good measure.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:52 am

Somebody's got an advance copy of the Wii-U game (likely for review teams) and they're uploading videos to YouTube. Some of the new music is freaking amazing. Here's a few samples, though i'll spoiler it in case you'd rather wait a couple weeks to hear it.
VIEW CONTENT:
Shadow Man's Theme

Team Flare Battle

Unova Route 10

Vs. Cynthia (this one has combat sound)

Cloudtop Cruise (though it could possibly be just the in-clouds guitar riffs)

Good Egg Galaxy (called Egg Planet)

The Great Cave Offensive

Also City Escape will be in the Sonic stage
And based on the menu images, there's more awesome to come.

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
Also City Escape will be in the Sonic stage

And based on the menu images, there's more awesome to come.
...:D yay~

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:32 am

VIEW CONTENT:
Thought Shadow Man was good? How about Quick Man/Heat Man?

The guys doing the music for Mega Man must really love the franchise.

There's also an absurd amount of music returning from Brawl. I'm going through someone's playlist and a good 70% of what's known is Melee/Brawl music.
While we're at it.

Super Slam Bros. 4

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:11 am

More music news. Spoilered in case you want to wait.
VIEW CONTENT:
Cannot contain the Mega Man music hype. Nintendo just needs to buy the IP from Capcom already.

Cut Man's stage:

Some other newly found-out themes:

Unova Route 23 (B2W2)

Norfair (NES)

Lorule Field (direct rip from Link Between Worlds; still awesome)

Champion Road (direct rip from Mario 3D World, but it's still a Gusty Garden remix, so it's something)

Rooftop Run (Modern) (direct rip from Sonic Generations; i'm ok with this)

Final Destination V2

The Valedictory Elegy (yes, Baten Kaitos)

Butter Building V2 (it's more like a Kirby's Adventure melody)