Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Super Smash Bros.: Wii U / 3DS

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 am

Patch 1.0.4 has been announced to be occuring some time later this month. Sakurai or someone dropped the line here, but in case you can't read Japanese (incoming Google Translate):
Ver. 1.0.4 [delivery scheduled in November 2014]

I will adjust the game balance.
Other, so who can play comfortably the game, and fix some of the problems.
※ If you download the update data (Ver.1.0.4), and those who use the update data (Ver.1.0.3) previously you will not be able to local communication competition.
The replay data that was saved in the update data (Ver.1.0.3) previously they can not be played back.
※ update data (Ver. 1.0.4) delivery date or later, in order to make the internet play, the update data (Ver. 1.0.4) will be required.
Basic jist of it: there will be balance changes, changes enough that without the 1.0.4 patch you'll be unable to play multiplayer locally without it. This will also cause any saved replays to no longer work so find a way to archive those amazing matches now.

While nothing's solid, many people believe some significant glitches and oddities will be fixed, like Yoshi's Egg-teleport or Wario's complete violation of physics.

UPDATE: A Wii-U firmware patch has been released (5.3.0) that adds Amiibo settings. According to this article, Amiibos will only be able to be loaded with one game's worth of data at a time, so if you were planning on having the Mario Amiibo for both Smash and future titles you better get a second one.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/1 ... imitations

Should point out that this only applies to games that write data to the figures, not just reading them. When used with Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors they only read data so there won't be an issue there.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:14 am

If you've preordered the Wii-U version through the eShop, you can preload it now.
http://nintendoeverything.com/pre-load- ... nd-europe/

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

This could just be a UK thing, but according to this website if you register on Club Nintendo a 3DS system and Smash Bros 3DS or Pokemon ORAS between September 11th and January 12th you can receive a free download for one of seven other games. Again no confirmation on the US side of things.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/offers/nint ... -game.list

LonelyTentacle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LonelyTentacle » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:19 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:This could just be a UK thing, but according to this website if you register on Club Nintendo a 3DS system and Smash Bros 3DS or Pokemon ORAS between September 11th and January 12th you can receive a free download for one of seven other games. Again no confirmation on the US side of things.

Hopefully they bring the deal stateside as well. Mario Kart 8 had a similar deal, which was announced by Europe first then NOA adopted it (with less games though).

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:07 am

LonelyTentacle wrote:
Zork Nemesis wrote:This could just be a UK thing, but according to this website if you register on Club Nintendo a 3DS system and Smash Bros 3DS or Pokemon ORAS between September 11th and January 12th you can receive a free download for one of seven other games. Again no confirmation on the US side of things.

Hopefully they bring the deal stateside as well. Mario Kart 8 had a similar deal, which was announced by Europe first then NOA adopted it (with less games though).
I think we'll know tomorrow, that's when they shift the Club Nintendo deals.

Speaking of Club Nintendo, one of the physical rewards available right now is a three-poster set of some of the promotional art for Smash 4; Villager, Rosalina, and Palutena. It's pretty expensive though but they're pretty cool looking posters. Too bad Mega Man's art isn't included.
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/45108.do

LonelyTentacle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LonelyTentacle » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 am

I'm actually surprised the posters haven't sold out. Physical additions don't last too long on club Nintendo especially as they've come to be more rare. Though I'm sure they made plenty. I've never put up a poster in my life so I've taken a pass.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:08 am

The 1.0.4 patch is now available on the eShop for the 3DS version. You'll need it for online play, but remember, installing this update will nuke your saved replays. Back them up first if you want to hang on to them.

There's some fighter balance changes as promised. It appears they're bringing changes that are in the current build of the Wii-U version to the 3DS. Of note:
-Little Mac's KO Punch will KO at lower percentages. His jabs also appear to do less damage and his Side-B covers less distance in the air.
-Rosalina's Luma takes longer to respawn (13 seconds), however it returns quicker when you recall it. It's also possible that it has more HP.
-"Bowsercides" (using his Side-B to carry someone off the edge) will cause Bowser to fall first, and allow the opponent to potentially recover. This extends to Kirby (inhale), Dedede (inhale), and Wario (bite), but not Ganondorf (Side-B).
--This conflicts with the Wii-U version actually, as a Bowsercide over there triggers Sudden Death on the last stock.
-Yoshi's "Egg Teleport" glitch appears to be fixed.
-Wario's unusual physics-defying vector is gone (there's a video earlier in the thread showing that one off)
-Pit and Dark Pit's Side-B attack now KOs at higher percentages, assuming these totals are from the center of Final Destination.
-Ness' D-Throw deals less damage and now deals the correct amount of damage to Mr. Game and Watch.
-Greninja can no longer use his Side-B to cancel his D-Air
-Shulk's attacks appear to do more damage. 1%~2% more, but it adds up.
-Mega Man's U-Air (Air Shooter) appears to be larger. Bigger hitbox, same damage.
-Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant appears to require more damage to uproot.

