Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Super Smash Bros.: Wii U / 3DS

Post by Will T. » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm

XxOtaruxX wrote:I probably won't ever get a Wii U. I know one person with one, so that is sufficient. The first SSB game I owned was Brawl, and I still got to play the other two quite a lot. That being said, I still think Brawl was really disappointing for me. It's going to have to be much better for me to consider buying the game/system..
Brawl was made during Nintendo's "selling the name, not the game" phase, as I call it: a time when they were so over-confident in their brand identity as a selling point that it became their only selling point. Thankfully they seem to have received a hard slap to the head sometime around 2009-2010, and their newer stuff shows some promise of a return to quality games. Will it continue? Only time will tell.

I'll probably pick this up for the 3DS if it turns out to be good. I'm also considering a Wii U at some point for Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World (3D Land is one of very few good Mario platformers since Sunshine IMO), and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. That will have to wait until the system comes down in price though - $300-$350 is outrageous.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I really hope there isn't much beyond graphics for differences between versions, I'm still not convinced to by a Wii U and if I don't have to to play this, I won't.
From the reveal trailer, it looks like the 3DS graphics for the characters are going to have a cell-shaded look to them. It kind of reminded me of the SFIV's graphics.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:29 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:Still, i'm a little surprised Megaman's buster is his standard punch and not a special attack. Samus' arm cannon shots aren't a punch damnit.
It looks like an inordinate number of his attacks are projectile. My guess is that Mega Man players are going to need to be really good at staying out of direct combat and know how to use all their projectiles to their advantage to whittle foes down before they can get to you. Kinda like how Mega Man games are played, really. His omnidirectional Metal Blades are a hint at this as well. His buster looks like it only has a very short range and it probably does like 1-2% damage each. If they're really going for authenticity, he'll only be able to have 3 shots on screen at a time :P
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Good news for Smash Bros. fans: there's no tripping in the newest one.

In an interview with me this morning, Smash designer Masahiro Sakurai confirmed that it's not. "To answer quite frankly, it will not return," he said through a translator.
-Article

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 pm

Not gonna lie, the Wii Fit Trainer looks hilarious and would play. Villager is also awesome, will main. Also, MEGAMAN GUYS!
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:11 pm

We know that Final Smashes are back (with Samus and Wii Fit Trainer being the only ones known thus far), but we don't know what Mega Man's is (yet). I was thinking about it and I have a couple ideas for what it could be.

-Beat (5 and 6): Beat flies around and mauls everyone for 10-15 seconds, kind of like Palutena's Army but with one unit.
-S. Adaptor (6 and 7, specifically 7): I can see this giving Mega Man a temporary power and mobility boost, similar to how Warioman works.
-Astro Crush (8)/Toad Rain (4): Screen nukes, Astro Crush could be similar to PK Starstorm, though Toad Rain would probably just end up being impossible to dodge
-Time Stopper (2): Freezes time (the other players) for 10 seconds or so, allowing Mega Man free reign to do whatever he wants

Or maybe i'm way off and it'll be something else entirely.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 pm

darklin0 wrote:Not gonna lie, the Wii Fit Trainer looks hilarious and would play.
I like playing as the people that amuse me the most. In brawl, I played as Peach a lot because I could fly around and avoid everyone's attacks. I called it Troll Peach. 8)
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:29 pm

NerevarineKing wrote: I like playing as the people that amuse me the most. In brawl, I played as Peach a lot because I could fly around and avoid everyone's attacks. I called it Troll Peach. 8)
Pichu all the way!

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:We know that Final Smashes are back (with Samus and Wii Fit Trainer being the only ones known thus far), but we don't know what Mega Man's is (yet). I was thinking about it and I have a couple ideas for what it could be.

-Beat (5 and 6): Beat flies around and mauls everyone for 10-15 seconds, kind of like Palutena's Army but with one unit.
-S. Adaptor (6 and 7, specifically 7): I can see this giving Mega Man a temporary power and mobility boost, similar to how Warioman works.
-Astro Crush (8)/Toad Rain (4): Screen nukes, Astro Crush could be similar to PK Starstorm, though Toad Rain would probably just end up being impossible to dodge
-Time Stopper (2): Freezes time (the other players) for 10 seconds or so, allowing Mega Man free reign to do whatever he wants

Didn't they tease it a bit in the CG trailer? It was like a fire looking thing.
NerevarineKing wrote:
darklin0 wrote:Not gonna lie, the Wii Fit Trainer looks hilarious and would play.
I like playing as the people that amuse me the most. In brawl, I played as Peach a lot because I could fly around and avoid everyone's attacks. I called it Troll Peach. 8)
Olimar all day.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 pm

darklin0 wrote:Didn't they tease it a bit in the CG trailer? It was like a fire looking thing.
I think Flame Blast is just his down-smash attack. I doubt they'd make a rather mundane boss attack his Final Smash. Especially from 6.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:49 pm

darklin0 wrote: Didn't they tease it a bit in the CG trailer? It was like a fire looking thing.
From what I gather, the flame attack is just his down-smash. In the interview that showed off more of his moves, it was just a smash attack as opposed to a Final Smash.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:57 pm

NerevarineKing wrote:
I was always Diddy Kong. None of my friends could ever use him successfully, but I found that I could. Maybe it's like you're hinting at, he's annoying and fun. It was all about throwing those nanners and cartwheeling people.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:18 pm

I'll be happy if Zelda makes a return, I doubt they would remove her from the roster.

Spam Din's Fire all day errday.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:We know that Final Smashes are back (with Samus and Wii Fit Trainer being the only ones known thus far), but we don't know what Mega Man's is (yet). I was thinking about it and I have a couple ideas for what it could be.

From the reveal video, I assumed his final smash was going to be the fire blast from Flame Man.

Also, it would be cool to see Proto Man as an assist trophy.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:
Good news for Smash Bros. fans: there's no tripping in the newest one.

In an interview with me this morning, Smash designer Masahiro Sakurai confirmed that it's not. "To answer quite frankly, it will not return," he said through a translator.
-Article
Thank. God.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS