three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: XBOX 360 PS3 Wii which is king?

Post by three_gunn » Mon May 21, 2007 5:06 pm

exactly. in the vid that silverone sent out from gamevideo.com they talk about how the feel and timing of PC periphs will be the same with a console gamepad and then they show a typical manuver of a solly rj'ing up into the air while priming a nade and firing multiple rockets at a heavy on the way down. i can't even begin to think about how long it'll take me to get used to doing that with a gamepad! :? i can play games like gears of war and lost planet on a console just fine but a game like TFC?...hell nah.

BlackHawk
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlackHawk » Tue May 22, 2007 5:04 am

I have played with all 3 and have to say I think the Wii is the most fun. You actually have to get involved a=instead of just sitting on the couch. Behind that is the 360, and the PS3 is a joke as far as I am concerned
“I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
― W.C. Fields

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue May 22, 2007 9:09 am

Wii? PS3? XBox306?

None of them!

PC FTW!

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Tue May 22, 2007 9:14 am

[quote="StrontiumDog";p="27398"]
PC FTW![/quote]
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Morbid
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Morbid » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:37 am

f that who cares about the topic... 360 is as itgood of a system as ps3 it has more ram then the ps3 and better gameit selection atm... one of my fav games it Battlefield 2 Modern Combat i highly recommend it to all the players out there it is the mosittit realistic game i've played to date in simulating combat

ps. ps3 sucks nuts and only ist 600 b/c sony is dumb and used blueray
[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9954/backgroundnv6.jpg[/img]

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:37 am

Wii all the way 360 as a close 2nd ps3 stinken it up in last sure blue ray is nice but do you really need to see your basketball players sweat well I dont know about you but I dont really care gameplay comes first thats why the Wii is so popular but no one said I didnt like nice graphics its just that they shouldnt be the only amazing thing in a game
Patrick: "I wumbo, you wumbo, he she we wumbo, wumboing, wumbology, they study of wumbo...come on Spongebob, this is first grade!"

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:16 am

Wii = party system
360 = gameplay system
PS3 = versatility system

The Wii, you really cant get the best of it unless you have more than on person. The Xbox 360 has control of the market right now so obviously its the best in my mind. Ive always been a PlayStation kinda guy so once the price drops im all over it.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Preacherman
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Preacherman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:06 pm

I have kids that have game - me I'm just stuck with my pc - however.....

just got kid wii - had to test it before his b'day just to make sure all worked (u really have to do this as a parent cos the last thing u want is a pressie that doesn't work - and it is the only bloomin chance u can get to play with it) - it is great fun

haven't got the ps3 (just ps2 + cube) YET - Xbos does look good but don't need (or not allowed) 3 different makes of gaming machines in the house
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j67/preacherman666/manutd-1.jpg[/img]

Morbid
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Morbid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:43 pm

lol... the thing about the whole ps3 crap is that it was supposed to have these amazing graphics and what not... but compared to the xbox who is like 200-300 dollars less looks just as good... its justi a huge waste of money.. i admit i like some of sony's games though but waste of money they meissed it upi

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:05 pm

if i had to base it off of sales at my particular walmart electronics dept...

xbox360- it came out a year earlier than the other 2 so there hasn't been a whole lot of demand for it recently, the elite systems ( the 4 we got in ) sold within a week or 2. and we have i'd say close to 2 doezen core units in the back room. The premium units still have a fairly steady rate of sales going on them... maybe 1-2 a week.

PS3- i think i personally have sold 2 of these since christmas. and we still have stock from a shipment of about 20 we got the first week of december.... yeah. Hot item indeed. The marketing around it and the fact that we have a display unit and an entire endcap featuring the system and the game and sales are still crap. maybe it doesn't help that both sony displays keep freezing ( flash palyers... but cmon)

Wii- the best seller by far ,and it has annoyed the crap out of me since they came out.. hell since a month before they came out. I still take half a dozen calls about this system each day, 6 months after ti has come out. Wal-mart has decided to feature it by the main aisles and continues to put them in our advertisements ( which tick me off because then we have to line people up at midnight.. and really like anyone DOESN'T know its out) We'll get a shipment of anywhere from 7-20 of them in occasionally and each time they are gone within i'd say 36 hours.

the affordablity of it all seems to make the wii the most parent friendly too. I mean yeah the PS3 is supposed to have amazing graphics but to truly enjoy your $600 system you need a $1200 TV and a $200 surround sound system. The true advantage to the PS3 is if you were planning on getting a blu-ray player in the first place seeing as most BR players are still in the $800-900 range.

with nintendo it seems like they keep changing how people play games or the ease of which they play.. instead od just trying to make everything look better

i'm too tired to write anymore about this.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Morbid
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Morbid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:48 pm

good thoughts.. i thiink the wii is so popular because of how interactive it is.. your noi longer just moving your fingers andi istuff your doiing body motionsi which makes it a greati party type game, and for people whoi dont play video igaimes that much

Cornbread
Villun
Villun

Post by Cornbread » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:26 pm

I think once PS3 gets some games it will grow in popularity. XboX had all the momentum as of right now but look for things to even out in the future.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/butteredcornbread][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/2/butteredcornbread.png[/img][/url]

Zman
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Zman » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:39 pm

I wish i had a xbox360 they have so many cool games and i now regret buying the wii it doesnt have enough games and all the games i get for are really easy and play straight though them but they did have one solid title in my opinion it was Twilight Princess but thats all and i finished that game along time ago everything else i have is just a whole bunch of mini-games
Patrick: "I wumbo, you wumbo, he she we wumbo, wumboing, wumbology, they study of wumbo...come on Spongebob, this is first grade!"

Willie Busserhimen
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Willie Busserhimen » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:42 pm

If any of you have a Ps3... feel free to add me "deejayJOKER"

I need more friends besides my RL friends for when HOME drops.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.

Gen.Ben
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gen.Ben » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:33 pm

I added you willie, The PS3 is starting to pwn now that they have a few good games out for it.

Willie if you have RB6V, Get ready to get pwned.

[quote="Zman";p="28781"]
Wii all the way
[/quote]

2 Months Later

[quote="Zman";p="34589"]
and i now regret buying the wii
[/quote]

I am starting to see this more and more with Wii owners!
IMO, Wii's are great when you have a few friends over... for about 30 minutes until you bust out the real consoles. If someone is bored with the console in 2 months... like.. come on! I think the Wii sold uber alot at launch because A) It was dirt cheap and B) It was something new and exciting, now that it has been out for 6 months, people realized, wow, its not all that great.

With the price cuts of the PS3, I think it will be only a matter of time before the PS3 pulls ahead.

Myself, on the other hand love my PS3 still, and it will only get better when some great exclusive games come out like MGS4 and Killzone 2 also, It's going to get even better when firmware version 2.0 releases and PS3 Home is released!

Again, this is all in my opinion.

PS3 EFF TEE DUB!
[img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z80/Gen-Ben/l3eeron/SMS_genben_sig.png[/img]