-Various geometry glitches on Corneria have not been fixed.

I'll be testing a few things myself, all of this came from people reporting on the Smash Bros. subreddit.

EDIT: I found a possibly complete changelog based on player testing from the Smash Bros. subreddit, Smashboards, and some other players' personal testing. Here we go! (Information on secret characters I've colorized to match TheVille's default background in an effort to spoiler them, if you want to see the changes highlight the text)

Bugs :
-Bomb canceling fixed
-Turnip canceling fixed
-Yoshi teleport fixed
-Wectoring fixed
-Greninja's Dair cancel fixed
-Hyper Rollout fixed
-Villager's rocket kill on the ledge fixed
Bowser :
-Bowsercide = Bowser dies first
-Fsmash deals 2% less damages, meaning that Dedede/Ganondorf now have the most powerful Smash in the game.
-Down tilt's second hit is harder to connect
Rosalina :
-Luma timer increased to 13 seconds
-Nair deals less damage, less kb as well
-Neutral B's distance covered has been lowered (Which is, in fact, a buff, that poop was hard to land properly.)
-Luma comes back faster
Ness :
-Down Throw nerfed from 9% to 7% (;_;)
-It now does the correct amount of damages on G&W
-Usmash deals less damage with the back hit
-Dsmash deals less damage
Marth :
-Looks like his Dthrow/Fthrow give more followups. (flip yes)
Lucina :
-Looks like her Dthrow/Fthrow g-oh wait I just said that two lines ago
Ike :
-Ike's Fair is significantly faster
-Looks like it can autocancel as well
-His Nair comes a bit quicker
-Jab looks fixed so all 3 attacks connect properly
-Ending lag on his Ftilt and Dtilt reduced
-Back air seems faster but I'm not sure at all
-Back air's damages increased by 1%
Toon Link:
-Jab damages increased by 1%
-His Utilt still does 5% despite the fact it does 6 on Wii U
Shulk :
All Shulk's moves but Backslash are buffed, most of them do more damages (Ranging from 1% to 3%)
Little Mac :
-Jab does less damages
-KO Punch got buffed, KOes earlier (Somebody on Smashboards calced : It used to ko Jigs at 19% with vectoring, now it kills at 13%)
-Aerial Side B covers less distance
Falco :
-Blaster comes out quicker
-Our prayers got answered ! Dair is faster. (Not instant but still quite fast now.)

Sheik :
-Looks like needles now have some ending lag to em
-Down B has less knockback
-Uair has less knockback
-Fair deals less damages
Zero Suit Samus :
-Side B now connects properly
-Air Dodge's landing lag standardized to the usual 22 frames
-Neutral B has more ending lag
-Neutral B quick shot has less range
Greninja :
-Uair nerfed. Harder to land all the hits, less knockback.
-Can't fastfall during Shadow Sneak to reappear lower anymore.
-More lag on Usmash
Olimar :
-Pikmin Toss does more damages
Pacman :
-Hydrant got sturdier to the point Pacman's back-air can't send it flying
King Dedede :
-Down Throw now sends upward
-Gordo even easier to reflect (2% instead of 3)
-Fair deals less damages
-Dededecide kills Dedede first now
Zelda :
-Up tilt does 1% more damage
-Looks like Din's Fire has less ending lag to it
Ganondorf :
-Looks like Nair has less lag
Megaman :
-Looks like Leaf Shield throws out faster
-Uair hitbox larger
Meta Knight :
-Nair deals more damages
-Down B sends more horizontally, allowing for earlier KOs
-Fthrow damages fixed
-Bthrow has a tiny bit more knockback
-Rejoice ! Bair KOs about ~25% earlier ! MK has a ko move everybody !
Luigi :
-Fsmash deals more damages
Mario :
-Utilt deals less damages
Dr Mario :
-Dair deals 5 hits instead of 7
-Fair has more knockback

Wii Fit Trainer :
-Looks like Nair deals less damages, need confirmation on that one
-Air Dodge's landing lag standardized to the usual 22 frames
-Uair deals more damages
Pikachu :
-More knockback on Fsmash, Side B and Down B
-Thunder's hitbox no longer is divided in 4 separates ones
Wario :
-No longer has that troublesome release animation so some characters can't combo him as easily as before
Link :
-Fsmash's second hit connects more easily
Bowser Jr. :
-Dthrow deals less damage
-Dair deals less damage

