Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Super Smash Bros.: Wii U / 3DS

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:04 am

I'ma beat Supreveio to the punch.

Bust out those peanuts and banana peels, Diddy Kong's back.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:33 am

Actually, I've already edited the main post with that information. I just didn't want to quadruple-post. :P

I'm still waiting for Ness and/or Lucas to be confirmed. But I don't really expect either of them nor Captain Falcon to be teased prior to the game's release, since there isn't a new MOTHER or F-Zero game to promote (and has not been since 2006 and 2003, respectively). Can't be asking us to buy all their playsets and toys if there's no toys to buy, can they.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:I'ma beat Supreveio to the punch.

Bust out those peanuts and banana peels, Diddy Kong's back.
Diddy Kong was my favorite in Brawl.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Nintendo's pretty much come out and said they're not interested in making another F-Zero title anyway. So yeah, if Falcon is in the game he won't be announced until late.

You'll notice Nintendo doesn't care too much for the American market. Games that are popular in the US, but not in Japan, are games they have no plans to work with. Metroid, Star Fox, F-Zero, and a few others come to mind.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 pm

A lot of the franchises they don't do anything with nowadays exhibit a pattern of being killed off by a single bad game/an odd entry in the series that was distant enough from the rest that it drove people away for good. Those three in particular are actually three of the four Nintendo franchises listed on TVTropes' page about "Franchise Killers" (and even then, the fourth entry is only about how a Fire Emblem game managed NOT to be this): Metroid had Other M, Star Fox had Adventures + Command, F-Zero had GP Legend.

Basically, if they picked those back up, there's a chance we'd get another Sonic-esque fanbase behind each one. And we definitely don't want that. :P

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:39 am

Will T. wrote:A lot of the franchises they don't do anything with nowadays exhibit a pattern of being killed off by a single bad game/an odd entry in the series that was distant enough from the rest that it drove people away for good. Those three in particular are actually three of the four Nintendo franchises listed on TVTropes' page about "Franchise Killers" (and even then, the fourth entry is only about how a Fire Emblem game managed NOT to be this): Metroid had Other M, Star Fox had Adventures + Command, F-Zero had GP Legend.
And while you're correct, I believe Miyamoto is on record for saying he straight-up dislikes those franchises (especially F-Zero) and because they underperform in Japan compared to Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, etc, they don't plan on doing much with them unless Japanese demand goes up (I recall an off-handed comment about how someone at Nintendo Japan said 'if Star Fox 64 3D does poorly, don't expect a franchise revival'). In the case of Metroid you'll notice that while many Americans love the Prime games while the Japanese didn't. It seems like the Japanese don't go for the more realistic, serious type games that Nintendo tries to put out. As a result, we're stuck with the ending to Fusion which would be exciting to hear the repercussions over.
VIEW CONTENT:
Basically, Samus just destroyed a major Galactic Federation research station as well as the planet it was orbiting. Given that the Federation was using that station and planet to research Metroids for the betterment of mankind as well as their newfound interest in the X and SA-X; she just wasted decades worth of research by disobeying direct orders and is likely now considered a war criminal by the Federation. This would be an awesome story; even though she eradicated the Space Pirates in Prime 3, now she's potentially the enemy of the Federation and they're well aware that she's a walking engine of death and destruction.
Also, another bit on F-Zero: nobody ever mentions F-Zero Climax which was another GBA F-Zero title not released outside of Japan. I don't think it did well enough in Japan to merit an international release, though having found and played a ROM for the game I think it was a fantastic game that improved on GP-Legend in many ways.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:16 pm

No new characters recently, but I just wanted to share this image of Sonic beating Pit over the head with a piece of rock candy that's been possessed by the Eye of Sauron:

"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:46 am

Heads up: There's a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3 PM Pacific.

Be there or be informed at a later time.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Characters revealed during the Direct:
- Yoshi returns, and is now in an upright posture much like Bowser
- Zero Suit Samus and Sheik return, but as individual characters; Samus's Final Smash no longer turns her into Zero Suit Samus, and Zelda/Sheik's down specials are new moves.
- Charizard is now a standalone character, as Squirtle, Ivysaur and Red are no longer involved with him.
VIEW CONTENT:
NEWCOMER: Greninja
Stages:
- Final Destination can take the appearance of any other level in the game, but retains the flat platform aspect
- Most stages are exclusive to either the 3DS or Wii U versions
- Melee's Jungle Japes and Brawl's Halberd stages return
- The Yellow Devil is a stage hazard on the Wily Castle stage, and you can destroy it. Doing so makes it explode violently (like a Smart Bomb), which is considered an attack by the player who landed the killing blow
- Ridley will appear as a hazard on the Pyrosphere stage