R.O.B :
-Up B's fuel comes back quicker

Palutena :
-Utilt and Dtilt have IASA frames
Yoshi :
-More lag on Dash Attack and Dair
-Neutral B has more startup
Robin :
-No longer can be infinited by Zero Suit Samus
-No longer gets a 3rd jump by fully charging Thoron
-UpB can now grab the ledge while facing it backwards
Lucario :
-Significantly increased landing lag on UpB
Villager :
-Fair's damages increased
-Bair's damages increased

Maple Man
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Maple Man » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:35 pm

I'd like to also add that Shulk's dmg output with the speed stance is slightly higher, while the amount of damage Shulk takes from buster stance is less.
Falco got his blaster buffed by more shots per second, and shorter recovery frames
Toon link's bomb lag cancelling was fun :/ (Mah Main)

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:11 pm

From Nintendo of Europe, Mewtwo will be available to purchase later if you don't buy both versions of the game.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/5 ... 72896?s=09

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:51 am

Well, it's out. Unlocking every character takes no time at all, you'll have them all in 100 matches. There are still alternative unlock methods like clearing Classic or Multi-Man Smash, but you can get them pretty quick just by fighting.

The music selection does not disappoint, though I have to wonder why Sega won't let Nintendo/HAL/Bandai remix the music for Sonic (lone exception is still Angel Island Zone). There's also a couple of odd IPs in the music choices: the Wuhu Island stage has options from Style Savvy? Duck Hunt has a theme from NES Remix as well as Art Academy. Boxing Ring has a theme from Captain Rainbow of all things. It's not set to play by default; you have to turn it on yourself.

The Great Cave Offensive gets the record for largest single stage. It is freaking massive. It's incredibly difficult to keep track of things in an 8-player match. Speaking of 8-player mode, it's pretty crazy in it's own respect. As for many of the other stages, I haven't really gotten a look at them as I've been doing mostly 1v1 For Glory tonight.

Online lag seems reduced. It could be that more people are using wired connections, or it could just be better networking. We'll have to wait and see.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:47 am

1v1 matches can be funny sometimes. Take for instance my win over Samus in this short clip. Don't forget to turn it up to 1080p!

Actually i'm having a lot of fun in 1v1 matches. Most of the people I run in to are a pretty good challenge, many of them are good sports (such as they return pre-fight taunts) and it's much more satisfying to land a reverse-Warlock Punch as Ganon on a player than a CPU.

InBOUND HD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by InBOUND HD » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:45 pm

LOL megaman all the way! That guy should have spot dodged that XD

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:13 am

(This game is why I have a recording device by the way)

You think you have Ganondorf in a corner? Think again!

I won the match too, but not how I wanted to. I won after he misjudged a Rocketbarrel launch and nosedived off the other side of the stage.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:09 am

Why is Ganondorf so much fun to play as?

The worst part about this: since I didn't damage him that second life, the game counted it as a Self-Destruct.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:55 am

Not showing off this time (nobody likes that stuff anyway), but I've got a bit of a heads-up.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/new-smash- ... H3B0zHF9SK

A bug was recently discovered (Error code 160-0103), though how to trigger this error is currently unknown. Speculation is that it either involves For Glory mode or deleting update data, but it's still not clear what the cause is. The error code outright prevents gameplay, it doesn't let you access the game (it's possible this may extend only to the retail version). If this occurs, it also becomes impossible to access the Smash Bros. (or any other) data via the Wii U's Data Management (error code 160-1710). Nintendo is aware of the bug and their solutions are to either reformat your system or send it in for repairs. Here's the nasty issue: if you decide to format, this error can potentially brick your system.

A system update as well as an update to Smash Bros. have been pushed, likely to fix this issue or at least make it less common while they work on actually fixing it (Nintendo and patch notes cannot coexist). This presents a new issue though as people who claim to have received this update are reporting their Smash Bros. save data being wiped as a result.

I haven't experienced these errors, but I'm going to go through with the system update. What I plan to do is to back-up the save data on to a USB drive (The Wii U seems to be able to do this) and have it kept seperate while I proceed with the system and game updates.

EDIT: Not seeing any save data issues with the data that was still on the system. I'm also not seeing a Smash Bros. update like I thought there was, just a system update.

UPDATE: It turns out I was probably overreacting. This specific error code (160-0103) appears to not be related to Smash at all and is more likely a factory defect people are experiencing, as searching Google for this code turns up cases where it's occurring with other games and even during system configuration. It only causes a panic as Smash is the best selling Wii U game at the moment with nearly half a million players or so going at it right now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comme ... not_smash/