Final Smashes:
- Pit: Legendary Treasures - Pit bombards the arena with energy projectiles instead of calling in a bunch of weakling Centurions now
- Lucario: Mega Lucario - (This might not actually be a Final Smash but...) all of Lucario's Aura-based attacks become max-power
- Charizard: Mega Charizard X - (again, might not actually be a Final Smash) No other info given.
- Villager: Dream Home - Tom Nook, Tommy and Timmy build a house that explodes when they finish constructing it.
- Mega Man: No Name Given - Mega Man X, Mega Man Volnutt, MegaMan.EXE and Star Force Mega Man show up to aid Mega Man Classic and they shoot rainbow lasers.
- Rosalina & Luma Power Star - A giant Power Star appears and shoots Star Bits everywhere

Items:
- Beam Sword (Smash Bros.): Returns and sounds more like a Light Saber than ever
- Bumper (Smash Bros.): It's red now!
- Smart Bomb (Star Fox): Explodes!
- Motion Sensor Bomb (Smash Bros.): Really obvious red and purple colors!
- POW Block (Super Mario): Smashes all (grounded) enemies vertically when it hits the ground
- Beetle (Legend of Zelda): Strangles a character and carries them into the sky
- Fire Bar (Super Mario): A fiery version of the Beam Sword that gets shorter as you hit with it
- Back Shield (Kid Icarus): Floats behind you and protects from attacks from behind
- Bombchu (Legend of Zelda): Follows the terrain and explodes when it reaches a player
- Fairy Bottle (Legend of Zelda): Heals the user
- Ore Club (Kid Icarus): A Star Rod that shoots tornadoes instead of stars
- X Bomb (Kid Icarus): Explodes in a + or x pattern
- Hocotate Bomb (Pikmin): Olimar's Brawl Final Smash in item form (except you don't ride in it)
- Rocket Belt (Pilot Wings): Lets you jump multiple times
- Steel Diver (Steel Diver): Shoots missiles

Assist Trophies:
- Devil (Devil's World) - Returns, does the same thing as in Brawl
- Andross (Star Fox) - Same as in Brawl
- Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment) - Same as in Brawl
- Lyn (Fire Emblem) - Same as in Brawl
- Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) - Same as in Brawl
- Waluigi (Super Mario) - Same as in Brawl
- Nintendog (Nintendogs) - Same as in Brawl, but a different breed of dog
- Doctor Wright (SimCity) - Same as in Brawl
- Mother Brain (Metroid) - Shoots that rainbow energy beam from Super Metroid
- Midna (Legend of Zelda) - Damages enemies by whipping her hair back and forth
- Isabelle (Animal Crossing) - Throws fruit to the fighters to heal them
- Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda) - Flips the screen upside-down, similar to Palkia's Spacial Rend
- Ashley (WarioWare, Inc.) - Creates some kinda purple fog that does something I couldn't make out (seems to be a poisonous mist)
- Elec Man (Mega Man) - Shoots the Thunder Beam at enemies
- Dark Samus (Metroid) - Rapid fire lasers! And tentacles!
- Chain Chomp (Super Mario) - Lunges at enemies
- Color TV-Game 15 (???) - Plays Pong, the ball damages enemies it hits and deflects off of them

Poke Balls / Master Balls: Master Balls work like Poke Balls but only release rare and/or legendary Pokemon
- Meowth (Pay Day): Same as Brawl
- Electrode (Explosion): Same as Brawl
- Staryu (Swift): Same as Brawl
- Metagross (Earthquake): Same as Brawl
- Eevee (Tackle): Barges into enemies
- Fennekin (Ember): Shoots a fireball that works similarly to Ness's PK Fire attack (it creates a pillar of fire that continues damaging)
- Gogoat (n/a): Runs across the field, and you can stand on it like a platform
- Entei (Fire Spin): Same as in Melee/Brawl
- Deoxys (Hyper Beam): Same as in Brawl
- Palkia (Spacial Rend): Flips the screen upside down (similar to what it did in the Spear Pillar stage in Brawl)
- Arceus (Judgment): Emits circular energy that meteor smashes enemies
- Victini (Victory Star): Flashes a pose that doesn't seem to do anything
- Kyurem (Glaciate): Freezes nearby enemies
- Meloetta (Relic Song): Music notes that bounce off walls and damage things
- Keldeo (Secret Sword): Slashes enemies with its horn
- Xerneas (Geomancy): No effect shown

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Poor Mewtwo...
VIEW CONTENT:

InBOUND HD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by InBOUND HD » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 pm

I am fairly new with the wii u and I wold like to know if it supports the gamecube controller. I never was a fan of the wii controllers, especially the motion ones.

Glad to see jump-and-shoot man is in the game :D

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 am

It does not support Gamecube controllers though the Wii U Pro Controller I find to be an acceptable substitute. I'm sure it will support Wii Classic Controllers too.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Ah yes, the Pic of the Day. Who'd have thought they'd all end up in the same place for a change.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue May 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Charizard's Side-Special is now Flare Blitz which, like in the source material, does massive damage. Also like in the source material, you take recoil damage when it connects.

Charizard's old Side-Special (Rock Smash) was moved to Down-Special.

Also Mega Charizard X is Charizard's Final Smash. Which presumably means that Mega Lucario is Lucario's new Final Smash.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri May 23, 2014 6:45 am

Do you like Ike?

Because Sakurai likes Ike.